No votes
New Coach
43%

Total votes: 14

deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#21 » by deeney0 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:14 am

I wonder at what point the internal fire-Wittman discussion starts. 4-32? 4-34? If we get to the halfway point with only 5 or 6 wins, isn't it neccessary to at least seriously talk about making a change?
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#22 » by funkatron101 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:17 am

deeney0 wrote:I wonder at what point the internal fire-Wittman discussion starts. 4-32? 4-34? If we get to the halfway point with only 5 or 6 wins, isn't it neccessary to at least seriously talk about making a change?

You would think, but it won't happen. They know exactly what they are getting with Wittman and expected this year to be a complete wash. The pressure is off Randy Wittman this year.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#23 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:18 am

Ok, for who? That is the problem. You almost have to wait til the summer in order to get a good assistant from another team or a college coach.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#24 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:23 am

Wittman isn't going anywhere. He definitely has a pass this year and I would expect the next.. That's why I am so frustrated, I feel like we are wasting 2-3 years on him that a more productive coach could be using to get this team on track.

I heard the front office nearly begged Witt to take this job. He didn't even want it at first. Taylor must be cheap as hell.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#25 » by deeney0 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:27 am

revprodeji wrote:Ok, for who? That is the problem. You almost have to wait til the summer in order to get a good assistant from another team or a college coach.

Sichting.

I expected Witt to get a pass all year as well. But I also thought the team would have 7-10 wins right now, and that they would have shown some improvement.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#26 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:59 am

At least Dwayne Casey had an identity. And he was excellent working with the young kids. I was only in favor of firing him with the mindset that we wold bring in a Adelman/Carlisle type coach, not the wise ol owl. I really tried to like Wittman but Karch was spot on, we shouldnt have only 4 wins. Better coaching gets us at least 10.

I like McCants, I think he should be starting, thats somewhat biased true, but tell him its his job to lose. But it is tough since Brew plays good D and Gomes has been good as of late.

As to the original question: I cant say for sure. Beasley doesnt seem like he can play the 3 and I dont want to force Big Al to play the 5. OJ Mayo looks promising, but im a Shad-fan. Rose is an excellent player, but that more than likely means Foye plays the 2, and basically says we give up on Foye as a point and should have kept Roy in the first place.

We need Foye. I love Hibbert, but i dont like him next to Big Al. I love Jordan but he is raw. I would LOVE for Miami to make the playoffs and draft Hardin. Thats just my 2 cents
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#27 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:44 pm

Scott Skiles? The all-time single game assists leader might be a good coach for a team that sucks at passing. But then he might be too much of a jerk.

Wolves definitely need Foye and then some. Did I read the boxscore right, Al Jefferson had his shot blocked 6 times? Man...
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#28 » by casey » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:38 pm

deeney0 wrote:Randy Foye?

Or, even better, Brandon Roy.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
deeney0
RealGM

Post#29 » by deeney0 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:22 pm

Scott Skiles is an idiot and a sucky coach. Chicago waited way too long to ditch him, now they're playing great basketball. Phoenix started played great basketball as soon as they ditched him as well. (There are obviously other factors involved there, but that doesn't make that a false statement) I wanted Adelman too, but that was before the trade, there's no chance of the Wolves having a name-recognition coach for a long, long time.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#30 » by Worm Guts » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:28 pm

deeney0 wrote:Scott Skiles is an idiot and a sucky coach. Chicago waited way too long to ditch him, now they're playing great basketball. Phoenix started played great basketball as soon as they ditched him as well. (There are obviously other factors involved there, but that doesn't make that a false statement) I wanted Adelman too, but that was before the trade, there's no chance of the Wolves having a name-recognition coach for a long, long time.

To be fair, both Phoenix and Chicago overachieved during his first year as coach.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#31 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:33 pm

Money increases your chances exponentionally.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#32 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:58 pm

casey wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Or, even better, Brandon Roy.

Quiet you, the truth hurts.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#33 » by Basti » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:04 pm

4ho5ive wrote:At least Dwayne Casey had an identity. And he was excellent working with the young kids. I was only in favor of firing him with the mindset that we wold bring in a Adelman/Carlisle type coach, not the wise ol owl. I really tried to like Wittman but Karch was spot on, we shouldnt have only 4 wins. Better coaching gets us at least 10.

I like McCants, I think he should be starting, thats somewhat biased true, but tell him its his job to lose. But it is tough since Brew plays good D and Gomes has been good as of late.

As to the original question: I cant say for sure. Beasley doesnt seem like he can play the 3 and I dont want to force Big Al to play the 5. OJ Mayo looks promising, but im a Shad-fan. Rose is an excellent player, but that more than likely means Foye plays the 2, and basically says we give up on Foye as a point and should have kept Roy in the first place.

We need Foye. I love Hibbert, but i dont like him next to Big Al. I love Jordan but he is raw. I would LOVE for Miami to make the playoffs and draft Hardin. Thats just my 2 cents

would you consider trading down to let's say #5 or #6? I agree with you about drafting beasly, rose or mayo in some way and miami won't make the PO so no 2nd lottery pick.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves