ImageImageImage

Love's Arrival = Jefferson on the Block?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Re: Love's Arrival = Jefferson on the Block? 

Post#21 » by prefuse73 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 6:54 pm

Yeah gunny, I was talking about defense. On offense, Jefferson is every bit a Center. His silky post moves are going to be tough to contain when teams have another big in the high post (Love) that can hit jumpers out the 3-pt range and pass like the best of them.

On defense, I was just saying that he has a tough time with super athletic guys. He really should not guard the PF position because many PF are either really quick, can hit jumpers (where Al has a tough time closing out), or both.
captain_cheapseats
Starter
And1: 1

Post#22 » by captain_cheapseats » Sun Jul 6, 2008 3:16 am

Jefferson is putting up 21 and 11 at age 23, and is tied up long term in a contract that is an absolute bargain for a talented big. He's not getting traded anytime soon.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#23 » by revprodeji » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:18 pm

http://www.canishoopus.com/2008/7/6/565624/centrisity

good article about Jefferson at the 5.

"Do you try to maximize his offensive efficiency or do you try to minimize his defensive inefficiency?"
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#24 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:35 pm

the big thing for me was that he's physically getting pushed around in loose ball and around the rim situations against physical frontlines with guys like Perkins and Haywood because he's the only one down there. That Okafor/Mohammed game was the one I won't forget - Gomes and Craig Smith are non-factors in the paint against teams like that. An undersized PF isn't a good match, neither is a SF/PF or a non physical player like Doleac. Thats why I was so baffled that they never tried to pair him w/ Richard.

He needs a true center next to him, or else a PF/C type. Somebody who can control the paint close to the basket. Love works just fine for me. Love knows how to control space and I expect big things from the tandem.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#25 » by funkatron101 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:51 pm

True centers and point guards seem to be going the way of the dodo it seems.

Everyone is a combo-something today. With a few exceptions of course.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#26 » by revprodeji » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:56 pm

He did fine against perkins. Haywood did pish him around. Okafor did also. Dally did as well, but Al did fine against Kaman, Chandler and many of the other centers. Part of it is Al simply needs to develop his strength more. I agree with you that Love is a good fit next to him. I am simply fine with calling both guys a 4/5 and letting it work out on the court. Love has better lower body strength than Al and would be able to muscle a Haywood type better.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,746

Post#27 » by shrink » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:56 pm

This Subject Heading needs to disappear.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves