winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,332

Re: Wolves at Thunder 3/4/22 

Post#41 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 5, 2022 3:51 am

Nick K wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Nick K wrote:
I think we can get that pf/c and keep Prince. No way Prince gets what he's making now. He'll sign here for less.

We do have the full mid-level. And Okogie, Layman won't be back. Prince plays SF/PF right now. He plays like a veteran and can shoot. That's good enough for me.

I agree we need another big no doubt.

Where in the rotation would he fit?

Bev, Dlo, Ant, V8, KAT
JMAC, Nowell, MCD, true PF, true C.

Prince is a SF and that is our deepest position with V8 being a natural SF in our system (because he can guard the SF and his length is disruptive.)

He fits in exactly where he fits in right now. He's earned his wings here with really good play over the last 6 weeks. I know Finch loves him and the guys do too from what I hear.

If we do that then even with a true C we still play small ball in the second line which means rebounding problems and trouble running high wall in the second unit. I just don’t think that is best. Prince has shown great value and we own his bird rights. Better to sell high than to risk a regression or stay small.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,948

Post#42 » by Nick K » Sat Mar 5, 2022 4:00 am

winforlose wrote:
Nick K wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Where in the rotation would he fit?

Bev, Dlo, Ant, V8, KAT
JMAC, Nowell, MCD, true PF, true C.

Prince is a SF and that is our deepest position with V8 being a natural SF in our system (because he can guard the SF and his length is disruptive.)

He fits in exactly where he fits in right now. He's earned his wings here with really good play over the last 6 weeks. I know Finch loves him and the guys do too from what I hear.

If we do that then even with a true C we still play small ball in the second line which means rebounding problems and trouble running high wall in the second unit. I just don’t think that is best. Prince has shown great value and we own his bird rights. Better to sell high than to risk a regression or stay small.

You might be right. But keeping him for reasonable is something I see real value in.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,801

Post#43 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 5, 2022 4:44 am

Nick K wrote:I won my Wolves OVER bet!!!! In early March too. I never ever bet on the Wolves but I knew this would be the year. Beers are on me! :)

Gratz :D
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,518

Post#44 » by shrink » Sat Mar 5, 2022 7:55 pm

Calinks wrote:
Nick K wrote:How bout Prince?! Has he ever come around over the last 6 weeks. Now I want to re-sign him at the right price of course.

It's like we traded Tauren Pauper for Tauren Prince in early 2022.

This is so bad, it’s good. I admire the courage to post it.

BTW, send that to Dave Benz - you know it’s bad enough that he would repeat it on the air!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,518

Post#45 » by shrink » Sat Mar 5, 2022 8:01 pm

Fun game to watch, particularly allowing the bench to show off a little. Before we get enamored with them, keep in mind that several of our opponents have been been forced to start some of their regular bench players, which means our bench might be playing some of their #11-13 guys. This won’t happen in the playoffs, when rotations shrink.

I would also add that while I would love to keep Prince for his game and his adult influence on the team, I think it’s unlikely. I think there will be a strong attempt to add size to the roster, which likely means Vando comes off the bench. Perhaps Prince is worth $8 mil to some team, but we can’t afford to give that much to a ninth or tenth man. I imagine we offer two years, maybe at $4-5 each, and it’s likely declined.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves