ImageImageImage

Krawczynski: Tim Connelly as POBO (Official! page 6)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Re: Krawczynski: Tim Connelly as POBO? 

Post#41 » by shangrila » Sat May 21, 2022 4:51 am

I'd give them some seconds, but ultimately I don't think it's good business to keep people if they can get a significantly better deal elsewhere. That breeds resentment and can paint a pretty bad picture for future hires.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#42 » by shrink » Sat May 21, 2022 12:47 pm

According to the pod, he’s getting a ridiculous offer of eight years, huge salary increase, and an ownership share, and that one front office insider can’t understand why he hasn’t scooped up this no-brainer. However, there is some question whether the new owners can actually scrape together enough coin to become the majority owners, so perhaps this is premature.

I tend to agree with Britt that our locker room seems to have the most camaraderie in years (I guess he would know, since he is there), and I think team chemistry has been vital in keeping bench guys engaged and starters finally willing to commit to defense. I give Finch the bulk of the credit here, and if he wants Gupta, or whatever relationship he has with Gupta, then I don’t want to rock the boat, as it speeds toward Successful Team Island. Continuity isn’t a bad word, especially after seeing how well the team played together last year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#43 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Denver Nuggets president of basketball operations Tim Connelly is traveling to meet with Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor this weekend in the next step in the team's pursuit to hire Connelly and make him one of the NBA's highest-compensated executives, sources told ESPN.

Connelly has discussed the job extensively with Timberwolves minority owners Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez in the past week, and meeting with Taylor is next in the process, sources said.

Lore -- who is poised to take over majority ownership from Taylor in 2023 -- has recruited Connelly and made a case for their partnership together, sources said. Connelly has also remained in regular contact with Nuggets governor Josh Kroenke, sources said, and Minnesota received permission to discuss the job with Connelly.

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 4:54 pm

I wonder if he thought this was their best chance in Denver this past season, due to contract situations. With Jokic, Murray and Porter now set to make $96 million combined (and much higher the year after thanks to the supermax), it's going to be much harder to build on the fringes when your boss is super cheap. Say what you want about our cap sheets, but it's much more balanced out to many players right now and should be until Edwards re-ups in 2024-25. There are plenty of avenues a new POBO can maneuver.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 4:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Don't discount the idea too of weakening a West powerhouse when it seemed they were just hitting their prime.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 4:59 pm

Nuggets President Tim Connelly is set to meet with Timberwolves controlling owner Glen Taylor in the next step of talks with Connelly to take over as Minnesota's President of Basketball Operations, with a deal being close between the sides, sources confirmed.

Read on Twitter

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#49 » by wco81 » Sat May 21, 2022 6:37 pm

Klomp wrote:I wonder if he thought this was their best chance in Denver this past season, due to contract situations. With Jokic, Murray and Porter now set to make $96 million combined (and much higher the year after thanks to the supermax), it's going to be much harder to build on the fringes when your boss is super cheap. Say what you want about our cap sheets, but it's much more balanced out to many players right now and should be until Edwards re-ups in 2024-25. There are plenty of avenues a new POBO can maneuver.

Kronke is one of the richest owner in sports. He spent on the Rams and I think he's spending on Arsenal.

But Denver you would think is more affluent. I guess we'll see what they do after they give Jokic the super Max whether they keep some role players who may command more than the MLE.

Wolves may face similar questions once they give Edwards a big extension, but also probably pay players like Vanderbilt, Reid and some others.

Big decision on DLo, either move him or let him walk.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,762

Post#51 » by Slim Tubby » Sat May 21, 2022 7:23 pm

If we were going to shoot for the moon, I would’ve preferred that they had pursued Masai Ujiri instead. With that said, I know virtually nothing about Connolly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 7:24 pm

wco81 wrote:
Klomp wrote:I wonder if he thought this was their best chance in Denver this past season, due to contract situations. With Jokic, Murray and Porter now set to make $96 million combined (and much higher the year after thanks to the supermax), it's going to be much harder to build on the fringes when your boss is super cheap. Say what you want about our cap sheets, but it's much more balanced out to many players right now and should be until Edwards re-ups in 2024-25. There are plenty of avenues a new POBO can maneuver.

Kronke is one of the richest owner in sports. He spent on the Rams and I think he's spending on Arsenal.

But Denver you would think is more affluent. I guess we'll see what they do after they give Jokic the super Max whether they keep some role players who may command more than the MLE.

Wolves may face similar questions once they give Edwards a big extension, but also probably pay players like Vanderbilt, Reid and some others.

Big decision on DLo, either move him or let him walk.

The luxury tax is at $149 million for 2022-23. Denver currently has $154,991,648 on the books owed to 9 players. It starts now, with Porter's extension kicking in. And I think it's worth mention that Denver has not paid the luxury tax for the past 12 years.

Read on Twitter

Of course Minnesota will likely face similar tax questions down the road, but that's a couple of years away from Edwards' new deal kicking in.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#54 » by Calinks » Sat May 21, 2022 8:39 pm

RIP Sachin Gupta.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#55 » by _AIJ_ » Sat May 21, 2022 9:08 pm

Calinks wrote:RIP Sachin Gupta.

He died? Not a good word to use
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 9:15 pm

This is a really interesting breakdown Denver podcasters did this week. (skip to around 15 minutes in)

Some of his picks might not have worked out, but most of them that didn't were second round picks.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2022 11:17 pm

Klomp wrote:This is a really interesting breakdown Denver podcasters did this week. (skip to around 15 minutes in)

Some of his picks might not have worked out, but most of them that didn't were second round picks.

A few notes:
-He's missed horribly on really only two picks: 2015.1.07 Mudiay and 2017.1.24 Tyler Lydon
-A few really good finds late

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#58 » by Neeva » Sat May 21, 2022 11:56 pm

The deals some of the denver players have gotten recently have been horrendous, this worries me.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#59 » by Calinks » Sun May 22, 2022 12:06 am

Nuggets fans were very pissed when this news broke so I will take it as a good sign.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#60 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun May 22, 2022 12:14 am

What happens to Gupta?

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves