Iguodala, Dalembert and Jermaine O'Neal

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,628

Iguodala, Dalembert and Jermaine O'Neal 

Post#1 » by shrink » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:09 am

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=36

There were a couple posts in this thread on the trade board that I thought might interest people:

WizardsWorld wrote:I think Minny is a good spot for Iggy... Minny becomes an extremely solid young team with this deal and Philly moves towards rebuilding...

Minny gets:
Andre Igoudala
Sam Dalembert

Philly gets:
Randy Foye
Gerald Green
Antoine Walker

Minny:
C: Dalembert/Smith
PF: Jefferson/Gomes
SF: Igoudala/Brewer
SG: McCants/Buckner
PG: Telfair/Jaric

Philly:
C: Smith
PF: Evans/Walker
SF: G. Green/Giricek
SG: Foye/W.Green
PG: Miller/Williams
*** Philly gets 2 young players, dumps Dalys deal, Fatoine will be expiring next season,.. they then package Miller/Evans for expirings and/or picks and a prospect

Oomph wrote:Because I think Iggy would be a great fit in Indy this is the deal that could make it work:

Sixers get

Theo Ratliff
Rashad McCants
Gerald Green

Ike Diogu

Pacers get

Iggy (70m 5yrs)
Rodney Carney
Antoine Walker

Twolves get

JO
Willie Green
Kevin Ollie

Phillie gets 3 young players still on their rookie deal while Ratliff returns and could perhaps get a vet's minimum for another year. Sixers still retain all cap flexibility after this deal and get rid of ITB's pets Green & Ollie.

Indy pairs Iggy on the wings to Dunleavy and Granger, with Danny probably playing starters minutes at the PF spot. Walker, the last guy I want on my Pacers team (but that's the sacrifice I'll do to get Iggy!), gets reunited with his former coach and he'll backup Granger as PF probably.

Minny pairs JO in the frontcourt with Big Al, who will form a better duo than JO with the other Al. JO will become their defensive anchor while Jefferson stays as nr. 1 option on offense. Hetting rid of Walker is a bonus too in this deal.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#2 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:40 am

If we decide that Rose is the BPA for us and that he will be a star, then yes to the 1st. No to the 2nd no matter what. Definitely DON'T need JO.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#3 » by 4ho5ive » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:59 am

Lets not sell Foye short for players we can find in the draft and 09 FA. JO is a shadow of his former self, and Iggy is a selfish player IMO. This is basically blowing up the rebuild job we have put together so far.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#4 » by funkatron101 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:19 pm

I don't like the second deal much.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#5 » by karch34 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:35 pm

I like the 1st deal, but it would pretty much lock us into PG with our pick. McCants, Iggy, and Jefferson would give us a great scoring 2-4 in our starting lineup.
MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#6 » by MN Die Hard » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 pm

I love the idea of having Dally at C here so I'd do the first for sure, assuming we're in a position to draft Rose. However, I dont think Philly touches that. Essentially its Dally AND Iggy for Foye, with Walker as salary relief and Green a big question mark.

I would come at it from the angle of offering our #1 and keeping Foye.

Green/Ratliff/2008 #1 for Iggy/Dally and perhaps a future lottery-protected #1 from Philly.

Foye/Telfair
McCants/Brewer
Iggy/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Dally/Richard

Jaric is dumped or sticks around to back up all three positions.

EDIT: In addition to giving up the potential #1 pick, which I assume many people would prefer not to do, I also assume this would put us well over the lux after resigning Iggy next year. So I wouldnt expect a lot of support for this idea.
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#7 » by kandiking » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:56 pm

taylor is too cheap
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#8 » by revprodeji » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:47 pm

I do not like either. I really like Foye and his value his low right now. Give him a chance and he will at least increase his value.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#9 » by funkatron101 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:58 pm

revprodeji wrote:I do not like either. I really like Foye and his value his low right now. Give him a chance and he will at least increase his value.

I think that is the key factor here. We need these guys to establish some value so we can get the peices we need that we won't get through the draft.
So I don't expect any deals happening this year.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#10 » by revprodeji » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:05 am

thanks

I like Iggy, do not misunderstand that. Just not at the expense of Foye. also without Foye we are lacking an offensive player (duh, watch our games this year) I doubt McCants can keep up his 27.7 ppg and Iggy is not an elite scorer. so if anything we do not want to use his line-up spot where we might need more of a scorer. hmm, who knows.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves