winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,420

Re: Wolves @ Magic 7PM ET | 6PM CT | 4PM PST 

Post#41 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:48 am

HHS43 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
HHS43 wrote:
As long as teams like tanking Orlando are on the schedule with 3 starters out to boot!! Arooooo

You play the schedule you are given. Every team benefits from missing players. No one apologized when Gobert was out with Covid. You know this as well as anyone.

Weeeeell Mitchell & Allen out the other day, 50 pts and 16 boards out of the line up tonight. Meh prolly 2 loses instead on Ws

Again, Garland doesn’t get the 51 and that probably evens out. You also don’t know how Mitchell and Allen play that night. How many games have teams won this season where you could say if only the opponents were 100% healthy. You play the opponent on your schedule and the roster that they put out. It is what it is.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#42 » by Domejandro » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:00 am

I waited before pulling the trigger, but I'm confident enough with that being a troll account to get rid of it.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#43 » by Murphs56 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:03 am

I agree with the posts on this. It's absolutely bizarre that KAT finds Gobert with ease and Russell and Ant look like they'd rather do anything else than pass to Gobert.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,420

Post#44 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:32 am

Murphs56 wrote:I agree with the posts on this. It's absolutely bizarre that KAT finds Gobert with ease and Russell and Ant look like they'd rather do anything else than pass to Gobert.

KAT wants to find Gobert. He legitimately wants to make Rudy shine. Dlo wants to find himself and only himself. He wants to get a big bag. As for Ant, he doesn’t even acknowledge Rudy exists. He pretends he doesn’t so he never has to pass him the ball. Rudy was screaming for him to move the rock at least 3 times tonight. Each time Ant pounded it and shot it. On the one hand Ant had the hot hand. On the other hand, Rudy seems to be getting less patient with Ant.

P.S ever since KAT was a rookie he has been a very good passer for his size and a very willing passer relative to his skill level. Where KAT sometimes struggles is passing out of the double, into tight spaces, and sometimes with wild technique.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#45 » by minimus » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:10 am

winforlose wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:I agree with the posts on this. It's absolutely bizarre that KAT finds Gobert with ease and Russell and Ant look like they'd rather do anything else than pass to Gobert.

KAT wants to find Gobert. He legitimately wants to make Rudy shine. Dlo wants to find himself and only himself. He wants to get a big bag. As for Ant, he doesn’t even acknowledge Rudy exists. He pretends he doesn’t so he never has to pass him the ball. Rudy was screaming for him to move the rock at least 3 times tonight. Each time Ant pounded it and shot it. On the one hand Ant had the hot hand. On the other hand, Rudy seems to be getting less patient with Ant.

P.S ever since KAT was a rookie he has been a very good passer for his size and a very willing passer relative to his skill level. Where KAT sometimes struggles is passing out of the double, into tight spaces, and sometimes with wild technique.

Well, on reddit I've read a very good story about Conley and his first year in UTA. UTA got him and expectation were high, they thought he would immediately raise level of their PnR game with Gobert. But Conley in his first year struggled mightily. After playing for years with pick and pop big Gasol he had to adjust. In offseason he asked Greg Oden, his teammate in university to help him to adopt pick-n-roll with rolling big. Next season Conley played really well. UTA was #1 in regular season.

I mean I am not sure in DLo just does not want to pass the ball. He is not better passer as Conley. But even for Conley playing with Gobert was a big learning curve.

P.S. I also understand very well how big is a challenge now for Ant.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#46 » by shangrila » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:05 am

I'd advise not taking anything from either this or the Cleveland game.

We beat 2 significantly injured teams with our full lineup. This does not mean we've figured things out. We still have serious issues in several areas.

Just...don't get your hopes up. I'll be pissed if everyone gets upset when we're blown out by the next decent opponent we face like it's some kind of surprise.
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 212

Post#47 » by frankenwolf » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:57 pm

shangrila wrote:I'd advise not taking anything from either this or the Cleveland game.

We beat 2 significantly injured teams with our full lineup. This does not mean we've figured things out. We still have serious issues in several areas.

Just...don't get your hopes up. I'll be pissed if everyone gets upset when we're blown out by the next decent opponent we face like it's some kind of surprise.

1) I don't think you'll argue this but, this team needed these games to hopefully become more cohesive. I don't care if we played two G-league teams.

2) We will find out Saturday if the team has learned anything over the past two games. I am pretty sure Troel Embiid will not take it easy on the Wolves and will try to find a way under KAT's skin, even if he's not guarding him.

I am pleased that we won in Orlando and maybe the team is turning the corner. I still think we can get to 50 wins.
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#48 » by Grubie024 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:01 pm

shangrila wrote:I'd advise not taking anything from either this or the Cleveland game.

Our ball movement has been a lot better, and I don't think the quality of opponent has all that much to do with how well we're sharing the ball.
Wish our wins would've been 100% no-doubters but I think we're making progress.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#49 » by shrink » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Grubie024 wrote:

Our ball movement has been a lot better, and I don't think the quality of opponent has all that much to do with how well we're sharing the ball.
Wish our wins would've been 100% no-doubters but I think we're making progress.

Right, and we played with energy right from the start, which we didn’t always do before.

Shangrila is right to be cautious, but I think we saw a few signs for optimism that we didn’t see before these games.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,354

Post#50 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:11 pm

I agree that this doesn't mean we are fixed or anything. We can easily look like trash again for the next three games so you are right. That said, I do think we can take some hope from these last few games. Even against Memphis, we looked better IMO. Still flawed as hell, still lots of issues, but we are looking more like a team. Before we looked liked a complete mess.

I am hoping we are figuring things out, I think just playing hard and with some consistency, our ability to win games goes way up. Even if we don't play very well, with our talent, playing hard and consistently could probably get us around .500 for the season. You sprinkle some actual good play on top of that, and we would be a good team.

This team needs something to latch onto, some kind of identity, some kind of hierarchy, some structure. I am hoping these wins are helping us find that.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,958

Post#51 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:26 pm

It may be a low bar, but it's still growth from earlier in the season. We haven't always been able to take care of teams like this.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves