ImageImageImage

Wolves at Kings, 9 pm

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Re: Wolves at Kings, 9 pm 

Post#121 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:26 am

Folklore wrote:Why is Ant in and not on his way to Philly?

Because Simmons is overrated and Ant is not.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#122 » by Neeva » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:27 am

I don’t get the kings fans they got an all star Sabonis and unloaded hield and all they gave were a good roleplayer in Haliburton that might never be an all star like Sabonis.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,326

Post#123 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:28 am

Of course, we go on a 5 game winning streak but all of our competitors is playing eastern conference teams who have been playing like absolute ass in the last few weeks. If we had a 5 game run a few weeks ago we would have jumped like two spots lol.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#124 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:30 am

Neeva wrote:I don’t get the kings fans they got an all star Sabonis and unloaded hield and all they gave were a good roleplayer in Haliburton that might never be an all star like Sabonis.

I mean Haliburton has a lot of potential and is very young but... I do think a lot of Kings fans will feel differently in a month. Sabonis is no joke, if the team flows better, they will get over this. Not saying it was a good trade but I don't think it will be seen as bad by fans as they feel now.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#125 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:33 am

Calinks wrote:Of course, we go on a 5 game winning streak but all of our competitors is playing eastern conference teams who have been playing like absolute ass in the last few weeks. If we had a 5 game run a few weeks ago we would have jumped like two spots lol.

Go look at the wests 1-7.. all besides Denver are on 3+ game winning streaks…Denver’s on a 2 game winning streak.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#126 » by Nick K » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:33 am

winforlose wrote:Oh forgot to mention, JMAC double, double off the bench. If we move him that is the perfect bookend to his Wves career. If not, it is still a very welcome sight on a great night.

I thought he played his way out of the NBA a month ago. The last 6 or 7 games he's been outstanding.

Finch has these guys playing for each other. It's amazing to see. 180 degrees from Thibs.

We still need to beat teams with all their stars healthy.

Long live Finch!!
winforlose
General Manager

Post#127 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:35 am

Neeva wrote:I don’t get the kings fans they got an all star Sabonis and unloaded hield and all they gave were a good roleplayer in Haliburton that might never be an all star like Sabonis.

Hield was a positive asset who could have brought back a first or a pair of seconds. Haliburton is a guy you build around (especially on his rookie deal,) and Thompson probably fetch’s a bit more as an expiring. Sabonis and Holiday is a poor return. Also Sabonis is a poor fit because he isn’t a great 3 point shooter.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#128 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:36 am

Read on Twitter
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#129 » by shrink » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:55 am

The commentator on the left is not amused.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#130 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:05 am

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting top to wear on the air
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#131 » by Basti » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:34 am

theGreatRC wrote:
winforlose wrote:5th straight. Sucks that we didn’t gain any ground on 5 or 6, but at least we got separation on 8 and 9.

Was it 5 games that we just couldn't seem to get in a row, or was it 6?

It is 6 games we can't seem to win in a row. 5 game win streaks have happened several times since Jimmy Butler became a Wolf but I don't think we've seen the Wolves win more than 5 games since actually waaaaaayyyyyyy back in 2004 or so.

Edit: According to this page, it's been a tad over 18 (EIGHTEEN!!!!) years since we last won 6 games in a row. Apparently it happened in December 2003. Let that sink in for a minute. If I was Finch, that's all I'd use for motivation to make this team have its own page in the (very short) book of franchise records. Or even go for the all time Wolves record of 11 straight wins, a mark set in 2001.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/teams/stats/winning_streaks_timberwolves.htm
winforlose
General Manager

Post#132 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:40 am

Basti wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
winforlose wrote:5th straight. Sucks that we didn’t gain any ground on 5 or 6, but at least we got separation on 8 and 9.

It is 6 games we can't seem to win in a row. 5 game win streaks have happened several times since Jimmy Butler became a Wolf but I don't think we've seen the Wolves win more than 5 games since actually waaaaaayyyyyyy back in 2004 or so.

Wanna add even more pressure to tomorrow? The Wolves have not swept a road, road back to back since 2011. To get the 6th they must break an 11 year curse. But fate seems to have handed them the best chance they will get. With Harkless ankle sprain now your talking about an 8 man roster for the Kings with Fox probably out of shape and gassed and missing most of their shooting.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#133 » by Basti » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:42 am

winforlose wrote:
Basti wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:

Wanna add even more pressure to tomorrow? The Wolves have not swept a road, road back to back since 2011. To get the 6th they must break an 11 year curse. But fate seems to have handed them the best chance they will get. With Harkless ankle sprain now your talking about an 8 man roster for the Kings with Fox probably out of shape and gassed and missing most of their shooting.

I reckon the players have already been made aware by others. If I am responsible for that I feel slightly flattered but also surprised someone from the franchise bothers to read my posts :lol:
winforlose
General Manager

Post#134 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:48 am

Basti wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Basti wrote:

I reckon the players have already been made aware by others. If I am responsible for that I feel slightly flattered but also surprised someone from the franchise bothers to read my posts :lol:

Lol, I meant in the metaphysical jinx sense of add more pressure, but I assure if Benz didn’t tell them, Twitter did ;) ;) ;)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#135 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:30 pm

We've won 9 of 12, with two of the losses on the road to the best two teams in the league.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#136 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:44 pm

Klomp wrote:We've won 9 of 12, with two of the losses on the road to the best two teams in the league.

Since the new year we are 13 of 18 and unbeaten at home.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 9, 2022 8:49 pm

winforlose wrote:True, but I am worried about Ant. I think his bad stretch is because of his knee. I would start Beasley and only play Ant if we need him. We simply must do everything we can to get him healthy. We will need him down the stretch.

Keep in mind that we have one more week until the all-star break. Yeah, Ant will be there for the festivities so it's not a complete rest, but it's still 8 days between games that matter. He'll get his rest.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#138 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 9, 2022 8:56 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:True, but I am worried about Ant. I think his bad stretch is because of his knee. I would start Beasley and only play Ant if we need him. We simply must do everything we can to get him healthy. We will need him down the stretch.

Keep in mind that we have one more week until the all-star break. Yeah, Ant will be there for the festivities so it's not a complete rest, but it's still 8 days between games that matter. He'll get his rest.

He should skip the RSG, we need him as close to healthy as he can possibly get. He should be an All Star or at least an injury replacement, he has nothing to prove and everything to lose by further aggravating his knee.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 9, 2022 9:18 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:

He should skip the RSG, we need him as close to healthy as he can possibly get. He should be an All Star or at least an injury replacement, he has nothing to prove and everything to lose by further aggravating his knee.

All-star weekend is not about proving anything. It's about being rewarded for your success. He's earned it.

fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#140 » by fattymcgee » Wed Feb 9, 2022 9:23 pm

Since we are playing @ the Kings again, do someone need to make a new game thread or just continue on this one?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves