ImageImageImage

Wolves getting respect from the officials?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Wolves getting respect from the officials? 

Post#1 » by john2jer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Or is Larry Brown going insane?

I missed the game, but I couldn't help but laugh at this from the wiretap.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57943/20090316/brown_bobcats_dont_get_respect_from_refs/

Larry Brown wrote:"A couple of crucial times (each game), we don't get a call," Brown said Sunday. "Emeka (Okafor) gets murdered in a six-point game, (Minnesota's Randy) Foye walks terribly in a big play – twice, not once."
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Re: Wolves getting respect from the officials? 

Post#2 » by B Calrissian » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:20 pm

He was probably just using that game as an example. Plus I am sure he is mad that the Knicks beat the Wolves the night before. That is a tight race in the east. I hope the Bulls and Knicks don't make it. I would rather see the Bucks(they need money & I am from WI), Pacers(also need money), or the Bobcats(I love their frontline, Wallace/Diaw/Okafor) in the playoffs.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#3 » by Krapinsky » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 pm

It seems bonafide foul and traveling calls have gone down this year, while technicals have gone up.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,292

Post#4 » by Calinks » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm

It's how it is. If you are a crap low market team that nobody cares about you aren't going to get calls for ****.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:45 pm

fine him $50,000
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Frozen316 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:42 pm

You get a technical foul for tossing the ball to the sideline for the inbounds play now, as evidenced last night.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#7 » by funkatron101 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Frozen316 wrote:You get a technical foul for tossing the ball to the sideline for the inbounds play now, as evidenced last night.

:x

Also, our opponents now are allowed to:
hold the net, so our shots bounce out;
hit our players in the face, mistaking it for the ball;
get a foul call without being touched, as long as their layup attempt fails.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Frozen316
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Frozen316 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Oh right, forgot those. I hope I can get clips of these instances.
benshizzle
Junior

Post#9 » by benshizzle » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:43 am

it would be hard to get respect from anyone including refs if you are the laughing stock of the nba
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#10 » by collin_k41 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Well if the refs don't respect us (which they obviously don't) I say we focus on making other teams respect us. Don't be dirty but foul REALLY hard and when someone goes to take a charge don't slow down, and lower your shoulder and make them pay. We wouldn't have a good reputation but at least we would have some sort of reputation. Let the reign of the Terrorwolves begin!!! Or if that doesn't sound too hip I vote Mark Madsen tomb-stone-pile-drives a ref..that'll make em' think twice before shafting us again.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,292

Post#11 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:36 pm

I'd like to be known as the team that kicks peoples asses on D and pisses people off. Those teams never stay scrubby. By being hard noses that alone gets them to the playoffs. It would be really funny if Foye became the dirtiest player in the game. We just look too happy go lucky to pull that kind of team off. I can't see Corey Brewer busting someones dome open. Maybe he will do it with a sick smile in a joker-esque way.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#12 » by john2jer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:54 pm

collin_k41 wrote:Well if the refs don't respect us (which they obviously don't) I say we focus on making other teams respect us. Don't be dirty but foul REALLY hard and when someone goes to take a charge don't slow down, and lower your shoulder and make them pay. We wouldn't have a good reputation but at least we would have some sort of reputation. Let the reign of the Terrorwolves begin!!! Or if that doesn't sound too hip I vote Mark Madsen tomb-stone-pile-drives a ref..that'll make em' think twice before shafting us again.

Mark Madsen's nickname IS The Phenom.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves