Post#21 » by RolloTommasi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:00 am

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Corey Brewer 

Post#22 » by C.lupus » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm

RolloTommasi wrote:http://www.photonhunter.co.uk/~art/potw/bricks.jpg

If you put a bunch of bricks together, what do you have?

A foundation, baby!

Brewer is the bricks and Madsen is the mortar.
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Frozen316 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm

the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#24 » by the_bruce » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:14 pm

I like him a ton and he certainly improved his shooting from what I saw this season. To me he's always projected to be more of a 2 as he seems to be able to defend 1/2/3's, if he can put on some weight and learn stuff like....he's a bit to out of control when taking it to the rack, has no post up game, just learned how to spot up shoot when wide open this year, can't finish through any sort of contact, his ball handling isn't that great, etc.

The only thing good I can say about coreys game is hes a suprisingly good rebounder/defender/passer/HIGH BBIQ and has plenty of room for improvement in virtually every aspect of the game. He looks so unpolished in most aspects of the game it astounds me that he makes the impact he does.

I was originally mifed at the Brewer pick as I wanted Thornton or TYoung. But If Brewer improves his game where he is lacking he's probably better than both these guys, if he doesn't improve ever he's certainly a Defensive 6th man who can knock down shots at crunch time in the 4th.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#25 » by Krapinsky » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Brewer is already better than Thornton. Don't be persuaded by his box scores alone, Thornton really brings nothing to his team. I like Young but he might always be a tweener in the Travis Outlaw mold.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#26 » by revprodeji » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Dr.k---either we think alike, or you are mocking me. (*except Young is offense and Outlaw is more def)
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#27 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:05 pm

he's a Wolf now and he's by all accounts a really cool person so it'd be great if he can keep taking his defense to another level and make the defense account for him offensively, doesn't need to be a big time offensive weapon though if he concentrates on D.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#28 » by Krapinsky » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 pm

revprodeji wrote:Dr.k---either we think alike, or you are mocking me. (*except Young is offense and Outlaw is more def)

MOCK... YEAH (si)
BIRD.... YEAH (si)

Mocking bird, have you heard,
She's going to bu-a-ay me a mocking bird, (mocking bird),
And if that mocking bird don't sing, (bird don't sing),
She's going to bu-a-ay me a di-i-i-amond ring, (diamond ring),
And if that diamond ring don't shine....

Well you get the point, but no, definitely no mockery here. Although I'm not huge on Brewer thus far, like you, I still see untapped potential (I just think he's further away than becoming a faster metabolizer). With Thornton, I only see destruction. As far as Outlaw/Young, I think Outlaw may be better at both ends right now. I still like Young though.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves