Inspired by Doogie--Get love and Mayo

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 714

Re: Inspired by Doogie--Get love and Mayo 

Post#21 » by karch34 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:30 pm

shrink wrote:
Winter Wonder wrote: What are the years and cost on Wallace? That is going to be a burden on the cap.

Wallace is $14.5 mil this year, and $14 mil next year, Of course, if we're using Walker, thisyear;'s money is already spent, but the deal will affect our foray into free agency next summer.

Here are my two favorite salary links:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages ... wolves.jsp
http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/r ... laries.htm

So it's really pushing our big expiring one more year out. I guess you have to weigh if you think the #6 is worth that and if the big expiring still has some value.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#22 » by Tekkenlaw » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Yea, the value for that still seems to be favoring the cavs and wolves, #34 and #19 to the knicks makes it fair I think.

McHale needs to do everything in his power to get both Love and Mayo, they are both incredible fits for this team. Can you imagine trying to double team Big Al with Mayo/Foye/Gomes/Love on the floor? It would be laughable, it would also be laughable to not double him.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#23 » by TheFranchise21 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:02 am

shrink wrote:I think those are good points, but I could also see the other side. Getting rid of Curry or Zach Randolph decreases talent, but there is addition through subtraction in the locker room too. It wasn't some old school Knick fossil suggesting that they could use the pick to move Curry or Zach, it was brand-spanking-new GM Donnie Walsh who said it.

As a MIN fan, I have to say that I felt a lot more comfortable with the Wolves this year, knowing they were getting out of their cycle of mediocrity, and Knicks fans may feel the same way if they can get Curry or Zach off the team. It cost us the beloved Kevin Garnett (though we got fair return). NYK giving up pick #6 is a far smaller pricetag. They replaced Dolan. They replaced Isiah. I think its possible they are trying for change.

Are you sure? How can they replace an owner?
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#24 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:45 am

The question is in vain. I do not see Love going past Memphis.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
All Day
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#25 » by All Day » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:27 am

revprodeji wrote:The question is in vain. I do not see Love going past Memphis.

I'm not a fan of creating big trades because they aren't very realistic, but one thing lead to another and well...

MIN in: Ben Wallace, #5
MIN out: Walker, Buckner, McCants, #31

MEM in: Walker, Buckner, McCants, #6
MEM out: M. Miller, Cardinal, #5

NY in: M. Miller, Cardinal, #31
NY out: Z. Randolph, #6

CLE in: Z. Randolph
CLE out: Ben Wallace

...we end up with Mayo and Love. Big Ben could see minutes off the bench and he expires in two seasons.

MEM sheds an extra year off the salaries of Miller and Cardinal, and pick up McCants to replace Miller's production (as well as JCN who is leaving for Spain) in exchange to allow MIN to draft Love at #5.

NY picks up a pretty decent player in Miller and rid themselves of Randolph. Both Miller/Cardinal expire in 2 years so Lebron is still in play... They are pretty crowded with wing players, but D'Antoni will find a way to make it work.

CLE grabs production for a cheap price. This high risk/reward type move.

I thought of this trade weeks ago, but seeing the one Tekkenlaw proposed made me try to recall this trade from memory.

Thoughts?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#26 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:30 am

At least you admit, it is simply too big. Sorry.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#27 » by Tirion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:46 am

just say no to curry.
he can't rebound, can't pass, can't defend and his only strong side is al's strongest side too. if curry-zach duo hadn't worked out, why you think he could play with big al?
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#28 » by Wingman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:10 am

The Knicks already wasted a 2nd overall and 9th overall to get him, it'd be hilarius if they had to package the 6th overall to get rid of him. And they're giving him 60 million dollars. Thats worse than any Timberwolves mistake in my opinion.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves