ImageImageImage

Game 38: Thunder @ Timberwolves, 8 pm

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,299

Re: Game 38: Thunder @ Timberwolves, 8 pm 

Post#61 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:15 am

Neeva wrote:Ugly win. For this team to be a real threat next season they really need to get lucky in the lotto (like the cavs seem to do every freaking year) we desperately need Banchero or Chet. Plus sign Jalen Smith for cheap, why not? Wolves also will desperately need a point guard of the future dlo aint it.

You assume we will be in the lotto. I don’t think we will.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#62 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:16 am

Lol @ trading KAT because of this game.

I'm 100% on the trade Beasley. Nowell is better. Only thing Beasley does better is shoot, but he takes so many dumbass shots. Nowell can shoot, but when his shot isn't falling he can drive, pass, moves the ball well
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#63 » by life_saver » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:16 am

Wolves did win but man it was ugly...so many missed open 3's...Beasley 0/8 from field, DLo 3/12 from field, Prince 0/4 from field...all 3 guys have been struggling with shot throughout the year....atleast Nowell had a pretty good game. Ant has quickly become Wolves 2nd most consistent player offensively...something I didn't expect to happen as I had high hopes on DLo offensively.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#64 » by Wolveswin » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:18 am

moss_is_1 wrote:Lol @ trading KAT because of this game.

I'm 100% on the trade Beasley. Nowell is better. Only thing Beasley does better is shoot, but he takes so many dumbass shots. Nowell can shoot, but when his shot isn't falling he can drive, pass, moves the ball well

Of course you don’t trade KAT because of this game. Much deeper than that.

How much are you willing to attach to Beasley to make him not negative and actually make a trade that improves the team?
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#65 » by m2002brian » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:18 am

This game?
Don’t think you’ve been paying attention if you think it’s “this game” that brought the idea forward.

He’s a p*ssy plain and simple who thinks his talents trumps effort and preparation.
BLUEGREENRED
winforlose
General Manager

Post#66 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:18 am

life_saver wrote:Wolves did win but man it was ugly...so many missed open 3's...Beasley 0/8 from field, DLo 3/12 from field, Prince 0/4 from field...all 3 guys have been struggling with shot throughout the year....atleast Nowell had a pretty good game. Ant has quickly become Wolves 2nd most consistent player offensively...something I didn't expect to happen as I had high hopes on DLo offensively.

16 points on 6 shots is insane. Nowell had an amazing game.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#67 » by wolves_89 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:19 am

Beasley/Prince should start being a bit worried about Nowell/Knight taking some or all of their minutes.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 860

Post#68 » by Dalvin » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:19 am

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! A win's a win!
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Gday mate
Sophomore
And1: 262

Post#69 » by Gday mate » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:22 am

What's the market for D-Lo/Beasley? I assume John Wall :-)
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#70 » by King Malta » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:27 am

Beasley's not going anywhere unless he has some kind of uptick in form, who's going to want him at the moment?

Ugly win but they all count. I'm pretty optimistic about our prospects for the rest of the season tbh, we're pushing .500 having suffered significant losses due to COVID, with a team that's played pretty well when fully healthy this season.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#71 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:32 am

winforlose wrote:
Neeva wrote:Ugly win. For this team to be a real threat next season they really need to get lucky in the lotto (like the cavs seem to do every freaking year) we desperately need Banchero or Chet. Plus sign Jalen Smith for cheap, why not? Wolves also will desperately need a point guard of the future dlo aint it.

You assume we will be in the lotto. I don’t think we will.

Play in is still lotto but they will need serious lucky balls.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#72 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:32 am

Gday mate wrote:What's the market for D-Lo/Beasley? I assume John Wall :-)

kemba and Toppin?
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#73 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:33 am

King Malta wrote:Beasley's not going anywhere unless he has some kind of uptick in form, who's going to want him at the moment?

Ugly win but they all count. I'm pretty optimistic about our prospects for the rest of the season tbh, we're pushing .500 having suffered significant losses due to COVID, with a team that's played pretty well when fully healthy this season.

Luckily we only have to put up with Beasley for one more season.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#74 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:46 am

Beasley should gtfo man he is so bad
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
winforlose
General Manager

Post#75 » by winforlose » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:56 am

Beasley is a one trick pony who for whatever reason cannot perform the trick. I honestly don’t see him in the rotation after the trade deadline (assuming we cannot move him.)
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#76 » by thinktank » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:19 am

King Malta wrote:Beasley's not going anywhere unless he has some kind of uptick in form, who's going to want him at the moment?

My thoughts exactly, on all counts.
"a poor addition to the board"
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#77 » by karch34 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:29 am

Pat Bev and Nowell were huge. Nowell has to be our 6th.

Beas had good looks not fall which wasn’t just confined to him, but concerning that he’s got to be a high usage player to be effective as playing with fire.

Ugly win at end as we had multiple times to end it early and didn’t. But will say this and next are kind of a get new rotation figured out and players back up to speed. After OKC think the crucible is coming.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#78 » by shrink » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:31 am

Most people complain about ugly wins - but I embrace them. One of the problems this team has had for a long time is they can’t win ugly. The game gets close, our players freak out, dribble the air out of the ball, miss shots, make turnovers, and send opponents to the foul line. We didn’t use to get ugly wins - if the game turned ugly, we got losses.

I like how, in the last two games, Finch has brought in Patrick Beverley to stop the bleeding, and get people to play hard.

Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to, even if it means an ugly game. That’s what we did tonight.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#79 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:40 am

Wolveswin wrote:

How much are you willing to attach to Beasley to make him not negative and actually make a trade that improves the team?

We aren't trading KAT. I don't like him sometimes either, but he made some key plays down the stretch, mostly on defense. He was rusty shooting the ball but that's to be expected. If we trade him we go into yet another rebuild, it's not happening.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#80 » by Wolveswin » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:44 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

We aren't trading KAT. I don't like him sometimes either, but he made some key plays down the stretch, mostly on defense. He was rusty shooting the ball but that's to be expected. If we trade him we go into yet another rebuild, it's not happening.

That isn’t the only option in trading Towns - going scorched earth.

Towns might be Wolves most valuable asset. He also could be on a ticking clock timeline. He also could not be perfect or even great fit with Edwards. That last point has been debated within many game threads.

Towns is also a center and a non-traditional one at that. Wolves have tried for 7 years building around such a player as Towns.

Add all that up and yes Towns should be trade candidate. Does the mean being shopped or on the block? Probably not. But not untouchable as they say.

Can Towns, arguably Wolves best asset, be used to build a better roster? If the answer is yes, start building. Find a equitable trade and pull the trigger when satisfied.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves