Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,193

Re: The Official Wolves vs Grizzlies Game 5 Thread 

Post#381 » by Neeva » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:55 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Neeva wrote:
life_saver wrote:I will say one thing...it might not be the worst thing to happen for Wolves future if Wolves lose this series and DLo had a stinker of a series.

If dlo continues to suck, it’s simple offer him a lowball offer (what he is really worth) and if he balks let him walk.

Yep. If we max this guy at 35 million a year+ for 5 years, then we just wasted kats prime and ants start.

I pray dlo can live off of 100,000,000 over 5 years. It’ll be tough. I don’t think the market will be there unless some scrub team opens the wallet.

If dlo walks we will be okay with Bev and jmac and bring back Tyus? Then use the rest of dlo’s money on improvements over Vando, Reid and Prince.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,320

Post#382 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:56 am

life_saver wrote:
Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,837

Post#383 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:56 am

Yeah...giving DLo a max will handcuff the future. Wolves fans already have experience with Wiggins on how 1 bad contract can totally mess up a team's flexibility. If DLo isn't willing to take an offer less than max, then I would rather let him walk free than give him a max.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#384 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:57 am

We’re winning game 6. Convincingly. I’m over game 5 loss. This BS is going 7.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#385 » by m2002brian » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:58 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Neeva wrote:
life_saver wrote:I will say one thing...it might not be the worst thing to happen for Wolves future if Wolves lose this series and DLo had a stinker of a series.

If dlo continues to suck, it’s simple offer him a lowball offer (what he is really worth) and if he balks let him walk.

Yep. If we max this guy at 35 million a year+ for 5 years, then we just wasted kats prime and ants start.

I pray dlo can live off of 100,000,000 over 5 years. It’ll be tough. I don’t think the market will be there unless some scrub team opens the wallet.

Hell, give me a 5% finders fee and I’ll find someone who can run an offense and play defense, make a post entry pass and hit an open shot, and run PnR. All for less than 20mil/yr. Not named DLO.
BLUEGREENRED
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#386 » by younggunsmn » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:58 am

We should have won this game by 25 points, it should have been a 40 point deficit after 3 quarters with how hot we were shooting and how Memphis was missing everything outside of 10 feet (Brooks 3-18) and from the line. Sad because we finally got some really solid bench contributions.

But I've never seen so many incredibly stupid turnovers. I've never been so incredibly frustrated by a player as a fan as I am by KAT.
So uniquely, extremely talented. So many boneheaded mistakes and turnovers. Tonight he got a traveling call after trying some ridiculus globetrotter crap between the legs, lost an easy rebound trying to steal it from his teammate, dribbled it off his heel with the game on the line, shot a 30+ footer without a single teammate near the basket, and threw several ridiculus passes straight into the crowd. Puts his head down from the perimeter and dribbles into 2 and 3 defenders over and over. Can I get that play deleted from the offense please?

And Russell, my word, we would have won this game by 20 points if he had just missed the plane. He kills us on both ends of the floor, he's just utterly useless defensively. We hide him on a lesser option which means he's gonna be the guy who needs to rotate, and he's just utterly and completely useless at that. He's 6'5 and he plays like he's 5'6. Please upgrade him in the offseason. I'd take Tyus Jones over him I'm that ready to be done with the D-Lo experiment. Did we even run a play the last 6 minutes other than ISO hero ball? Ant getting in foul trouble was a big blow because he was less aggressive going to the basket.

Memphis is just KILLING us at 2 things:
1. Transition defense. Theirs is damn near impenetrable. Ours is trash. They got a layup off a made 3 at one point.
2. BOXING OUT. Clarke had 9 offensive rebounds, he was planting himself within 5-8 feet of the basket, in the middle of the lane, every single time a shot went up and we offered no resistance. Yes we run a scrambling type defense, but these guys do way too much ballwatching when a shot goes up. Put a damn body on someone.

Memphis stole this one. This is a game they should have lost. We would be off to the next round if our team BBIQ wasn't so damn terrible, and with this low of a BBIQ we would be a 20 win team without the overabundance of god given talent.
This would be the year to make a deep run. Even making the playoffs becomes tougher next year with the Clips, Lakers, and Pels getting their superstars healthy. This team needs to grow up. DLO and KAT way too many years in the league to be making this many really stupid mistakes and playing outside the structure of the offense so often.

And the way these games are officiated makes the product about as legitimate as pro wrestling. Ja slips for obvious travel and gets free throws. Shoves Beverly out of bounds no call. They were missing calls left and right tonight, but things didn't get one sided until the 4th quarter. Sometimes I question how much Superstars are created by the referees in this league bailing out their bad plays.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#387 » by Neeva » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:59 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:We’re winning game 6. Convincingly. I’m over game 5 loss. This BS is going 7.

Yep those memphis fans will be in tears on May 1st.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#388 » by WolfAddict » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:00 am

Calinks wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:We've been "learning" from losses for a long time now... I'd like to start learning by winning some games instead... Crazy talk, I know.

That's what we have done for the last 9 months. We took a huge leap this year man.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from brother, I really can.

But you can't deny that blowing leads like we have in this series is just demoralising - for us as fans, and for the players I assume
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#389 » by KGdaBom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 am

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

According to the Box score he got 9.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#390 » by younggunsmn » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 am

life_saver wrote:Yeah...giving DLo a max will handcuff the future. Wolves fans already have experience with Wiggins on how 1 bad contract can totally mess up a team's flexibility. If DLo isn't willing to take an offer less than max, then I would rather let him walk free than give him a max.

I don't want him back for the vet minimum. I hope the new POBO can find a trade partner.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#391 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 am

I wouldn’t be opposed to see okogie be dusted off and used in ja during the game for a few minute stretches. Can’t stick him in as a cold body on Ja on the last play…but if he’s been in the flow, he’d be a good option to guard him, and he’d be fresher than ant
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#392 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:We’re winning game 6. Convincingly. I’m over game 5 loss. This BS is going 7.

I'm thinking its seven games too. I'm really interested to see if Towns can keep this up, he got into foul trouble today but he didn't play himself out of the game. It will be really encouraging if he continues to get better as the games go on.

We have to stop complaining though, I saw two guys complaining after a play and Memphis scored in transition, that is the game right there.

If the wolves play a smart, controlled game and multiple people show up, I think we win every time against Memphis, we are just really bad at playing a smart controlled game. Too many fouls, turnovers, etc.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#393 » by Neeva » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 am

Even if wolves win this series dlo still has to go if he doesn’t accept like a 3/35-40 contract. He is useless in the playoffs. We lost that trade we gave the warriors Kuminga for nothing oh well, **** Rosas.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#394 » by KGdaBom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 am

WolfAddict wrote:We've been "learning" from losses for a long time now... I'd like to start learning by winning some games instead... Crazy talk, I know.

Absolutely. I don't want to hear any positive talk about a losing game. :banghead:
SuperCoolBeas8
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#395 » by SuperCoolBeas8 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:03 am

Why do some of you even post in here with your negativity? Did you think we were winning the ship this season? Did you even watch a regular season game?

One of the youngest rosters in the league, improved by 23 wins, we’ve played a hell of a series. If we lose Friday, we lose. As long as Ant’s knee isn’t Brandon Roy like, we’re contenders for the next 5 years.

Cheers fellas! The window is now open! 18 years of nonsense. Soak it all in!
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,837

Post#396 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:03 am

Late game execution also needs to be better tbh..I hate those contested midrange shots DLo takes. It's a low quality shot...Grizzlies went extremely small in last few minutes and they didn't even have JJJ on court..Wolves should have attacked more instead of those iso contested shots.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#397 » by KGdaBom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:04 am

Calinks wrote:
life_saver wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

he got 9, not 7

He meant in the 4th alone, total nightmare.

7 of them in the 4th quarter???
It shouldn't be possible.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#398 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:04 am

WolfAddict wrote:
Calinks wrote:

That's what we have done for the last 9 months. We took a huge leap this year man.

But you can't deny that blowing leads like we have in this series is just demoralising - for us as fans, and for the players I assume

It definitely is. I'm just not as devastated because I am looking at it from the big picture. I also never thought we would be in this position in the first place, I really didn't, so as long as we don't look like jackasses, I feel like I am playing with house money. This is all a big over achievement IMO. I love seeing us scare the daylights out of the number 2 seed.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#399 » by Folklore » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:05 am

younggunsmn wrote:
life_saver wrote:Yeah...giving DLo a max will handcuff the future. Wolves fans already have experience with Wiggins on how 1 bad contract can totally mess up a team's flexibility. If DLo isn't willing to take an offer less than max, then I would rather let him walk free than give him a max.

I don't want him back for the vet minimum. I hope the new POBO can find a trade partner.

The Hawks, Jazz, Lakers, Knicks, Clippers and Nets might be interested.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#400 » by Neeva » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:05 am

Calinks wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
Calinks wrote:That's what we have done for the last 9 months. We took a huge leap this year man.

It definitely is. I'm just not as devastated because I am looking at it from the big picture. I also never thought we would be in this position in the first place, I really didn't, so as long as we don't look like jackasses, I feel like I am playing with house money. This is all a big over achievement IMO. I love seeing us scare the daylights out of the number 2 seed.

They aren’t really a number 2 seed though, everyone knows that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves