9 PPG 5.7 RPG 3.7 APG
.47 FG% .34 3P%

Stats after the injury (5 games)
13.8 PPG 6.6 RPG 5.8 APG
.54 FG% .43 3P%

Stats last year
16.4 PPG 6.7 RPG 3.4 APG
.5 FG% .43 3P%

My view is as long as Big Al is down, Miller is going to step up and have stats which are going to compare pretty well to his numbers last season and will certainly do what we expected of him before the Mayo-Love trade. It certainly won't hurt IF we want to deal him for someone else next year.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: Mike Miller by the numbers 

Post#2 » by shrink » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Interesting numbers .. thanks for putting that together cpfsf.

I think these people that rip on Miller miss the fact that he is an excellent all-around player, and expected a volume-three-point shooting stereoype.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#3 » by casey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:21 pm

I would hardly call it excellent, unless you're comparing it to the rest of this team. I expected a volume scorer, relatively speaking (as past years would suggest). Somewhere near the 18.5ppg he put up two years ago. Yet in 46 games he's only scored more than that twice. Twice. I expected more 20 points games out of him than Rodney Carney, Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Rashad McCants, Craig Smith, and Sebastian Telfair combined. Yet he doesn't have more than any one of those players individually. Anybody saying he sucks obviously isn't paying attention, because he's very valuable in some aspects. But anybody saying he's played up to expectations either had amazingly low expectations or has developed an addiction to crack.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Are you discriminating against crack addicts?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:56 pm

Did I miss the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
casey
General Manager

Post#6 » by casey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:57 pm

There's one at 6 too.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#7 » by Calinks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:02 am

casey wrote:I would hardly call it excellent, unless you're comparing it to the rest of this team. I expected a volume scorer, relatively speaking (as past years would suggest). Somewhere near the 18.5ppg he put up two years ago. Yet in 46 games he's only scored more than that twice. Twice. I expected more 20 points games out of him than Rodney Carney, Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Rashad McCants, Craig Smith, and Sebastian Telfair combined. Yet he doesn't have more than any one of those players individually. Anybody saying he sucks obviously isn't paying attention, because he's very valuable in some aspects. But anybody saying he's played up to expectations either had amazingly low expectations or has developed an addiction to crack.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 am

casey wrote:I would hardly call it excellent, unless you're comparing it to the rest of this team. I expected a volume scorer, relatively speaking (as past years would suggest). Somewhere near the 18.5ppg he put up two years ago. Yet in 46 games hes only scored more than that twice. Twice. I expected more 20 points games out of him than Rodney Carney, Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Rashad McCants, Craig Smith, and Sebastian Telfair combined. Yet he doesn't have more than any one of those players individually. Anybody saying he sucks obviously isn't paying attention, because he's very valuable in some aspects. But anybody saying he's played up to expectations either had amazingly low expectations or has developed an addiction to crack.

=omg oden is so great

=another typical blazer nut hugger post from casey
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#9 » by Calinks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:59 am

OMGWTF, Devilz=John Forbes Nash from A Beautiful Mind!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
casey wrote:I would hardly call it excellent, unless you're comparing it to the rest of this team. I expected a volume scorer, relatively speaking (as past years would suggest). Somewhere near the 18.5ppg he put up two years ago. Yet in 46 games hes only scored more than that twice. Twice. I expected more 20 points games out of him than Rodney Carney, Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Rashad McCants, Craig Smith, and Sebastian Telfair combined. Yet he doesn't have more than any one of those players individually. Anybody saying he sucks obviously isn't paying attention, because he's very valuable in some aspects. But anybody saying he's played up to expectations either had amazingly low expectations or has developed an addiction to crack.

=omg oden is so great

Probably the funniest thing I've ever read
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
casey
General Manager

Post#11 » by casey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:

=omg oden is so great

Touché.

You 1, Me 0.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:31 am

actually, I'm also the guy who cut you off on I 94 yesterday, then flipped you the bird while speeding away laughing

me 2, you 0

but come to think of it, I bet you're the one who took the last Vine tomato cluster at Rainbow yesterday when you know that I don't eat that Roma tomato garbage.

Me 2, you 1. I'm onto your psychological attacks bud
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:30 am

oh dear god...
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#14 » by GopherIt! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:49 am

Beautiful Mind??? I think Devilz may have just cracked the Da Vinci Code.

casey wrote:I would hardly call it excellent, unless you're comparing it to the rest of this team. I expected a volume scorer, relatively speaking (as past years would suggest). Somewhere near the 18.5ppg he put up two years ago. Yet in 46 games he's only scored more than that twice. Twice. I expected more 20 points games out of him than Rodney Carney, Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Rashad McCants, Craig Smith, and Sebastian Telfair combined. Yet he doesn't have more than any one of those players individually. Anybody saying he sucks obviously isn't paying attention, because he's very valuable in some aspects. But anybody saying he's played up to expectations either had amazingly low expectations or has developed an addiction to crack.

six 6 six
poRtland
illuminati
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#15 » by john2jer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 pm

GopherIt! wrote:Beautiful Mind??? I think Devilz may have just cracked the Da Vinci Code.

six 6 six
poRtland
illuminati

This thread has put me in tears from laughter. Hilarious.

Still not sure what casey has against crack addicts, though.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
casey
General Manager

Post#16 » by casey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm surprised it's taken you guys this long to figure out I type in code.

As far as crack goes. Yeah, right> Freak man, you really want me to defend that position?
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
casey
General Manager

Post#17 » by casey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:24 pm

casey wrote:As far as crack goes. Yeah, right> Freak man, you really want me to defend that position?

Really, nobody?
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#18 » by Frozen316 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Drugs and alcohol are fail

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves