ImageImageImage

Game 48: Timberwolves at Warriors, 9:00 pm CST

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Re: Game 48: Timberwolves at Warriors, 9:00 pm CST 

Post#181 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:31 am

theGreatRC wrote:I will say about Wiggs, I think it's hilarious that he's an all star starter, but i've always liked him during his time here, he was just so inconsistent.

Congrats Wiggs!

I mean i feel bad for him that he will get trolled forever for this.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#182 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:32 am

theGreatRC wrote:Lost by 9, but for some reason i'd love to play this team or Utah in round 1, I think it'd be a dope series..especially us getting Bev & DLO back

We always seem to play well against the Suns as well.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#183 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:33 am

Neeva wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I will say about Wiggs, I think it's hilarious that he's an all star starter, but i've always liked him during his time here, he was just so inconsistent.

Congrats Wiggs!

I doubt he cares, he never really cared about bad press or perception before.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,417

Post#184 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:33 am

Neeva wrote:

Congrats Wiggs!

He is like the loser kid who wins prom royalty as a prank. No merit behind it, and while they are nice to his face everyone is mocking him behind his back.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#185 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:34 am

The good news about tonight we were in it. We got absolutely destroyed at the 3pt line. We got beat on the boards. Wiggins was automatic. Dlo went out in the second half, Ant was gone for 3 quarters, no Beverly, we were still in it. Team is growing, we just aren't there yet. Keep building, keep fighting.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#186 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:38 am

Calinks wrote:The good news about tonight we were in it. We got absolutely destroyed at the 3pt line. We got beat on the boards. Wiggins was automatic. Dlo went out in the second half, Ant was gone for 3 quarters, no Beverly, we were still in it. Team is growing, we just aren't there yet. Keep building, keep fighting.

I cannot stress this enough, we need another consistent scorer. Nowell gave 10 with a bad back and no whistles no matter how much contact he absorbed. Outside of the big 3 plus Nowell we have no consistency. Take one big 3 member away and we are doomed. We need to make 1 or 2 small moves for more shooting and 1 big move for a volume scorer with serious defensive rebounding. Anything less and we are wasting a year of KAT’s prime.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#187 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:40 am

Hopefully the team watches these smooth brains on TNT tonight and use it tomorrow night.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#188 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:42 am

winforlose wrote:
Calinks wrote:The good news about tonight we were in it. We got absolutely destroyed at the 3pt line. We got beat on the boards. Wiggins was automatic. Dlo went out in the second half, Ant was gone for 3 quarters, no Beverly, we were still in it. Team is growing, we just aren't there yet. Keep building, keep fighting.

I cannot stress this enough, we need another consistent scorer. Nowell gave 10 with a bad back and no whistles no matter how much contact he absorbed. Outside of the big 3 plus Nowell we have no consistency. Take one big 3 member away and we are doomed. We need to make 1 or 2 small moves for more shooting and 1 big move for a volume scorer with serious defensive rebounding. Anything less and we are wasting a year of KAT’s prime.

Let’s trade for a big like Randle shooting under 42% from the field!
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#189 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:43 am

Most awesome tonight was VANDOOOOO!!!!!
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#190 » by Nick K » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 am

Absolutely yes to all. Replace Beasley, J Mac, Okogie, and Layman for a sg and a big that can play. We're so close to being a quality team. I'd give up a 1st rd pick next year to get the right guy.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#191 » by Nick K » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:26 am

winforlose wrote:

We sure do. You would think we'd be able to find a SG that could score. A guy similar to Nowell who just needs a chance to shine.

Coach needs to have a new rule that says if you miss 5 3's you can't take another and you need to find another way to score. Unless late in the clock.

Beasley absolutely shot us out of that game and cheated his team mates in the process. At least Ant found other ways to score and then heated up on his shooting. How we were even in that game considering the disparity in 3 pt shooting tells me we're a pretty good team.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#192 » by Dewey » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 am

Bad enough Ant keeps jacking 2-11, but then worse you got Nowell and Beasley 0-13 off the bench from distance as well. Unacceptable and it’s not the first time.

Play like this is nearly team sabotage…
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#193 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm

They don't really tell people to quit shooting 3's anymore, if you're open you need to shoot. Beasley struggled long enough though that his spot in the rotation should be on the line.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#194 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm

theGreatRC wrote:We never have good 3rd quarters...luckily we have pretty damn good 4ths lol..just gotta keep it close

We tie the first quarter and win the 2nd and 4th. Should be a win right??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
winforlose
General Manager

Post#195 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:27 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:We never have good 3rd quarters...luckily we have pretty damn good 4ths lol..just gotta keep it close

We tie the first quarter and win the 2nd and 4th. Should be a win right??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They didn’t have a single player who shot below 50% from 3. We had two who accomplished the same. The first was MCD with a nice 3 of 5. The second was Josh Okogie who went 1 of 1. KAT went 2 of 6, Ant went 2 of 11, Beasley 0 of 8, and Nowell 0 of 5. That means that MCD and Okogie combined at 4 of 6 while KAT, Ant, Beasley, and Nowell went 4 of 30. That we kept it in within single digits is a God Damn miracle.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#196 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Worm Guts wrote:They don't really tell people to quit shooting 3's anymore, if you're open you need to shoot. Beasley struggled long enough though that his spot in the rotation should be on the line.

You don’t tell Beasley to stop shooting 3s, you tell him “Sit your *** on the bench and think about how your utter collapse has hamstrung this team all year. Go the gym and shoot until your arms are numb, then shoot some more.” Or just bench him and keep him on the bench until the deadline. You pick.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#197 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:42 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

They didn’t have a single player who shot below 50% from 3. We had two who accomplished the same. The first was MCD with a nice 3 of 5. The second was Josh Okogie who went 1 of 1. KAT went 2 of 6, Ant went 2 of 11, Beasley 0 of 8, and Nowell 0 of 5. That means that MCD and Okogie combined at 4 of 6 while KAT, Ant, Beasley, and Nowell went 4 of 30. That we kept it in within single digits is a God Damn miracle.

Yes obviously there were reasons we lost. I'm just pointing out that the Warriors only won 1 of the 4 quarters, but still won the game with ease. Based on the 3 point shooting we should have lost by 30-40 points. More evidence of how idiotic having the 3 point shot is. Abolish it.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#198 » by life_saver » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:46 pm

I don't really have any issues with Ant taking 9 3's and going 1-9 on one night...Ant has shown that he can shoot at decent rate from 3 despite shooting at high volume..almost every volume 3 pt shooter will have nights like this (Curry himself has had lot of bad shooting nights like this this season).

Just one of those nights where you can't shoot for **** from 3 and opponent makes crazy number of 3's. Hard to win when there is such a huge descrepancy in 3 point shooting percentages. Still, they were in the game till the end. I do think we need to be bit less aggressive on defense when blitzing or when people are driving. It feels like some of the players are overhelping at times and leaving someone from opposition team with a wide open shot from 3 point line
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,245

Post#199 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:10 pm

Why Andrew Wiggins is an NBA All-Star starter despite not deserving it

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/1/28/22905641/andrew-wiggins-all-star-starter-k-pop-fan-vote-explained
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#200 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:12 pm

life_saver wrote:I don't really have any issues with Ant taking 9 3's and going 1-9 on one night...Ant has shown that he can shoot at decent rate from 3 despite shooting at high volume..almost every volume 3 pt shooter will have nights like this (Curry himself has had lot of bad shooting nights like this this season).

Just one of those nights where you can't shoot for **** from 3 and opponent makes crazy number of 3's. Hard to win when there is such a huge descrepancy in 3 point shooting percentages. Still, they were in the game till the end. I do think we need to be bit less aggressive on defense when blitzing or when people are driving. It feels like some of the players are overhelping at times and leaving someone from opposition team with a wide open shot from 3 point line

The warriors made 11 more 3s than us. That's 33 points. They did it on 8 less shots than us. If they convert 4 of those it's another 8 points. Based on that we should have lost by 41 points. We must have creamed them in everything else to only lose by 9. Abolish the freaking 3 point shot. It makes a mockery of the game.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves