Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Re: The Official Wolves vs Grizzlies Game 5 Thread 

Post#401 » by Neeva » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:06 am

Folklore wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
life_saver wrote:Yeah...giving DLo a max will handcuff the future. Wolves fans already have experience with Wiggins on how 1 bad contract can totally mess up a team's flexibility. If DLo isn't willing to take an offer less than max, then I would rather let him walk free than give him a max.

I don't want him back for the vet minimum. I hope the new POBO can find a trade partner.

The Hawks, Jazz, Lakers, Knicks, Clippers and Nets might be interested.

I am sure the lakers would want to dump westbrick on us for dlo lol
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#402 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:06 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:
life_saver wrote:he got 9, not 7

He meant in the 4th alone, total nightmare.

7 of them in the 4th quarter???
It shouldn't be possible.

This has to be the most damning proof to Gupta ever we need some size.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#403 » by shangrila » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:06 am

m2002brian wrote:
life_saver wrote:What a gut wrenching loss...sigh. The defensive rebounding killed the team..18 offensive rebounds for Grizzlies (9 of them for Clarke) is just insane..gave away way too many 2nd chance points..not to mention 22 turnovers.

All that and 3 points from victory.

Let’s upgrade this teams front court size and hands,
Get some high IQ, clutch proven, serviceable vets to fill out the roster. Let’s party.

Ant is Clutch,
KAT has shown he can be.
DLo is bust
Jmac SR clutchish serviceable bench guy
Jmac JR, needs some work
Vando, love the guy, not a long term solution
Prince, meh, we can do better
Beasley, rather have Heild, but the whole year was an off year.
Bev, great energy guy, bench player, not starter
Naz, goodbye
Nowell, meh, gets tunnel vision

Easier said than done, but how about this;

MIN trades; DLo, Malik Beasley
MIN gets; KCP, Kyle Kuzma, Richaun Holmes

SAC gets Beasley (they need shooting) and WAS gets DLo (to make a "Big 3" and appease Beal).

We replace Beasley with KCP, who's the better defender and playoff tested, while Kuzma could give us more rebounding and scoring (plus funny outfits). Holmes comes in as the backup to Towns, an energy big that rebounds and runs the floor (he's got some off court stuff that needs to be addressed but this assumes all of that is above board). We then throw the MLE at a PG, maybe Jones or even Rubio if he's healthy/has any desire to return here. Trade Reid for future pick/s, re-sign Monroe cause apparently he's a nice guy and roll with:

Jones/Rubio, Bev, McLaughlin
Ant, Nowell
McDaniels/KCP
Vando, Kuzma
KAT, Holmes, Monroe
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

The Official Wolves vs Grizzlies Game 5 Thread 

Post#404 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:09 am

life_saver wrote:Late game execution also needs to be better tbh..I hate those contested midrange shots DLo takes. It's a low quality shot...Grizzlies went extremely small in last few minutes and they didn't even have JJJ on court..Wolves should have attacked more instead of those iso contested shots.

We did…PB, ant and prince missed absolute bunnies in the final 5 min

And how did ants 3s not go in? They both spun out!
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#405 » by Folklore » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:09 am

SuperCoolBeas8 wrote:Why do some of you even post in here with your negativity? Did you think we were winning the ship this season? Did you even watch a regular season game?

One of the youngest rosters in the league, improved by 23 wins, we’ve played a hell of a series. If we lose Friday, we lose. As long as Ant’s knee are Brandon Roy like, we’re contenders for the next 5 years.

Cheers fellas! The window is now open! 18 years of nonsense. Soak it all in!

I already called that. I'd trade Ant, Kat, and DLo for better IQ players and picks before their value goes down.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#406 » by KGdaBom » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:09 am

SuperCoolBeas8 wrote:Why do some of you even post in here with your negativity? Did you think we were winning the ship this season? Did you even watch a regular season game?

One of the youngest rosters in the league, improved by 23 wins, we’ve played a hell of a series. If we lose Friday, we lose. As long as Ant’s knee isn’t Brandon Roy like, we’re contenders for the next 5 years.

I'm positive, but you got to call it like it is. Teams shouldn't blow 16 and 11 point leads going into the 4th quarter. Right now I'm not concerned with being contenders in the future. I want to win this series here and now.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#407 » by WolfAddict » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 am

One of the youngest rosters in the league, improved by 23 wins, we’ve played a hell of a series. If we lose Friday, we lose. As long as Ant’s knee isn’t Brandon Roy like, we’re contenders for the next 5 years.

Sorry bro... Should I send my posts to you for approval before posting from now on?

It's a message board brother, they're just opinions.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#408 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:12 am

Folklore wrote:

One of the youngest rosters in the league, improved by 23 wins, we’ve played a hell of a series. If we lose Friday, we lose. As long as Ant’s knee are Brandon Roy like, we’re contenders for the next 5 years.

I already called that. I'd trade Ant, Kat, and DLo for better IQ players and picks before their value goes down.

:banghead: and will be back to being bottom5 in West for another 5+ years atleast
Folklore
Senior

Post#409 » by Folklore » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:12 am

shangrila wrote:
m2002brian wrote:
life_saver wrote:What a gut wrenching loss...sigh. The defensive rebounding killed the team..18 offensive rebounds for Grizzlies (9 of them for Clarke) is just insane..gave away way too many 2nd chance points..not to mention 22 turnovers.

Get some high IQ, clutch proven, serviceable vets to fill out the roster. Let’s party.

Ant is Clutch,
KAT has shown he can be.
DLo is bust
Jmac JR, needs some work
Naz, goodbye

SAC gets Beasley (they need shooting) and WAS gets DLo (to make a "Big 3" and appease Beal).

We replace Beasley with KCP, who's the better defender and playoff tested, while Kuzma could give us more rebounding and scoring (plus funny outfits). Holmes comes in as the backup to Towns, an energy big that rebounds and runs the floor (he's got some off court stuff that needs to be addressed but this assumes all of that is above board). We then throw the MLE at a PG, maybe Jones or even Rubio if he's healthy/has any desire to return here. Trade Reid for future pick/s, re-sign Monroe cause apparently he's a nice guy and roll with:

Ant, Nowell
McDaniels/KCP
Vando, Kuzma
KAT, Holmes, Monroe

We don't even get a starter back? We could get Dame if we give them a pick.
Record Machine
Senior
And1: 455

Post#410 » by Record Machine » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:13 am

Because the way they’re losing has literally never been done in the history of the league. People are right to be frustrated.

The Grizzles are the first team in NBA history to have multiple wins in a single playoff series in which they trailed by double-digits entering the 4th quarter.

The 2020 Heat are the only other team to even accomplish that twice in a single postseason.
Folklore
Senior

Post#411 » by Folklore » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:16 am

life_saver wrote:
Folklore wrote:

:banghead: and will be back to being bottom5 in West for another 5+ years atleast

We aren't going to win with a supermaxed Kat and a glorified JR Smith.I'm saying make smart moves and get some starters here who can make the right plays.
The players we have take away too much from the team and when they give back everything they did wrong gets ignored.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#412 » by m2002brian » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 am

If Kat really wants to win, he’ll need to make some sacrifices.
No more buddy ball.
No more being the center.

Bring in a 12-17/yr PG
Bring in a defensive, lob threat, with actual basketball hands, center.
BLUEGREENRED
Folklore
Senior

Post#413 » by Folklore » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:24 am

m2002brian wrote:If Kat really wants to win, he’ll need to make some sacrifices.
No more buddy ball.
No more being the center.

Bring in a 12-17/yr PG
Bring in a defensive, lob threat, with actual basketball hands, center.

whatever happened to all the memes? i need a clapping one right now because this post is spot on. If we had a PG like Dame he'd tell towns to stfu and get back on def.

A PG like Brunson would be great.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#414 » by shangrila » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:25 am

Folklore wrote:
shangrila wrote:
m2002brian wrote:

Ant is Clutch,
KAT has shown he can be.
DLo is bust
Jmac JR, needs some work
Naz, goodbye

Ant, Nowell
McDaniels/KCP
Vando, Kuzma
KAT, Holmes, Monroe

We don't even get a starter back? We could get Dame if we give them a pick.

...what?

I mean, you can start KCP if you want. That's why I had that / between him and McDaniels.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Post#415 » by younggunsmn » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:26 am

Calinks wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
Calinks wrote:That's what we have done for the last 9 months. We took a huge leap this year man.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from brother, I really can.

But you can't deny that blowing leads like we have in this series is just demoralising - for us as fans, and for the players I assume

It definitely is. I'm just not as devastated because I am looking at it from the big picture. I also never thought we would be in this position in the first place, I really didn't, so as long as we don't look like jackasses, I feel like I am playing with house money. This is all a big over achievement IMO. I love seeing us scare the daylights out of the number 2 seed.

Hate to break it to you, but we are looking exactly like jackasses, blow out game 2, epic meltdown in game 3, and blowing an 11 pt lead heading into the 4th tonight,and with all the awful bonehead plays and turnovers by what are supposed to be our best players.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#416 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:30 am

younggunsmn wrote:
Calinks wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Yeah I can see where you're coming from brother, I really can.

But you can't deny that blowing leads like we have in this series is just demoralising - for us as fans, and for the players I assume

It definitely is. I'm just not as devastated because I am looking at it from the big picture. I also never thought we would be in this position in the first place, I really didn't, so as long as we don't look like jackasses, I feel like I am playing with house money. This is all a big over achievement IMO. I love seeing us scare the daylights out of the number 2 seed.

Hate to break it to you, but we are looking exactly like jackasses, blow out game 2, epic meltdown in game 3, and blowing an 11 pt lead heading into the 4th tonight,and with all the awful bonehead plays and turnovers by what are supposed to be our best players.

I disagree. The only time I felt we looked terrible was game 3 and KAT playing horrendously. Other than that we have looked like a team with talent but one that lacks the experience to get the job done. Nothing wrong with that considering where we are in this rebuild. If we are doing this stuff in year 2 or 3 of our playoff runs then I will feel bad.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#417 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:31 am

These are DLo's points so far in this series - 10, 11, 22, 10 ,12. Just one game where he scored more than 12 points. The concerning thing is he is unable to get to line and his midrange game is off. He is shooting 30% from field (27% from 2) which is absolutely putrid. I was expecting DLo to be inconsistent but not this level of inconsistent
shangrila
RealGM

Post#418 » by shangrila » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:31 am

If I were to play devil's advocate, I'd say that the mistakes are part of the learning process. Even for guys like KAT and DLo, playoffs are relatively new. And in that sense we're more or less where the Grizzlies were last season, so it should be a good thing.

And honestly, I do think we'll improve in that regard. But we do need to address issues too, namely that DLo is not the answer.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#419 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:32 am

Hope he can learn from this mistake..

Read on Twitter
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#420 » by m2002brian » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:35 am

younggunsmn wrote:
Calinks wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Yeah I can see where you're coming from brother, I really can.

A lot of bone headed stuff.

DLo no excuse. Dumb dumb shots.
KAT, needs to calm the F down and just play his game.
Ant, 20yo, first playoff series, better stats than Kobe’s first FIVE playoff series (points, blocks, steals). Let’s give the young man a break. He like KAT can learn from these games and still have at least one game left this season the apply those lessons.
BLUEGREENRED

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves