ImageImageImage

Lets discuss Ryan Gomes

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

hotshotschamp
Rookie
And1: 14

Lets discuss Ryan Gomes 

Post#1 » by hotshotschamp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

As of late he has been a very consistent performer, putting in 5 straight games of 20+ points. He seems to be a very calming influence out there, never gets rattled.

He's not a freak athletically, but can hit open jumpers with relative consistency, can drive and penetrate and has decent handles.

Do you guys see him more as a starting nba caliber player, or a very good bench player. I am very happen with Mr. Gomes, I no longer view him as a throw in piece in the KG trade, but more as a key component of the trade, with Al Jefferson obviously being the main piece.

Discuss...

PS last 5 games stats

22.6 pts
6.8 rebs
2.4 assists
1.2 steals

11-21 on 3 pt shots, and 80% free throws.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Lets discuss Ryan Gomes 

Post#2 » by collin_k41 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:14 pm

I like that you brought this up as it seems Gomes has been putting up good numbers lately very quietly. I don't know why he's been so consistent. That's one of the things that irked me for most of this season because Gomes would just have games where he's completely non-existant and others where he scores in the upper teens. I don't know if this is all a product of Al going down or not, but I hope he keeps up the consistency so when Al gets back we know we can count on him for 12ish points a game.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#3 » by deeney0 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:37 pm

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I feel so disrespected. :-(
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves