OT: Just Moved to Minneapolis

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

UNC's Diddy
Sophomore
And1: 0

OT: Just Moved to Minneapolis 

Post#1 » by UNC's Diddy » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:04 am

Hey Guys,

I just moved to Minneapolis 2 days ago and have no idea what to do around here. I am interested in staying active (i.e. basketball, football) and would liek any advice I can get on what activities I can do around here. Also how hard is it to get tickets to the Vikings, Twins and Timberwolves games. Any help any of you can give me would be amazing.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Re: OT: Just Moved to Minneapolis 

Post#2 » by big3_8_19_21 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:41 am

Well one thing I can tell you is that Wolves ticket won't be hard to get. They're never sold out and likely won't be selling out games until we (hopefully) start kicking ass again.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
DG4L
Freshman

Post#3 » by DG4L » Mon Jul 7, 2008 2:51 am

Welcome to Minneapolis.

If you're interested in playing basketball, there are a ton of outdoor courts in Minneapolis to choose from. What part of Minneapolis did you move to (south, southwest, southeast, north)? Depending on the area, I could probably name you a couple.

Vikings tickets might be hard to get next year. They are the most popular team in the state and there is a lot of excitement surrounding this upcoming season. For most Twins games, you should be able to walk up to the ticket booth right before first pitch to get a ticket. Timberwolves tickets are very easy to come by. You should be able to get good seats for almost dirt cheap these days at the Target Center.
UNC's Diddy
Sophomore

Post#4 » by UNC's Diddy » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:35 am

Right now I am in the Loring Park area near Nicollet mall and pretty close to the Target Center. I know there is a court down the street from my apartment in the park but I figured the more courts I know of the better chance I have of finding some good runs.
Ojmayo
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#5 » by Ojmayo » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:09 am

UNC's Diddy wrote:Hey Guys,

I just moved to Minneapolis 2 days ago and have no idea what to do around here. I am interested in staying active (i.e. basketball, football) and would liek any advice I can get on what activities I can do around here. Also how hard is it to get tickets to the Vikings, Twins and Timberwolves games. Any help any of you can give me would be amazing.

Welcome to Minneapolis.

There are tons of stuff to do around here. Its no different then in other city but it does get very cold. As for the courts I think that one is located in Loring Park. As for tickets you dont have to worry about them except the vikings they tend to sell out sometimes. For the other teams the tickets are very easy to get.
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Post#6 » by sheefo13 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 12:50 pm

Welcome!

Well if you want more competitive ball and working out, there is a Lifetime fitness that is attached to the Target Center. Twins games are lots of fun, you should check them out. Tickets for them are pretty cheap. Wolves games are fun even though we are not winning right now. If you want really good seats for the price, I would go with the ones for 70 that are located at the corners of the court, lower level about 20 rows up or so.. Vikings games are another story, but if I were you try to get out to one.

You are really close to a lot of the good nightlife stuff over there, over there are first ave and such. Hope you like it over there. A friend of mine was actually very close to moving to Loring Park.
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#7 » by TMo519 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:01 pm

What are you guys talking about? The Wolves are gonna sell the crap outta the Target this year!
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#8 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Tue Jul 8, 2008 2:18 am

1st ave on weekends is awesome if you like to party, every bar is awesome, I like Sneaky Petes or Bootleggers.

For tickets, theres scalpors out on the metrodome complex that you can get tickets on the day of.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves