Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,987

Two Interesting Wolves Articles 

Post#1 » by shrink » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:06 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

The plan calls for lowering prices on 95 percent of season tickets in Target Center and gives fans who buy season tickets between March 2 and July 1 even deeper discounts. It also gives buyers the option of paying over nine months with 0 percent financing.

The overall price of the upper deck tickets will drop 44 percent and seats in the lower bowl of the arena will be cut more than 11 percent under the new plan.

Under the new pricing structure, 4,700 season tickets in the upper bowl can be purchased for $5 apiece, while 2,500 in the lower bowl are priced at $20 or less per game.

Any season-ticket holder who loses their job in 2009 will be refunded the money for unused tickets.

Yet after trading Kevin Garnett in July 2007 and dumping several other unsavory long-term contracts, the billionaire owner said the team is in good shape financially and he has no intention to sell.

“Without knowing the difficult economic times that are coming, we have positioned ourselves very well for that,” said Taylor, who reiterated his hope that Kevin McHale will return as coach next season. “By that I mean we have contracts coming off each year and we have the ability to go off and get free agents.”

Late last month word came that the league had lined up an extra $200 million to distribute to teams looking to offset costs. Taylor said the team would not need to tap into that money, but also said if they did need extra cash, he would go to a local bank rather than that pool
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Re: Two Interesting Wolves Articles 

Post#2 » by kandiking » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:13 am

Though he's not the best owner, I have to hand it to Taylor. He's never threatened to move the team even when it's losing money, that's something I wish we could say about half the franchises in the state.

But then again Minnesota basketball has already moved to LA...
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Re: Two Interesting Wolves Articles 

Post#3 » by moofs » Thu Mar 5, 2009 7:01 pm

shrink wrote:
Under the new pricing structure, 4,700 season tickets in the upper bowl can be purchased for $5 apiece, while 2,500 in the lower bowl are priced at $20 or less per game.

Any season-ticket holder who loses their job in 2009 will be refunded the money for unused tickets.

That's beyond awesome. Consider Houston jealous. (or at least just me)

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/houston_rockets/
Our lower bowl starts at $47, not aware if we have the refund thing, but doubt it.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves