ImageImageImage

Fun facts and unreal stats

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,766

Re: Fun facts and unreal stats 

Post#21 » by life_saver » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:43 pm

Encouraging to see Wolves higher up in this list..also Pacers I think are better than their record, just been unlucky with tough schedule and losing lot of close matches
Read on Twitter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,809

Post#22 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,226

Post#23 » by Calinks » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why do I not remember Josh Howard playing for us at all?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,700

Post#24 » by minimus » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Nick K wrote:
minimus wrote:
Klomp wrote:I'm keeping an eye on McKinley Wright down in Iowa for that reason. We know he has the tenacious bulldog mentality. And currently hitting over 60% of his 3s on 6+ attempts per game. If his shot sticks, we have another homegrown PG!

I was very disappointed to see Tyus go, so I was very happy when I first saw McKinley Wright play for Wolves. I hope he will develop into tough, hard nosed backup PG for us.

If McKinley could score even a little he could be the answer at backup PG.

Rn he is torching gleague from 3point range
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#25 » by moonpie » Wed Dec 1, 2021 1:07 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#26 » by karch34 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:53 am

Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thought same thing. Checked and he only played in 11 games and was his last year in the league.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,293

Post#27 » by winforlose » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:59 am

karch34 wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thought same thing. Checked and he only played in 11 games and was his last year in the league.

I was wondering about that too. Thanks for the info.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#28 » by King Malta » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:17 am

karch34 wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Haha I remember that, similar period to Gelabale if I'm correct.

He looked decent enough then did his knee I believe.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,823

Post#29 » by Domejandro » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:26 am

Josh Howard actually played pretty well for us before he blew out his ACL, that team imploded with injuries so badly. Fun fact is that most people expected Minnesota to select him twenty-sixth overall during the 2003 NBA Draft, but infamously reached to select Ndudi Ebi. While Josh Howard was an instant NBA-level contributor (and eventual one-time All-Star), Ndudi Ebi ended up getting waived after two seasons.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#30 » by karch34 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:57 am

Domejandro wrote: Fun fact is that most people expected Minnesota to select him twenty-sixth overall during the 2003 NBA Draft, but infamously reached to select Ndudi Ebi. While Josh Howard was an instant NBA-level contributor (and eventual one-time All-Star), Ndudi Ebi ended up getting waived after two seasons.

That I remember very well. All to well.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#31 » by Calinks » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:25 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This shows what good coaching and proper fit can do. In the NBA, fit is everything, Players can look very different depending on the situation they are put it. Of corue there is a level of player buy-in as well.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#32 » by winforlose » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:37 am

Calinks wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This shows what good coaching and proper fit can do. In the NBA, fit is everything, Players can look very different depending on the situation they are put it. Of corue there is a level of player buy-in as well.

This, plus having something to play for. In a tank season or a season cursed by injuries where you have no confidence in getting wins any given night or going anywhere, you just sort of coast or go through the motions. Give guys something to prove (lack of national media respect for example,) and a team they think has the tools to get to the playoffs, and they will step up.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#33 » by winforlose » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:50 am

Taken from Dunking with Wolves, article link below.

“ NBA.com is reasonable about the Timberwolves, per usual

Jon Schuhmann at NBA.com always does a great job, and he has the Wolves ranked at No. 17, which feels perfectly reasonable.

Also per usual, he brings some intriguing statistical analysis to the table. Schumann notes that D’Angelo Russell is legitimately clutch: of the 19 players who have attempted at least 200 “clutch shots” over the past four seasons, he has the best field goal percentage — an impressive 54.3 percent”

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2021/11/30/minnesota-timberwolves-power-rankings-round-up-week-six/
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#35 » by Calinks » Wed Dec 1, 2021 8:54 pm

winforlose wrote:Taken from Dunking with Wolves, article link below.

Jon Schuhmann at NBA.com always does a great job, and he has the Wolves ranked at No. 17, which feels perfectly reasonable.

Also per usual, he brings some intriguing statistical analysis to the table. Schumann notes that D’Angelo Russell is legitimately clutch: of the 19 players who have attempted at least 200 “clutch shots” over the past four seasons, he has the best field goal percentage — an impressive 54.3 percent”

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2021/11/30/minnesota-timberwolves-power-rankings-round-up-week-six/

It's funny cause I was telling my brother Russell is clutch early in the season and he thinks that is BS and he has never seen it, etc. I'm like, of course, it rarely happens for the wolves but trust me, dude is a closer. Thankfully these last few games, including the Sixers game have really shown this.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#36 » by winforlose » Wed Dec 1, 2021 9:03 pm

Calinks wrote:
winforlose wrote:Taken from Dunking with Wolves, article link below.

It's funny cause I was telling my brother Russell is clutch early in the season and he thinks that is BS and he has never seen it, etc. I'm like, of course, it rarely happens for the wolves but trust me, dude is a closer. Thankfully these last few games, including the Sixers game have really shown this.

I had that conversation with my father after the Philly win. He asked me why can’t Dlo play like that end of every game. I told him that he is the best fourth quarter wolf and one of the best in the league. He just wouldn’t believe me.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#37 » by winforlose » Thu Dec 2, 2021 10:19 pm

The lack of bench production in the Wizards game bothered me so I took a look. We are 13th in bench minutes but 22nd in bench scoring. Our bench is 4th in 3PA and 10th in makes. Our bench is 25th in defensive rebounding, and 26th in turnovers. Now we have had a lot of turnover with different starting 5s and Bev missed some time and Dlo missed a few games, MCD missed a few, and some garbage time as well. Some of this will fix itself if Beasley can pull himself together, but the second unit is not exactly doing us any favors at the moment.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:00 pm

winforlose wrote:The lack of bench production in the Wizards game bothered me so I took a look. We are 13th in bench minutes but 22nd in bench scoring. Our bench is 4th in 3PA and 10th in makes. Our bench is 25th in defensive rebounding, and 26th in turnovers. Now we have had a lot of turnover with different starting 5s and Bev missed some time and Dlo missed a few games, MCD missed a few, and some garbage time as well. Some of this will fix itself if Beasley can pull himself together, but the second unit is not exactly doing us any favors at the moment.

I think while we aren't losing terrible value when the bench is on the floor because of Russell's production, Russell also means that he's hoarding the stats that would otherwise go to the bench.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#39 » by winforlose » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:03 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:The lack of bench production in the Wizards game bothered me so I took a look. We are 13th in bench minutes but 22nd in bench scoring. Our bench is 4th in 3PA and 10th in makes. Our bench is 25th in defensive rebounding, and 26th in turnovers. Now we have had a lot of turnover with different starting 5s and Bev missed some time and Dlo missed a few games, MCD missed a few, and some garbage time as well. Some of this will fix itself if Beasley can pull himself together, but the second unit is not exactly doing us any favors at the moment.

I think while we aren't losing terrible value when the bench is on the floor because of Russell's production, Russell also means that he's hoarding the stats that would otherwise go to the bench.

I wish that were true. But, look at shooting percentages for our bench players. Beasley, Prince, and MCD are getting shots, they are just not hitting them. Naz doesn’t get as many minutes this season and typically uses them well, but in that regard you are correct that starters depress bench production.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves