ImageImageImage

Love stats remainder of the season

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Love stats remainder of the season 

Post#1 » by the_bruce » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm interested in seeing some predictions on Love's stats now that he will be getting FT starter minutes. I'm a bit worried that he isn't conditioned to play 35min a game yet. Plus He will have more plays run for him now and no longer be getting his bread and butter oreb cleanup points so he will be expending even more energy than normal. I suppose it depends if they try and run the offense through him slightly trying to fill Al's role. I'm actually excited to see how the team and the kid respond to this terrible mishap.

pts\reb\ast\stl\blk

From tonights game till end of year....16\12\3\1\1

fyi:
basketball ref has his per 36 @ 14.2\13.3\1.8\.6\.9
Through Jan he averaged 23.9mpg 12.6\10\1.4\.4\.5 (from espn game log)
above time frame averaged per 36 18.9\15\2.1\.6\.6

I actually expect more assists from Love. I think with our roster we have to play small, so I expect outlets to carney galore?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Love stats remainder of the season 

Post#2 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:59 pm

If a couple other players can step up (I'm looking at you Foye and you Miller), then Love will fair much better. Otherwise teams will likely double down on him and it will be a LONG season.
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#3 » by kandiking » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:12 pm

12/12/2.2/.9/1.2 while still shooting at a terrible rate
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#4 » by big3_8_19_21 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:34 pm

He's been shooting 50%+ for about a month and a half...
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#5 » by revprodeji » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Yea, I think 53%

It is all conditioning right now. He is losing weight and gaining some leg strength so he is finishing better.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#6 » by cpfsf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 pm

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=846426

I thought this would be interesting to bring up in this thread, some members made predictions before the NBA season began. I think everyone was close to guessing the right averages (if you exclude some of the APG predictions)

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
kandiking
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by kandiking » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 pm

i know, i just meant compared to his season as a whole thus far. Having to be a bigger scoring presence always leads to poorer FG%. I ain't no hater, if I was I'd complete my posts with "WHAT A TERRIBLE PLAYER MCHAIL GOT FOOLED AGAIN MAYO IS GONMA BE A SUPERSTAR LOL"

And looking at the stats again, 45% for the season is not terrible, just bad, it had been a while since i checked.
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#8 » by TMo519 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Definitely looks in much better shape than earlier in the year, and it's showing. I wouldn't expect his rebounds to increase a whole lot cause he'll likely be expending more effort in the offense because he'll be more of a focal point. I would think his assists would increase as I think he'll have the ball in his hands more. So I'd just bump up his points and assists a little bit.
collin_k41
Analyst

Post#9 » by collin_k41 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

I was reading a Sports Illustrated today at the oral surgeon's office to pick up my roomate from wisdom tooth removal and they talked about OJ Mayo and how he wants to play point guard and how good he is, then just trashed Love and said something like, lack of athletic ability, below average defender but is smart, above average passing and rebounding but they said you should expect more from a #5 pick. This was an issue from like a week before the superbowl so about 3 weeks ago but still, that's total BS. I'm really happy with Love so far and am excited to see what he can become. Is he even 20 yet???? Quit hating.

As for his stats the rest of the way it will be hard to predict. The opposing team's best bigman won't be guarding Al anymore so that kind of worries me. I can tell he's adjusted more to the NBA game as of late and doesn't get blocked as much etc. but I think there will be another learning curve when it comes to the opposing team's best post-defender. I expect him to put up absolutely crazy rebounding numbers though. Another worry stated before is the conditioning thing. Let's hope for the best and see what ol' Kevin Love can do!! Love Unleashed!!!
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#10 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:13 pm

cpfsf wrote:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=846426

I thought this would be interesting to bring up in this thread, some members made predictions before the NBA season began. I think everyone was close to guessing the right averages (if you exclude some of the APG predictions)

I was at least close on the scoring. I grossly underestimated his rebounding, though.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#11 » by fattymcgee » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 pm

I expect his rebound numbers to go up slightly due to more minutes, specifically more defensive rebounds and less offensive rebounds because he won't be cleaning up after Al anymore. I expect him to get more shots and have some offense run through him so his scoring should go up, but the FG% will drop. Assists and TO's should also increase with more offense going through him.

At 35min/game I'd guess: 15pts 12rb 45%fg 2.5ast for the rest of the season.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#12 » by deeney0 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm

It'll be interesting to see what happenes if he ends up getting doubled on a regular basis. One could theorize he might already be a better passer out of the double than Al is.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#13 » by cpfsf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:10 pm

12.6 PPG 5.9 RPG 1.5 APG

Gotta pat myself on the back, I was kind of close. Since Big Al is now MIA, my rebounding prediction will suffer. Few even predicted how good a rebounder KLove really would become. I guess that means everyone will compensate by predicting he will average 20-10 next year :lol:

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#14 » by casey » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:48 pm

18/13
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#15 » by theGreatRC » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:17 am

cpfsf wrote:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=846426

I am so sorry for underrating Kevin Love as a basketball player. I think I was still bitter.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves