ImageImageImage

Physical, Smashmouth Basketball

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#21 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:06 am

shane5153 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Im not so sure. Every highlight or game that i watch of beasley i see him pumping his team up and gettin his team ready. But you could be right i just hope not

Rashad plays the same way. Did you see him hitting his chest repeatedly after Bassy threw him that behind-the-back pass for the 3? Cants is a helluva player when he gets emotionally involved.
shane5153
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by shane5153 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 am

theGreatRC wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Rashad plays the same way. Did you see him hitting his chest repeatedly after Bassy threw him that behind-the-back pass for the 3? Cants is a helluva player when he gets emotionally involved.

Yessir i did. And your right when he gets emotionally involved he almost cant be stopped. Thats the same way beasley is which would probably be even better playing with eachother. Man beasley, mccants, foye, jefferson, and brewer sounds like a crazy good core to build off of.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#23 » by andyhop » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 am

shane5153 wrote:If we want physical smashmouth bball then i would definetly pick beasley. He brings that attitude that i love. Everybody hates on his attitude but i like it. He has the swagger and confidence that would be a huge addition to this team. The only thing that i think is a negative is his effort on defense. If he would play 100% on defense then he'd be my number one player but since he doesnt then he's 1b and rose is 1 a. Either one is fine by me

Beasley wouldn't be in my top 6 for the Wolves as his strengths aren't ones the team really needs and his weaknesses are those that already plague the team.

Rose with the first pick or Jordan after a trade down a couple of spots are the picks that make most sense for the team.

Whoever they pick has to be able to play defense as apart from Brewer potentially and Al if allowed to play at the 4 nobody else is that good on that side of the ball and it does make up 50% of the game.

Until Beasley shows that he can play at both ends of the court i wouldn't pick him .
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
shane5153
Freshman

Post#24 » by shane5153 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 am

IMO beasley can play the 3 for us. He is averaging 2 blocks a game and 1 steal per game. The dude is 18 years old and i think that is something he can build on. His defense can get alot better he just needs the coaching
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#25 » by andyhop » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 am

shane5153 wrote:IMO beasley can play the 3 for us. He is averaging 2 blocks a game and 1 steal per game. The dude is 18 years old and i think that is something he can build on. His defense can get alot better he just needs the coaching

The problem defensively for Beasley is attitude not ability he just doesn't seem to want to play defense some of the time and doesn't put in the effort.

I'd rather have a player with a technical fault that can be coached and fixed than a guy with the wrong attitude that you hope will change once he gets to the league.

We differ on Beasley playing the 3 I don't believe he will ever play the 3 full time successfully and steals and blocks don't comprise good defence, afterall Al is averaging 1.3 blks and 1.1 steals a game playing mostly centre and nobody is claiming him as a good defender there.If you want further proof that steals and blocks don't make for good defence just look up Amare's numbers.

So far Beasley has shown he can score and rebound which is nice but then again so can Zach Randolph and I wouldn't want him on my team.I want to see the other parts of his game improve a lot before I'd want to add him.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#26 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:19 am

If we somehow get a second 1st round pick, would you guys prefer to pick Kosta Koufos (perfect offensive complement to Jefferson) or DeVon Hardin (perfect defensive complement to Jefferson)? Don't forget Brook Lopez should be in the mix as well.

Ideally I'd like to get BOTH, but...hmm...that's tricky.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#27 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:32 am

I would say Hardin. First off because I'm not a huge fan of KK and a huge fan of DH, but also because we need a defensive presence in the middle.

You guys were talking earlier about trading up for Hibbert. While I like Hibbert and think he'd be a good fit, Hardin is a GREAT fit and would be much easier to acquire.

Get it done Kevin!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shane5153
Freshman

Post#28 » by shane5153 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:48 am

[quote="andyhop"][/quote]

I guess we do differ but thats ok. I keep hearing zach randolphs name come up with beasley but beasley is way more athletic that zach is.Now there attitudes arent that different in some peoples mind but to me there total opposites. In beasley i see a fierce competitor who wants to do whatever it takes to win even if that means taking over a game single handly. His attitude can come off as a idc attitude but i just think he's like mccants and is a wierd kinda person but just wants to win.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#29 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:49 am

Hardin all day every day. We are bottom 5 in every defensive statistical category, we don't need Kufous to an outside jumper and limited boards, if we needed that, we would have let Mark Blount stay here.

Hardin would bring a defensive post presence; something every good team needs; most championships won have had a player who had a good defensive post presence, Hardin could be that guy for us; Energetic player who can block shot and snag rebounds.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#30 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:01 am

Yeah...you guys are probably right. I guess I wouldn't be pissed if we picked Koufos or Lopez, but we definitely need a defender/shot blocker/rebounder. Samuel Dalembert seems like a decent comparison, no? Does he have a higher BBIQ than Daly?
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#31 » by 4ho5ive » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:13 am

Hardin has an excellent BBIQ. He is a Senior so he has played plenty of basketball and would mesh well with our other Senior/Junior prospects (Brew, Foye, Shad). He brings a defensive presence that Hibbert cannot. Hibbert is a good defender mainly because of his size and he has good footwork. Hardin is a much better man defender, has great leaping ability and is outstanding at anticipating a block. His rebound numbers arent phenomenal, i think almost 10 per but last i checked his rebound rate is crazy good. I really like Hardin and would rather put him next to Al over Hibbert and Koufas. I know little about the latter however.

Plus it would be easier to come up on Hardin than Hibbert.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#32 » by revprodeji » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:42 pm

I like Hardin, I think he would be very good next to Al. My only issue is that he would contribute very little to the offensive side. Where as Hibbert for his passing alone would drastically improve the flow of our offense. Being that the modern NBA does not use physical enforcers much on defense the smart-defense that Hibbert can bring is very productive at this level.

So I would rather have Hibbert than Hardin, but I like Hardin and you are right that it would be easier to get Hardin.

Koufas needs to stay another year in school. He is no where near being anything more than Matt Bonner right now. But he has potential and needs to develop that and be top-8 next year.

T, I think al is playing much more physical this year then even the beginning of the year. You see him trying to dunk it more. Not just a soft dunk, but the cool TIVO type of dunks. He is not settling for the little jumper as he was earlier. He almost always gets his baby hook or a dunk.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves