Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,938

Re: Your Personal Wolves Mt. Rushmore 

Post#21 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:11 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
TimberKat wrote:Some people likes to read for a while before posting.

How about this list:
Isaiah Rider, Marbury, Sprewell, Ricky Davis

The greatest shooting guards KG has to endure as a Timberwolves. He finally got Ray Allen but didn't end well either.

That appears to be true. I just found it exceedingly strange that a person found giving Wiggins an endorsement was a reason to make a one in every 3 years post.

Not hard to understand. He posts as often as Wiggins really cares about basketball.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Junior
And1: 115

Post#22 » by ... » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:11 pm

KG
Flip
KAT
Crunch
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:15 pm

... wrote:KG
Flip
KAT
Crunch

Crunch :D. Excellent choice, but did he ever actually play for us? Did Flip?
Junior
And1: 115

Post#24 » by ... » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:18 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Flip
KAT
Crunch

OP didn't say anything about players. Please re-read.
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 124

Post#25 » by A1FromDay1 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:23 pm

Garnett, Rubio, Love, Ant

HM: Pek, Wally, Corey
Homo homini lupus est.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,198

Post#26 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:33 pm

Garnett
Edwards
Pekovic
Reid
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#27 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:36 pm

... wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Flip
KAT
Crunch

OP didn't say anything about players. Please re-read.

This is the way it's worded. it is your top-four personal favorite Timberwolves of all time. Interesting choice you made to take it outside of the realm of players. So far you are the only one and I like what you did with it. :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#28 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:38 pm

Klomp wrote:Garnett
Edwards
Pekovic
Reid

To many, I believe, Pekovic is a strange choice, but you and I agree. You seem to read everything posted here so you saw my reasoning. Could you share your reasoning?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,198

Post#29 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:46 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Edwards
Pekovic
Reid

To many, I believe, Pekovic is a strange choice, but you and I agree. You seem to read everything posted here so you saw my reasoning. Could you share your reasoning?

I think these four just embody a "we're not going to get punked tonight" mindset. Plus to me they're just all fan favorites!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,069

Post#30 » by shrink » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Garnett
Rubio

And it’s so hard to pick only two from the current bunch!

Towns
Conley - love this guy!
Gobert
Jaden
Ant
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#31 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Edwards
Pekovic
Reid

I think these four just embody a "we're not going to get punked tonight" mindset. Plus to me they're just all fan favorites!

So our reasoning for Pek is more or less the same. I love it. :D. I think Rudy is another player that means we won't get punked and if he stays with the team another year or two he will be on my Mt. Rushmore.
I think you're also right about Ant in that category. He is one big strong dude. The Current team is one of our least punkable teams, but Pek, by himself IMO, outweighs Rudy, Edwards and Reid in that aspect. With Pek nobody was going to mess with us and you know the word I would prefer to mess, but can't use it of course.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,466

Post#32 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:09 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:KG, Ant, the 2 Sams.

Cassell for being the 2nd best player on a legit contender - and he absolutely should've been All-NBA 1st team that year. He brought a swagger that the team never had before or since and helped show the league just how great KG was when he had a little help.

Mitchell for being an original Wolf, a consummate professional, a huge mentor to KG - and he's still Top 5 all-time among Wolves in total points, rebounds and steals.

My guess is Jaden will eventually displace one of the Sams.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#33 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:13 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:

Cassell for being the 2nd best player on a legit contender - and he absolutely should've been All-NBA 1st team that year. He brought a swagger that the team never had before or since and helped show the league just how great KG was when he had a little help.

Mitchell for being an original Wolf, a consummate professional, a huge mentor to KG - and he's still Top 5 all-time among Wolves in total points, rebounds and steals.

Cassell had one glorious season for us, then another not so glorious season for us. He doesn't have the longevity I need for a Mt. Rushmore placement, but that's my personal choice. That glorious season was enough to make my HM list though.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,466

Post#34 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:26 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Cassell had one glorious season for us, then another not so glorious season for us. He doesn't have the longevity I need for a Mt. Rushmore placement, but that's my personal choice. That glorious season was enough to make my HM list though.

Right now he was the (far and away) 2nd best player on the only truly meaningful season we've ever had. For me, that keeps him on the list.

If this group can make the WCF (or come damn close), he'll likely get bumped off.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#35 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:57 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Right now he was the (far and away) 2nd best player on the only truly meaningful season we've ever had. For me, that keeps him on the list.

If this group can make the WCF (or come damn close), he'll likely get bumped off.

That is your reasoning and as such it is beyond contestation. One of my favorite movie quotes
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,782

Post#36 » by Clav » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:53 pm

Garnett
Love
Towns
Edwards

These are my top 4 ! Big time players...

HM for me for various reasons - Pekovic, Sam Mitchell (who also coached MIN), the Saunders Family, Szczerbiak, Marbury, Cassell, Sprewell, Gugliotta, Rubio, Kirilenko

Pek, his feet gave up too early. Liked his no nonsense back to the basket bully game and the scary tattoos. Sam Mitchell was part of some PO teams with Garnett and then he coached the team, important part of the Wolves history. Same with Flip and his son, they have been part of the team a long time. RIP Flip.

Wally and Cassell were awesome to watch, they gave us good moments and Wally always had this underdog vibe to him.

Marbury and Spre were not fan favorites but some big time guards from our past, even if Spre's tenure here ended poorly :lol:

Gugliotta was a force, man, but just not talked about a lot. Rubio always one of my favorite players, same with AK47.

Looking back at the rosters though, a lot of names passed by that I wish to not reflect upon their time as TWolves haha

Also whoever put Crunch in the top 4 is a legend :D :D
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#37 » by KGdaBom » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:38 am

Clav wrote:Garnett
Love
Towns
Edwards

These are my top 4 ! Big time players...

HM for me for various reasons - Pekovic, Sam Mitchell (who also coached MIN), the Saunders Family, Szczerbiak, Marbury, Cassell, Sprewell, Gugliotta, Rubio, Kirilenko

Pek, his feet gave up too early. Liked his no nonsense back to the basket bully game and the scary tattoos. Sam Mitchell was part of some PO teams with Garnett and then he coached the team, important part of the Wolves history. Same with Flip and his son, they have been part of the team a long time. RIP Flip.

Wally and Cassell were awesome to watch, they gave us good moments and Wally always had this underdog vibe to him.

Marbury and Spre were not fan favorites but some big time guards from our past, even if Spre's tenure here ended poorly :lol:

Gugliotta was a force, man, but just not talked about a lot. Rubio always one of my favorite players, same with AK47.

Looking back at the rosters though, a lot of names passed by that I wish to not reflect upon their time as TWolves haha

Also whoever put Crunch in the top 4 is a legend :D :D

I was forgetting Gugliotta. Thanks for reminding me.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 906

Post#38 » by Dalvin » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:36 am

Mine is:
KG, Rubio, KAT, Ant

Honorable Mentions are:
Pek, Love, Conley, Rudy, Jaden McD, Wally, Al Jeff, AK47, Brewer, G, Naz, Saunders (Flip and Ryan)
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
moretins
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#39 » by moretins » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:43 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
moretins wrote:Garnett, Ricky, Towns, Ant

5.- Wiggins.

You joined over 9 years ago and this is your 3rd post. You came out of hiding to give Wiggins an HM? :lol: :noway: :crazy:

Jeje, I’ve been following the Wolves since the Garnett era, and I’ve been reading your posts long before I signed up. But, being Spanish, my English isn’t very good, and I find it tedious to write in English. Choosing four players was easy. I included Wiggins because his arrival brought me a lot of excitement, especially after the disappointment of the end of the Ricky Love era, which had excited me so much
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,234

Post#40 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:49 pm

Only 5

KG
Ant
KAT
Finch
Flip
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)