ImageImageImage

Corey Brewer

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Corey Brewer 

Post#1 » by Joel Embust » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 pm

I almost forgot about this guy with Ryan Gomes playing so well.

Corey was the 7th pick in a very good draft. He just hasn't had luck on his side lately. Do you see him as your starting SF and would you like to keep him around? Is this kid in your future plans?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: Corey Brewer 

Post#2 » by john2jer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Sonics-FAN wrote:I almost forgot about this guy with Ryan Gomes playing so well.

Corey was the 7th pick in a very good draft. He just hasn't had luck on his side lately. Do you see him as your starting SF and would you like to keep him around? Is this kid in your future plans?

Coach McHale seems to have him in the doghouse, considering he hasn't played in forever. Not sure what the kid did, maybe he threatened to steal the nude pics with farm animals that McHale has of Taylor allowing him to keep his job.

Play the kid, McHale. We want Brewer! I alost put an "S" at the end of that, that would have been a monumental mistake. No one wants the Brewers, not even Milwaukee.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Brewer needs to improve his jump shot and tighten his handles. I am a Brewer fan and I still consider him a starting 2/3. At worse he can be an energetic defensive wing off the bench. He is clearly part of our long term plans.

He injuried his knee and is out for the year, that is why you have not seen much of him.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#4 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Honestly, we just have to be patient. Once his metabolism slows down, he will be an elite force from the 3 spot.

Sorry, Rev, once again, I could not resist.

I do still hold out hope for C-Brew. It seemed he was finally adjusting to the tempo of the pro game when he got injured. I'm curious to see how he bounces back.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#5 » by revprodeji » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:38 pm

How old are you Dr.K?

My point was that after the college age (24-25ish) metaboism does slow down and in some that can lead to an easier time adding weight and muscle mass. Only reason i can think that you would find a medical argument to be funny is if you were too young to experience that change. Sure they talk about it in high school. :D
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
john2jer
RealGM

Post#6 » by john2jer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:51 pm

revprodeji wrote:How old are you Dr.K?

My point was that after the college age (24-25ish) metaboism does slow down and in some that can lead to an easier time adding weight and muscle mass. Only reason i can think that you would find a medical argument to be funny is if you were too young to experience that change. Sure they talk about it in high school. :D

Unless he's Doogie Howser, he has to be at least 25, doesn't he? I mean the time going through med school and whatnot? Dr. K is a realy doctor, right?

My metabolism is still jacked up and I'm counting down to 29 right now. I think about working out and I drop 10 pounds. Although I'm not at the tiny 140 I was all through high school, I'm about 165-170 now and only cause I have an extra pound of muscle or two. I have to seriously monitor my weight when I work out or I'll drop too much too fast. I drink protein shakes by the gallon most of the time, and eat like a pig. I think I have tapeworm, or cancer.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:24 pm

I wish I still had the metabolism of when I was 22. I used to be able to put away a whole pizza and a 12 pack of brew, now I have to cut down to about 1000 calories per day in the winter to keep from gaining weight.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:03 pm

The thing with metabolism is that it's largely genetic and everyone is different. While the majority of people might see their metabolism slow as they get older, some may actually see it speed up. One reason people see their metabolism slow down as they get older is because their body adjusts to being less active-- they get desk jobs, stop working out, etc. This is not Corey Brewer.

As for your age pondering, I'm 25. But the doctor, as you mentioned J2J, is for juris doctor

john2jer
RealGM

Post#9 » by john2jer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:The thing with metabolism is that it's largely genetic and everyone is different. While the majority of people might see their metabolism slow as they get older, some may actually see it speed up. One reason people see their metabolism slow down as they get older is because their body adjusts to being less active-- they get desk jobs, stop working out, etc. This is not Corey Brewer.

As for your age pondering, I'm 25. But the doctor, as you mentioned J2J, is for juris doctor

I hate when people use words that require me to google them to find the definition. So you have your doctorate in law?
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#10 » by big3_8_19_21 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Corey Brewer has his doctorate in defense.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#11 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Law and Funk.

Krapinsky, Esquire didn't have the same ring to it.

john2jer
RealGM

Post#12 » by john2jer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:Law and Funk.

I always just figured your were a Proctologist. An ass man. :P
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#13 » by B Calrissian » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:56 pm

john2jer wrote:

The assman?

john2jer
RealGM

Post#14 » by john2jer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:57 pm

The
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#15 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:58 pm

B Calrissian wrote:
john2jer wrote:

The assman?

:lol:

That's what my buddies called me in college. I had a pension for ladies in that regard.

casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#16 » by casey » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Sonics-FAN wrote:He just hasn't had luck on his side lately.

Or talent.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#17 » by Frozen316 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Injuries are a waste of time, professional sports players should stop getting them :E
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#18 » by Joel Embust » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:31 pm

revprodeji wrote:Brewer needs to improve his jump shot and tighten his handles. I am a Brewer fan and I still consider him a starting 2/3. At worse he can be an energetic defensive wing off the bench. He is clearly part of our long term plans.

He injuried his knee and is out for the year, that is why you have not seen much of him.

Yeah, knew he was out for the year. I hope he recovers well and works on his jumpshot and shot selection. He already was hitting threepointers occassionally at the start of the season. Good to hear he's in your future plans.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#19 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:09 am

Frozen316 wrote:Injuries are a waste of time, professional sports players should stop getting them :E

I disagree. It gives them time to work on their golf game and to practice carrying guns around.
Steve_Holiday
Pro Prospect
And1: 51

Post#20 » by Steve_Holiday » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:54 am

Corey Brewer's injury was the best thing to happen to the Wolves' offense this season.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves