ImageImageImage

Funny thread about losing record

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Funny thread about losing record 

Post#1 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:35 am

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=750689

MartyConlonJr wrote:The Official Tanking thread is in place. This is it. To even crack .500 we would need to go 33 and 13. Some say we don't need to be at .500 but the 8th seed is only one win away from .500, and with the tanking of the bad teams yet to start, when they do, the winning teams are going to have gimmes where they may normally have a battle.

So let's lose, lets lose like there's no tomorrow. When Rick Davis is in the ball game in the fourth, Turdchucker is our critical playmaker and our stars are tasting pine, don't forget that we are Parker Lewis when we get digits in the L column, and our prize is now south of that equator in the standings. Games behind will now be known as 'progress points' and in our playoffs positioning is all important there, as the number of balls are crucial.

So with that in mind here are the NBA standings, in the new format we should learn to read:

07-08 Regular Season Standings

East
1. Miami --
2. New York 2.5
3. Philadelphia 5.5
4. Charlotte 5.5
5. Chicago 6.0
6. Milwaukee 6.0
7. Indiana 7.5
8. New Jersey 9.5

West
1. Minnesota --
2. Seattle 4.0
3. Memphis 4.5
4. LA Clippers 7.0
5. Sacramento 10.5
6. Houston 14.0
7. Utah 16.0
8. Golden State 17.0

Now we are the class of the east, but the Knicks are nipping at our heels, they have much more veteran lotto experience which may come into play as the season wears on. A two game losing streak by the Knicks has widened the gap, helped mainly by our 10 game winning streak. Luckily many of our 'playoff' foes have suffered some losses of late. While Philadelpiha was riding a 7 game winning streak before todays loss, teams like Charlotte (losing 3 of last 5), Chicago (playing .500 ball over the last 10 games), Milwaukee (4 losses in last 10) and New Jersey (losing 6 of last 10) have all fallen away from our dominance.

The beast of the West, the Wolves, however are threatening our chances. A clutch win by the Heat in our last matchup kept our hope alive of beating them, but they have only lost 5 games all season for an astounding .861 winning percentage. At this pace they are a 70 win team, but I think we have it in us. There is a big gap in the West between the few elite teams (Minnesota, Seattle, Memphis, Clippers) and the rest of the team who are all clambering for those other 4 spots.

Clippers are making a strong showing after winning 9 of their last 10, gaining ground quickly as a dark horse. Seattle had a clutch overtime win over the Lakers despite Kobes 48 points, extending their winning streak to 7 games to stay in the hunt. Memphis has been consistent, if not spectacular and haf fallen under the radar of many.

Top 5
1. Minnesota --
2. Miami 3.5
3. Seattle 4.0
4. Memphis 4.5
5. New York 6.0

Upcoming games (Next 5):

Minnesota:
Phoenix(W), Denver(W), Golden State(W), Phoenix(W), Boston(W)
Minny has an easy run. I can't see them losing any of these games.

Miami
Chicago(W), Portland(W), New York(L), Cleveland(W), San Antonio(W)
We have some very winnable games, Chicago is a decent team, but we have their number. New York scares me and I could see us losing that, although we are on the second night of a back-to-back, where we usually come out quite strong, so maybe we can knock it out.

Seattle
New Orleans(W), Memphis(W), Dallas(W), Houston (W), Houston(L)
Seattle has a hard draw coming up, New Orleans and Dallas are their only easy games. I give them the edge over Memphis but could easily see it go the other way. I'll give them a split against Houston who can probably pull off an upset there.

Memphis
Seattle(L), Charlotte(L), Chicago(L), Orlando(W), Washington(W)
A tough run for Memphis playing three contender to start their 5 games. I think Charlotte and Chicago prove they are in the stronger conference and hurt Memphis.

New York
New Jersey(W), Washington(W), Miami(W), Boston(W), Philadelphia(L)
New York has no shortage of tough matches, with New Jersey, Miami and Philadelphia all playing spectacular ball. I think Philly pips them here, but I could see them losing 3 of 5 easily.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 15,068

Post#2 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 am

LMAO this is greatness I need to spread this around.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
scottyo50
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by scottyo50 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:58 am

:rofl:
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,763

Post#4 » by Basti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:30 am

LOL some guys recently throw creativity around :rofl:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves