ImageImageImage

Play-In Tournament: Clippers at Timberwolves, April 12th, 8:30PM CST on TNT

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Re: Play-In Tournament: Clippers at Timberwolves, April 12th, 8:30PM CST on TNT 

Post#401 » by shrink » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:58 pm

I thought this was awesome

Backcountry wrote:This is currently on Beverley's Wikipedia page (bold is mine):

"Patrick Beverley (born July 12, 1988) is an American professional basketball player for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Arkansas Razorbacks before spending 3 and a half seasons overseas in Ukraine, Greece, and Russia. In January 2013, he joined the Houston Rockets. In June 2017, he was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers. After the Clippers traded him to Memphis, who traded him to the Winnesota Timberwolves, Beverley became the owner of the Clippers on April 12th, 2022."

I wonder if he made the changes himself?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#402 » by KGdaBom » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:13 pm

shrink wrote:I thought this was awesome

Backcountry wrote:This is currently on Beverley's Wikipedia page (bold is mine):

"Patrick Beverley (born July 12, 1988) is an American professional basketball player for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Arkansas Razorbacks before spending 3 and a half seasons overseas in Ukraine, Greece, and Russia. In January 2013, he joined the Houston Rockets. In June 2017, he was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers. After the Clippers traded him to Memphis, who traded him to the Winnesota Timberwolves, Beverley became the owner of the Clippers on April 12th, 2022."

I'm guessing that has been changed already, but I love it.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#403 » by karch34 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:22 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:The weirdest team ever... We saw bad stretches of games from Ant at the beginning of the season and around ASG, cold stretch from DLo at the end of the season, now the worst game of the season from Towns. But we win!

When you only rely on one player, your team folds when that player struggles. When you're built around multiple great players, they can pick each other up when there's a bad game.

Very true. And I think the Clips game plan was, “if we stop KAT, we stop the Wolves!”

That may have been true for the last five seasons, but it’s not true any more.

I think that might make it harder to game plan against us since that was true for a long time and a lot of the year.

It is a weird team for sure. I think maybe that's the growing pains since progress isn't always linear on a game to game basis.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#404 » by shrink » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:13 am

With the win, our picks will be:

#18 or #19 (coin flip with CHI)

#40 (from WAS]
#49 (from MIN)
#51 (from DEN)

HOU has a top pick, #17, and no 2nds. Depending on how both teams feel about the draft, maybe send them a 2nd to move up 1?

Ditto for CHI, if we lose the coin flip - they have no 2nds too.

But if course, this is impossible to predict now. It would be on draft night, how each team feels about who’s left on the board
srotpaR
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#405 » by srotpaR » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:53 am

Raptor fan here, I come in peace. I just wanted to say that I'm very happy for your team. Ill for sure be cheering you guys on, I hope this is the beginning of an eventual championship run for you in the near future. It's a little sad to see prominent media members cracking on you like that as if they've never celebrated a victory in their lives. Regardless of how big that victory was, you accomplished a major goal and you should be proud.
Dominater wrote:
Smithers wrote:Umm...Lebron James plays for the Miami Heat...

You tryin to give everybody new sigs?
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,762

Post#407 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:34 am

The lack of respect from the national media is to be expected in this market. I’m proud of this team. I’m proud of their accomplishments. We deserve better than the disgraceful coverage by the TNT crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#408 » by King Malta » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:01 am

Man, wasn't that incredible. This team is such an absolute joy, they feel so connected on a level that we haven't seen before, even on those rare occasions when we've had teams that are 'good', or the one time we had a team that was 'very good'. The way the entire team stepped up when the Clips did such a good job of eliminating KAT was inspirational.

I've supported this team since roughly the late 90s, and outside of the KG years (and even some of those were a bit tough) it's been year after year of pain and letdowns. Not just on the court either; the deaths of Malik and Flip were incredible tragedies that not many other fanbases have suffered. It's generally been an absolute slog at times, but I've never regretted my choice or given up on the team, despite the fact that they've largely been awful for my entire fandom and that they're located half a world away. I've spent thousands of dollars to fly that half a world distance just to see them play, and be treated incredibly well by the employees of the club and the locals of the state; Minnesota is a beautiful place full of lovely people.

Those criticizing the celebrations and emotions on display have no understanding of what professional sport is all about as far as I'm concerned. Sport is all about moments and feelings, enjoying the highs where you can (whatever they may be), and in turn suffering through the lows while you wait for another high. As I've mentioned above, this team and it's fans have suffered through a lot of lows, on and off the court. As JJ Reddick said in the video that shrink shared, this clearly mattered to the players and it mattered to the fans. Nobody should be denigrated for living in the moment and enjoying themselves after achieving something which has historically been so rare for this fanbase. Not only that, but this team was given absolutely no chance of achieving this result, and once they did, they had to play what was effectively a game 7 to ensure that they got to hold onto it...and they won!

We know better than almost any other fanbase that every bit of happiness and joy is potentially fleeting, so enjoy it guys! I have a good feeling that this won't be the last Timberwolves achievement we celebrate over the next few years, but let's enjoy every single one of them!
Backcountry
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,588

Post#409 » by Backcountry » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:24 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:I thought this was awesome

I'm guessing that has been changed already, but I love it.

Yeah, it was changed back when I checked later in the afternoon, but if you access the "View History" tab on the top right of the page, you can find the link to the original edit.
When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#410 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:31 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:The lack of respect from the national media is to be expected in this market. I’m proud of this team. I’m proud of their accomplishments. We deserve better than the disgraceful coverage by the TNT crew.

Thankfully Dave and Jim are back for the first round.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Isegrim
Ballboy
And1: 59

Post#411 » by Isegrim » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:39 pm

The whole situation turned out strangely lucky for us.

Surviving this do-or-die-situation, especially in the way this game went - is such a huge experience for the young Players. Essentially it's like a won mini-series...

It's weird, but we can be happy, that we didn't catch the Nuggets...
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#412 » by Macwolf527 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:40 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:The lack of respect from the national media is to be expected in this market. I’m proud of this team. I’m proud of their accomplishments. We deserve better than the disgraceful coverage by the TNT crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current NBA players don't even respect the TNT crew. They are there to create controversy and offer very little in legitimate evaluation of the game and it's player. For them to downplay the emotions of this team, shows a total disconnect from what this organization has had to endure over the last few years.

1. Flip's passing
2. Butler Gate
3. Coaching changes
4. Beasley's legal battle
5. Players finally finding a place to belong (Russell, Beverly, Prince)
6. COVID-19 and the personal losses it brought
7. Doubling your win total from 23 to 46.
8. Sticking it to your former team who didn't think your value was justified (Beverly-Clippers)

To minimize the emotions felt by this team and it's fans, was a low for NBA on TNT.

P.S. Did they say anything about the Pelicans celebrating last night. Oh!? They're not in the playoffs yet, just made it to the 2nd play-in game.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#413 » by Basti » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:33 pm

King Malta wrote:
Spoiler:
Man, wasn't that incredible. This team is such an absolute joy, they feel so connected on a level that we haven't seen before, even on those rare occasions when we've had teams that are 'good', or the one time we had a team that was 'very good'. The way the entire team stepped up when the Clips did such a good job of eliminating KAT was inspirational.

I've supported this team since roughly the late 90s, and outside of the KG years (and even some of those were a bit tough) it's been year after year of pain and letdowns. Not just on the court either; the deaths of Malik and Flip were incredible tragedies that not many other fanbases have suffered. It's generally been an absolute slog at times, but I've never regretted my choice or given up on the team, despite the fact that they've largely been awful for my entire fandom and that they're located half a world away. I've spent thousands of dollars to fly that half a world distance just to see them play, and be treated incredibly well by the employees of the club and the locals of the state; Minnesota is a beautiful place full of lovely people.

Those criticizing the celebrations and emotions on display have no understanding of what professional sport is all about as far as I'm concerned. Sport is all about moments and feelings, enjoying the highs where you can (whatever they may be), and in turn suffering through the lows while you wait for another high. As I've mentioned above, this team and it's fans have suffered through a lot of lows, on and off the court. As JJ Reddick said in the video that shrink shared, this clearly mattered to the players and it mattered to the fans. Nobody should be denigrated for living in the moment and enjoying themselves after achieving something which has historically been so rare for this fanbase. Not only that, but this team was given absolutely no chance of achieving this result, and once they did, they had to play what was effectively a game 7 to ensure that they got to hold onto it...and they won!

We know better than almost any other fanbase that every bit of happiness and joy is potentially fleeting, so enjoy it guys! I have a good feeling that this won't be the last Timberwolves achievement we celebrate over the next few years, but let's enjoy every single one of them!

AMEN!!!

How much I would give right now to fly out to Minneapolis and attend a game in the playoffs.

And as you say, this team feels different. I only started to follow the Wolves properly after 2004 but 2018 certainly didn't feel as good as this year.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#414 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Isegrim wrote:The whole situation turned out strangely lucky for us.

Surviving this do-or-die-situation, especially in the way this game went - is such a huge experience for the young Players. Essentially it's like a won mini-series...

It's weird, but we can be happy, that we didn't catch the Nuggets...

Ehh…good experience but it wasn’t do or die(yet) and the nuggs might get a curryless GS for a few games….then curry has to shake off rust

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves