Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Re: ***The Trade Karl-Anthony Towns Thread*** 

Post#81 » by floppymoose » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:03 am

Worm Guts wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I think the best time to trade him would have been back when he was asking for DLo. But since that ship has sailed, sooner is better than later. I don't know what teams are interested and what they would offer, but I like youth, picks, and vets who play D (I thought Beverley was a really good pickup). Keep surrounding Ant with the right culture.

I think Rosas wanted Russell as much as Towns. I think suggesting Towns forced their hand is really accurate.

You would know better than I. I wouldn't be surprised if the problems started at the top, the same way they did in GS for 20ish years. Does Minny have new ownership? Is there a chance there will be big changes at the top of the org?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#82 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:04 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I think the best time to trade him would have been back when he was asking for DLo. But since that ship has sailed, sooner is better than later. I don't know what teams are interested and what they would offer, but I like youth, picks, and vets who play D (I thought Beverley was a really good pickup). Keep surrounding Ant with the right culture.

I think Rosas wanted Russell as much as Towns. I think suggesting Towns forced their hand is really accurate.

You would know better than I. I wouldn't be surprised if the problems started at the top, the same way they did in GS for 20ish years. Does Minny have new ownership? Is there a chance there will be big changes at the top of the org?

Rosas isn't even here anymore. Of course, his moves did drastically improve the Wolves, so I guess it's debatable whether that is a good thing.
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#83 » by Grubie024 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:53 pm

I know holding our sports players and owners accountable and demanding improvement is considered a sin in minnesota, but get Towns out of here NOW.
If he played like this (legendarily terrible) but had a good attitude, it's one thing, but his mentality is unacceptable and clearly won't change.
TRADE HIM. We don't need him.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#84 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:07 pm

How are you going to fix KAT moving forward???
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#85 » by Grubie024 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:12 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:How are you going to fix KAT moving forward???

The problem is in his head and heart. Only he can fix it and he's had so many opportunities to do so or reassure us that he'll move in the right direction - that's never taken place.

Furthermore... imagine the team transitioning to Ant as our leader. Knowing KAT, does this seem like it would end well?
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#86 » by Folklore » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Grubie024 wrote:

The problem is in his head and heart. Only he can fix it and he's had so many opportunities to do so or reassure us that he'll move in the right direction - that's never taken place.

Furthermore... imagine the team transitioning to Ant as our leader. Knowing KAT, does this seem like it would end well?

I must have missed something. Ant must have had an incredible game when Kat didn't. I'd trade everyone on the team for the right players.I'd even toss Finch in for not benching DLo for shooting 3s when we needed smart plays.

KAT WILL NEVER CHANGE. He has his father, and a hot girlfriend watching his games and he still acts like a spoiled confused teenaged girl when he makes dumb mistakes. If those two cant make him man-up then this is who he is and always will be. But maybe he just needs his hand puppet Karlito back to help him out. And that's another thing.... the guy needs an imaginary friend to help him play better...
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#87 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:37 pm

Grubie024 wrote:

I don't necessarily see that as problem. Depends on how it happens I guess, but if Ant establishes himself as the best player on the team, it would seem to be a natural progression. If we try to force Ant to be the team leader, I think that could be a problem.
Araxen
Junior
And1: 91

Post#88 » by Araxen » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Folklore wrote:
Grubie024 wrote:

I must have missed something. Ant must have had an incredible game when Kat didn't. I'd trade everyone on the team for the right players.I'd even toss Finch in for not benching DLo for shooting 3s when we needed smart plays.

KAT WILL NEVER CHANGE. He has his father, and a hot girlfriend watching his games and he still acts like a spoiled confused teenaged girl when he makes dumb mistakes. If those two cant make him man-up then this is who he is and always will be. But maybe he just needs his hand puppet Karlito back to help him out. And that's another thing.... the guy needs an imaginary friend to help him play better...

Would this KAT issue be around if KG was part of this franchise in some way? I don't mean as a player, but just someone that would help the team out in non-game role. I would have to think KG would have given him a piece of his mind and tell him to grow the F up. It seems like there is no one in the FO that has the balls to tell this to KAT.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#89 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:48 pm

Say we make him available. What teams would even be interested?

Chicago? Vucevic, Williams, 1sts? Maybe Ayo.

I'd love to get a haul for him. Problem is people are seeing what we are as well.

Hopefully Ant takes this offseason and really improves his handle, ability to draw fouls, and comes on like a star next year. I'm sick of seeing Towns on this team. His attitude is sickening.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#90 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:24 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:Say we make him available. What teams would even be interested?

I'd love to get a haul for him. Problem is people are seeing what we are as well.

Hopefully Ant takes this offseason and really improves his handle, ability to draw fouls, and comes on like a star next year. I'm sick of seeing Towns on this team. His attitude is sickening.

I think we can get an okay haul for him. Obviously not a king's ransom, but I think we could get a decent guard and big for him with some picks.

There's quite a few teams that could use him.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#91 » by m2002brian » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:28 pm

I’ve been pushing for Ingram and JV, multiple firsts.
Kat and Zion would be a great inside outside twin towers,

Ingram can hit shots, create. And he’s just so smooth. Still 24. JV has great presence, tough as nails, has shown he can start on a playoff team. Plus many firsts to come. Zion will get hurt and KAT will fail to get them anywhere once Zion goes down.
BLUEGREENRED
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,192

Post#92 » by Neeva » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:31 pm

Arrogant teams will think they can change him and that the Wolves organization is inferior at developing their talent i.e like how the warriors organization transformed Wiggins into an all star starter lol
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#93 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:46 pm

m2002brian wrote:

Ingram can hit shots, create. And he’s just so smooth. Still 24. JV has great presence, tough as nails, has shown he can start on a playoff team. Plus many firsts to come. Zion will get hurt and KAT will fail to get them anywhere once Zion goes down.

I'd take that in a heart beat.

Ant, McDaniels, Ingram?? Oof talk about versatility
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#94 » by m2002brian » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:13 pm

Talk about win/win.

Their algorithm calculates exactly 0 wins for each team.
BLUEGREENRED
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#95 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:33 pm

Araxen wrote:
Folklore wrote:
Grubie024 wrote:The problem is in his head and heart. Only he can fix it and he's had so many opportunities to do so or reassure us that he'll move in the right direction - that's never taken place.

Would this KAT issue be around if KG was part of this franchise in some way? I don't mean as a player, but just someone that would help the team out in non-game role. I would have to think KG would have given him a piece of his mind and tell him to grow the F up. It seems like there is no one in the FO that has the balls to tell this to KAT.

He had Jimmy and thibs on the team already
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#96 » by m2002brian » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:34 pm

And that’s why Jimmy is gone.
BLUEGREENRED
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#97 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:41 pm

Possessing a weak mentality with no emotional restraint is a recipe for disaster. Get ready for a plethora of KAT for Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody-type trade offers.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#98 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:47 pm

The whole thing is sad. Yes we needed to trade him, but the time for a real return has expired.
Araxen
Junior
And1: 91

Post#99 » by Araxen » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:59 pm

guest81 wrote:
Araxen wrote:
Folklore wrote:

He had Jimmy and thibs on the team already

Jimmy isn't even close to KG's level. KG is the Timberwolves. It's a world of difference if it's coming from KG.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,895

Post#100 » by whatisacenter » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:40 pm

m2002brian wrote:

why would NO want to trade Ingram and why would the Pelicans be the team adding FRPs? He would be the best player in that trade.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves