No
40%

Total votes: 10

Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,685

Re: Game 72 : Timberwolves @ Mavericks, 7:30 pm CST 

Post#101 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:10 pm

Domejandro wrote:Guys, I actually feel nervous about this game. I'm as anxious/excited as a little kid. :lol:

It felt like a playoff game, or that final regular seasons game vs Nuggets in 2018. Just maximum nerves and butterflies in my stomach watching this. Must been same for our players because they missed tons of layups.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,685

Post#102 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:31 pm

Double post.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,113

Post#103 » by m2002brian » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:51 pm

As much as it sucks to lose. This is exactly the kind of game they needed. A tough, hard fought, gritty game against a fully healthy and clutch team like the Mavs.

This will be for the best. We now know if we just play our game and execute, we can compete with anyone even if they are fully heathy and hitting their shots.
BLUEGREENRED
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,800

Post#104 » by KGdaBom » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am

Calinks wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Calinks wrote:Teams that are really good at execution seem to be our Achilles heel. Our defense is largely reliant on teams making silly mistakes. The Suns have been one of the best teams when it comes to playing under control so I don't think that game will bode well. Will be a huge win if we take it though.

That doesn't bode well for the playoffs either

It doesn't and worries me. It's why I initial didn't think we could win a series. I do feel we have made some strides though. I'm still not confident we could beat any of the top 6 seeds, I think we could likely get a couple of games but if we take another step mentally, I think we could. Right now though I expect us to collapse under the pressure.

It's about more than just being good, you have to be really disciplined and I still see red flags there for us.

This Wolves team doesn't collapse under pressure. They proved that to me last night even in the loss.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#105 » by Folklore » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:56 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Note30 wrote:
That doesn't bode well for the playoffs either

It doesn't and worries me. It's why I initial didn't think we could win a series. I do feel we have made some strides though. I'm still not confident we could beat any of the top 6 seeds, I think we could likely get a couple of games but if we take another step mentally, I think we could. Right now though I expect us to collapse under the pressure.

It's about more than just being good, you have to be really disciplined and I still see red flags there for us.

This Wolves team doesn't collapse under pressure. They proved that to me last night even in the loss.

I saw it as Prince, DLo and AE can't be trusted. Towns and Pat didn't give up. The look on DLo's face when pat threw the ball at the line was funny cause he had already given up. The game would have been ours if DLo and Prince didn't make so many bone-headed plays.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,185

Post#106 » by Neeva » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:50 am

Basically we need Jaden back asap so Prince plays less.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,808

Post#107 » by life_saver » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:02 am

These are the kind of plays on defense that I am not a fan of...it wasn't a wise decision to overhelp on Luka here. He has the ability to find the open shooter. It's not just Pat Bev but various Wolves players tend to do this quite often every match. It becomes costly when you go up against guys like Luka who are excellent passers and can find the open shooter even if the defense collapses on him

Read on Twitter
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#108 » by minimus » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:40 am

life_saver wrote:These are the kind of plays on defense that I am not a fan of...it wasn't a wise decision to overhelp on Luka here. He has the ability to find the open shooter. It's not just Pat Bev but various Wolves players tend to do this quite often every match. It becomes costly when you go up against guys like Luka who are excellent passers and can find the open shooter even if the defense collapses on him

Read on Twitter

Yeah. Not overreacting = trusting teammate is the next big step for our defense

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves