ImageImageImage

Ben Simmons Thread #2 (“Don’t make me contact Howard” Edition)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 2,739

Re: Ben Simmons Thread #2 (“Don’t make me contact Howard” Edition) 

Post#961 » by KGdaBom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:26 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:What’s the best offer you’d support for Simmons from a Wolves’ perspective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shine is probably off McDaniels, but I'd try him with Beasley and a couple of lotto protected FRPs as the price has to have come down on Simmons.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#962 » by KGdaBom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:30 pm

I can't read many of the posts here. They are like novels. Short and sweet please. I know you can economize on the words.
winforlose
Sixth Man
And1: 551

Post#963 » by winforlose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:30 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:What’s the best offer you’d support for Simmons from a Wolves’ perspective?

The shine is probably off McDaniels, but I'd try him with Beasley and a couple of lotto protected FRPs as the price has to have come down on Simmons.

Just gonna ask it to ask it. Do you expect Simmons to be game ready after not practicing all season? If it takes him 2-4 weeks to get ready and contribute and we are down two rotation players in the meantime, what does that do to our season?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#964 » by KGdaBom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:34 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Just gonna ask it to ask it. Do you expect Simmons to be game ready after not practicing all season? If it takes him 2-4 weeks to get ready and contribute and we are down two rotation players in the meantime, what does that do to our season?

Simmons could roll out of bed and play 5 minutes later. That's the kind of athlete he is.
winforlose
Sixth Man
And1: 551

Post#965 » by winforlose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:40 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The shine is probably off McDaniels, but I'd try him with Beasley and a couple of lotto protected FRPs as the price has to have come down on Simmons.

Simmons could roll out of bed and play 5 minutes later. That's the kind of athlete he is.

You say that, but look at how being out of shape has affected guys like Beasley, Juancho, Layman, ect… That just isn’t true at this level of competition.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#966 » by shrink » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:54 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:The bottom line here is to rid ourselves of that bias, we have to accept what we choose to do. Anyone who thinks what Simmons does in PHI is purely situational, and couldn’t happen here, is unintentionally deluding themselves.

Of course it could happen here. But that doesn't mean it would happen here. That's where it seems the line is drawn.

Any player on any day for any reason could choose not to play. So should the team never draft or sign or trade for another player ever again?.

This is a classic logical fallacy, trying to expand an argument to a ridiculous degree to dismiss it. Reductio ad absurdum.

Also, Simmons ACTUAL HISTORY makes him more likely to choose not to play, versus the thousands of players that haven’t already done it a first time.

Off-court issues shouldn't affect the on-court value of a player to a franchise

Be real. This happens all the time, including right now with Simmons, when he literally isn’t getting on the court.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,371

Post#967 » by King Malta » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:00 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:The bottom line here is to rid ourselves of that bias, we have to accept what we choose to do. Anyone who thinks what Simmons does in PHI is purely situational, and couldn’t happen here, is unintentionally deluding themselves.

Of course it could happen here. But that doesn't mean it would happen here. That's where it seems the line is drawn.

Any player on any day for any reason could choose not to play. So should the team never draft or sign or trade for another player ever again?.

This is a classic logical fallacy, trying to expand an argument to a ridiculous degree to dismiss it.

Also, Simmons ACTUAL HISTORY makes him more likely to choose not to play, versus the thousands of players that haven’t already done it a first time.

Be real. This happens all the time, including right now with Simmons, when he literally isn’t getting on the court.

Ben Simmons would probably be playing right now if his coach and team-mate hadn't publicly thrown him under the bus after a bad playoff series. Especially after about 4 years of keeping that team competitive when Embiid took his compulsory 15-20 game holiday every season.

Accusing people of logical fallacies or deluding themselves when you continuously push this narrative without taking into account all the build up and contributing events is pretty poor in my opinion.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#968 » by KGdaBom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:01 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:

This is a classic logical fallacy, trying to expand an argument to a ridiculous degree to dismiss it.

I think that risk is tiny. It doesn't concern me at all.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#969 » by shrink » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:01 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The shine is probably off McDaniels, but I'd try him with Beasley and a couple of lotto protected FRPs as the price has to have come down on Simmons.

Mental athlete?

What have you seen from Simmons, who is literally saying he is “mentally unprepared to play for any team,” that he is lying and can go play right now?

If this is true, then you have to have bigger questions about his character.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#970 » by KGdaBom » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:03 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

You say that, but look at how being out of shape has affected guys like Beasley, Juancho, Layman, ect… That just isn’t true at this level of competition.

They aren't Ben Simmons. It's not the same thing.
Wolveswin
Veteran
And1: 747

Post#971 » by Wolveswin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:52 am

KGdaBom wrote:

A third team is needed. Morey wants nothing Wolves have.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#972 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:23 am

shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Mental athlete?

What have you seen from Simmons, who is literally saying he is “mentally unprepared to play for any team,” that he is lying and can go play right now?

If this is true, then you have to have bigger questions about his character.

He's mentally unprepared to play for Philly only. He's fine to play for any other team. If that's bad character I guess it is. I don't care much.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves