ImageImageImage

Wolves GM Jim Stack breaks down the trade.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: Wolves GM Jim Stack breaks down the trade. 

Post#41 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:51 am

So what your telling me is that Willyams should be playing the 3 for us?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#42 » by john2jer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:11 pm

4ho5ive wrote:So what your telling me is that Willyams should be playing the 3 for us?

Only when Gomes and Cookie are playing the 4/5, otherwise he's clearly a 2.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#43 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 pm

mnWI wrote:
Rashoismydad wrote:
mandurugo wrote:One of the reasons that Ben Wallace was unsuccessful early on is that teams were trying to play him as a wing player, a 2 or a 3. Since he can't dribble or shoot, that didn't work out so well despite his athleticism. But it does show how badly a player can be miscast even at a professional level and placed on the right team dramatically improve as he is used properly.

I find it hard to believe any coach, at any level let alone the professional level, would ever try to play ben wallace as anything but a 4 or a 5. Sorry, it would never happen.

The Boston Celtics have invited him to a summer league. He plays well, but they keep using him as a small forward. They have him running around on the perimeter. It's not his thing. He wants to play inside. But he doesn't complain. He doesn't talk much, period.

http://media.www.theeastcarolinian.com/ ... 8847.shtml
Congrats on talking out of your ass.

It is pretty unbelievable in hindsight. Doesn't help my comparison, though. I don't think the Landlord's been playing at the 3... that's not his problem. If ATL and SAC asked him to be a defensive-minded 4/5 and he couldn't do it, I guess I'm less optimistic that he can do it in MN. He's already had one change of scenery. More minutes might help him, but I'm not holding my breath.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves