ImageImageImage

If Miles plays, Blazers lose. We should work him out.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: If Miles plays, Blazers lose. We should work him out. 

Post#21 » by thegreatblaze » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:17 pm

This entire thread is just bush league. Seriously, find a different way to improve your team, rather than screwing over others. Haven't you ever heard of Karma?
funkatron101 wrote:I thought you were done with this board?

Sorry, but if I run by a thread of people contemplating ways to screw over my team I'm going to respond, make no doubt about it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,746

Post#22 » by shrink » Tue Jul 8, 2008 6:30 pm

OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:This entire thread is just bush league. Seriously, find a different way to improve your team, rather than screwing over others. Haven't you ever heard of Karma? .

Its called competition, commie.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#23 » by deeney0 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:05 pm

Can it just be a coincidence that OdenRoyLMA is an anagram for "Delay, Moron". (also "Armed & Loony" and "Layman Odor"). Meanwhile, JeffersonFoyeLove makes "Eleven Offers of Joy" or "Offense Lever Of Joy". I rest my case.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#24 » by dunkonu21 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:28 pm

shrink wrote:
OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:This entire thread is just bush league. Seriously, find a different way to improve your team, rather than screwing over others. Haven't you ever heard of Karma? .

:rofl: :bowdown: :rockon: :rock: :naaa: :thumbsup: :clap:
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#25 » by funkatron101 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:37 pm

OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:This entire thread is just bush league. Seriously, find a different way to improve your team, rather than screwing over others. Haven't you ever heard of Karma?
funkatron101 wrote:I thought you were done with this board?

Sorry,...

Apology accepted.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#26 » by casey » Tue Jul 8, 2008 9:45 pm

shrink wrote:

Exactly. When you can't compete on the floor, you have to take every jab you can off the floor.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#27 » by jhern87 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:12 pm

Please sign Miles. That would be hilarious. He would be even more pissed off because everyone knows the grass grows greenest in the NW. :thumbsup:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,746

Post#28 » by shrink » Tue Jul 8, 2008 10:28 pm

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazer ... _what.html

Even though an independent doctor has deemed Miles' right knee injury career ending and even though he recently violated the NBA's Anti-Drug program, the former Blazers forward is actively looking for work -- and, evidently, he's making some headway.

According to the Boston Globe, Miles recently worked out for the World Champion Boston Celtics and had an "impressive" showing. From the story:

"An NBA source said the Celtics surprisingly worked out Blazers free agent small forward Darius Miles yesterday and he had an impressive workout. Miles missed last season while recovering from knee surgery."

This has well-chronicled implications on the Blazers: if Miles returns to the NBA and plays in 10 games in a season, during either of the next two seasons, his salary will count against the Blazers' salary cap. The team is responsible for paying the remaining $27.25 million of his Blazers' contract, but it does not count against the team's cap because his knee injury was labeled career ending.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#29 » by cucad8 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 11:12 pm

Another risk I see, disregarding the discussion of a GM specifically signing a guy just to screw over another team, but the risk of team chemistry. Not saying Miles immeidately walks in and starts disrupting the entire locker, he isn't satan. But, I have never seen confirmation on the amount of time he has to play in those 10 games. Am guessing just a tiny bit, no actual minute requirement. But most of the players will probably know the circumstances of why he is signed, even if a team tries to say they think he can actually contribute. So if I'm a 12th, 13th, 14th man on a roster, busting my butt to try to even make the league, I'm going to be upset at my team for signing a guy with the intent of screwing up another team's cap space. And, on top of that, not only giving him a roster spot I worked hard for, but most likely giving him the garbage playing time I might have been able to get. So you have disgruntled bench players, and sure, that isn't the worst thing in the world, but better to have a harmonius locker room than individuals upset with management. Anyways, I'm not too concerned about this, as a Blazers fan. I doubt we go into next offseason specifically looking to sign a free agent. A trade seems much more likely, to me.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#30 » by GopherIt! » Tue Jul 8, 2008 11:43 pm

This entire thread is just bush league. Seriously, find a different way to improve your team, rather than screwing over others. Haven't you ever heard of Karma?
funkatron101 wrote:
I thought you were done with this board?

Sorry, but if I run by a thread of people contemplating ways to screw over my team I'm going to respond, make no doubt about it.

While i can understand the frustration, this is a competive sport. Welcome to the real world.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#31 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:05 am

Another risk I see, disregarding the discussion of a GM specifically signing a guy just to screw over another team, but the risk of team chemistry. Not saying Miles immeidately walks in and starts disrupting the entire locker, he isn't satan. But, I have never seen confirmation on the amount of time he has to play in those 10 games. Am guessing just a tiny bit, no actual minute requirement. But most of the players will probably know the circumstances of why he is signed, even if a team tries to say they think he can actually contribute. So if I'm a 12th, 13th, 14th man on a roster, busting my butt to try to even make the league, I'm going to be upset at my team for signing a guy with the intent of screwing up another team's cap space. And, on top of that, not only giving him a roster spot I worked hard for, but most likely giving him the garbage playing time I might have been able to get. So you have disgruntled bench players, and sure, that isn't the worst thing in the world, but better to have a harmonius locker room than individuals upset with management. Anyways, I'm not too concerned about this, as a Blazers fan. I doubt we go into next offseason specifically looking to sign a free agent. A trade seems much more likely, to me.

That arguement simply doesn't reflect reality of the NBA.

You realize that this is first and foremost a business right? The players know that. If they don't, they figure it out quick if they want to stick around. Player movement, trades, trade rumors, contract negotiations, minutes, depth charts, roster slots, it's all part of the machine. The guys down that low in the depth chart (12-15) don't typically have much leverage to begin with. If a guy a pulls a "Toine" and whines about his own PT, guess what? It will be that guy, not Miles, who hits the road. When Antoine Walker complained last year, it was he who was left behind and didn't travel with the team. And what other team is going to want to sign or trade for a marginal player who is a disruption in the locker room?
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#32 » by cucad8 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:17 am

GopherIt! wrote: And what other team is going to want to sign or trade for a marginal player who is a disruption in the locker room?

Well, this is a discussion about signing Miles.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#33 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:35 am

cucad8 wrote:
GopherIt! wrote: And what other team is going to want to sign or trade for a marginal player who is a disruption in the locker room?

Well, this is a discussion about signing Miles.

Except that other than his continued love of garden plants, it seems like your boy Darius has grown up some over the past couple of seasons.

Then again, you could be right, you guys are certainly the league experts on NBA malcontents.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#34 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jul 9, 2008 12:43 am

some of the POR fans that are posting here are really getting their panty's in a bunch over their ex Darius. How's it going Cucad?
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#35 » by TheFranchise21 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:50 am

mrmossy84 wrote:
TheFranchise21 wrote:Man what happened to D. Miles? Dude was supposed to be the 2nd coming of KG.

defintely an NTer...lol

Haha, I think I've seen you on there too. I'm KG21 on NT.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves