Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,639

IND - MIN Rent Rasho 

Post#1 » by shrink » Mon Feb 9, 2009 1:46 pm

MIN GETS: Rasho Nesterovic

IND GETS: Jason Collins + Craig Smith

Simple deal. Rasho is the Pacers third string center, and has scored 10 points in his last 6 games. Troy Murphy starts, and they just extended Jeff Foster to 2011, and they have Hibbert on deck. They are simply going to let Rasho expire, and this way, his minutes can go to Hibbert. Craig Smith has a little value with his tiny ($2.3 mil) contract next season, and he could pair well with Foster or Hibbert.

For MIN, we get a somewhat startable defensive center, and we can get a peek to see whether we may want to sign him next season. Even if we don't, we don't give up our cap space, since he's an expiring.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: IND - MIN Rent Rasho 

Post#2 » by C.lupus » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:00 pm

I'd do this one. Rasho could actually play for us, particularly with Al, out. He's serviceable and a vet. I like this better than your NJ deal - I'm just not big on Sean William.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#3 » by Biff Cooper » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:02 pm

Isn't Jason Collins supposed to be more of a defensive center than Rasho? Seems like we are just giving away Smith for 2.2 mil in expiring. Might make sense if coupled with Miller trade for an expiring gets us in a position far enough under the cap. I think we can probably do better with Smith's value.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#4 » by karch34 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:12 pm

I like it.
TDWOLVESFAN
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#5 » by TDWOLVESFAN » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:19 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:Isn't Jason Collins supposed to be more of a defensive center than Rasho?

Maybe so but at least Rasho tries to exert energy when playing. Collins just kind of stands around and waits for something to happen - like maybe the rebound will fall into his hands.

I'd do the trade if Al is going to be out short term, we could still use Rasho in combination with Al or Kevin later in the season. If Al is out long term, I think we should look for someone younger that can maybe contribute next year too while our various draft picks work out their kinks.

Not Sean Williams though.
I've been a fan since the beginning and I will be until my end.
shrink
RealGM

Post#6 » by shrink » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:21 pm

C.lupus wrote:I'd do this one. Rasho could actually play for us, particularly with Al, out. He's serviceable and a vet. I like this better than your NJ deal - I'm just not big on Sean William.

I share your view of Sean Williams.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#7 » by B Calrissian » Mon Feb 9, 2009 5:17 pm

This makes a lot more sense than McCants/Collins for Rasho.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#8 » by Joel Embust » Mon Feb 9, 2009 6:35 pm

You should try and get 24 year old 7-footer Marcin Gortat from the Magic. He'll give you size, rebounds and blocks. Would match well with Love at PF.
shrink
RealGM

Post#9 » by shrink » Mon Feb 9, 2009 6:37 pm

Sonics-FAN wrote:You should try and get 24 year old 7-footer Marcin Gortat from the Magic. He'll give you size, rebounds and blocks. Would match well with Love at PF.

That's not a bad idea at all. I've kept an eye on this guy for some time. We may also be able to get a decent price, since the Magic need more "win-now" talent since they are in a dogfight for home court advantage in the East.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#10 » by john2jer » Mon Feb 9, 2009 6:59 pm

I do this deal for Rasho in a John McCain heartbeat. I don't know if that's fast, slow, or just flat out unpredictable, but I do it anyways.

Collins means nothing, Craigers is a nice player, but no future in Sota, especially with the injury. Rasho is needed to pair with Love, and Al if he comes back soon. I haven't read any updates on his injury if they've been released.

EDIT: Just read the Big Al update. Hello top 3 pick! Make the trade for Rasho. :-( This sucks.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
shrink
RealGM

Post#11 » by shrink » Mon Feb 9, 2009 7:07 pm

Let me ask this "off-the-wall" idea.

Tinsley is probably on the many people's Top Three Least Desirable Contracts list. Last I checked, he's been told to stay home. He's on a three year deal:

2008-09 $6,750,000
2009-10 $7,200,000
2010-11 $7,500,000

Would you consider taking him in a deal like this?

Cardinal + Madsen for Tinsley + Hibbert

We worked so hard to remove those three year deals, but we have a huge hole at PG. Hibbert's a gamble and he's so slow, but he's also so large ..! I doubt IND would do it, but would we?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Feb 9, 2009 7:16 pm

I would not take on his 3rd year. Completely ignoring his cancer like abilities and our gaping hole at PG i still wont make that deal.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#13 » by karch34 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:05 pm

That's a hard contract to swallow for Tinsley. I think he could still provide some help, but not at that price. I think he's more likely to be bought out, so if there was any interest in him we could probably offer a small deal in the offseason. I know it's a way to get Hibbert and I like the thought, but just don't think the overall $ would justify getting him.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#14 » by Biff Cooper » Mon Feb 9, 2009 9:19 pm

TDWOLVESFAN wrote:
Biff Cooper wrote:Isn't Jason Collins supposed to be more of a defensive center than Rasho?

Maybe so but at least Rasho tries to exert energy when playing. Collins just kind of stands around and waits for something to happen - like maybe the rebound will fall into his hands.

I'd do the trade if Al is going to be out short term, we could still use Rasho in combination with Al or Kevin later in the season. If Al is out long term, I think we should look for someone younger that can maybe contribute next year too while our various draft picks work out their kinks.

Not Sean Williams though.

We already know all about Rasho. We can sign him offseason if we so desire. I would prefer we try to bring in someone younger for a look. Pops and/or make a reasonable deal for Gortat, O'Bryant, Fesenko, etc.?
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 11:02 pm

I don't think the Pacers are wiliing to give up Hibbert just yet, but they would surely do Rasho and Tinsley for Collins, & Cardinal. If the Wolves do have a gaping hole at PG Tinsley could be a fairly decent answer, Indiana could take Telfair and Mark Madsen and include a player like Maceo Baston who the Wolves might find useful as well, especially with Jefferson out. Rasho is better than Collins and Tinsley would be better than Telfair though more expenive Baston is better than Cardinal and madson is useless. Wolves could prob. get a couple of 2nds as well. The Pacers are really motivated to move out Tinsley. 8-)
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#16 » by TrentTuckerForever » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 am

Sonics-FAN wrote:You should try and get 24 year old 7-footer Marcin Gortat from the Magic. He'll give you size, rebounds and blocks. Would match well with Love at PF.

And he's POLISH!!! WOOT!!! (my real last name ends in "zky", not "ker.")
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#17 » by Krapinsky » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 am

I actually have liked what I've seen of Gortat. He's very capable.

Tinsley is a flat out N-O. We don't need him giving our youth the Ricky Davis Treatment (Strippers/Chronic).
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves