Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

wolves/wizards/raptors or other team with cap space 

Post#1 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:46 pm

wolves out: mia pick, bos pick, rights to pekovic**********in: andray blatche

wizards out: blatche, e.thomas******** in: bos pick

raptors out:2nd rd pick or whatever****** in e.thomas, mia pick, rights to pekovic.

I think the perfect compliment bigman both to jefferson and klove is kevin garnett, of course, he is not available, but wolves should look for players in the similar mold: long, athletic, mobile, good versitile defenders, able to play away from the paint on offense. andray blatche is a poor man's garnett, but his still 21-22 y.o. and has potenrial to improve, signed to cheap long term deal, can step right away play the defensive role next to jefferson or love.
wizards have 6 bigman under contact and facing lux tax, so unloading ethan's contract using blatche as an incentive is an option for them.
a third team like toronto, or okc and memphis, willing to take on salary for 1 year in exchange for picks and prospects will be needed to complete the deal.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: wolves/wizards/raptors or other team with cap space 

Post#2 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:49 pm

james harden wrote:wolves out: mia pick, bos pick, rights to pekovic**********in: andray blatche

raptors out:2nd rd pick or whatever****** in e.thomas, mia pick, rights to pekovic.

I think the perfect compliment bigman both to jefferson and klove is kevin garnett, of course, he is not available, but wolves should look for players in the similar mold: long, athletic, mobile, good versitile defenders, able to play away from the paint on offense. andray blatche is a poor man's garnett, but his still 21-22 y.o. and has potenrial to improve, signed to cheap long term deal, can step right away play the defensive role next to jefferson or love.
wizards have 6 bigman under contact and facing lux tax, so unloading ethan's contract using blatche as an incentive is an option for them.
a third team like toronto, or okc and memphis, willing to take on salary for 1 year in exchange for picks and prospects will be needed to complete the deal.

This is blasphemy.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:49 pm

You must be rather high on Blatche
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#4 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 pm

revprodeji wrote:You must be rather high on Blatche

maybe a little, but i am sure he will help jefferson and love more than the guy in your sig, the same very guy who makes more money in europe than blatche in nba and will want more money to come to nba.
and i don't say blatche=kg, but 3 mil/year isn't 20+mil/year, 21y.o isn't 32y.o. blatche right now is defensive minded role player on a cheap contract that can improve.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#5 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:
james harden wrote:wolves out: mia pick, bos pick, rights to pekovic**********in: andray blatche

This is blasphemy.

and poor man's means similar but worse in comparison to somebody.

if you can get a guy with mia pick who can give you the same impact as blatche, then it's a good draft choice.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#6 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:16 pm

james harden wrote:

if you can get a guy with mia pick who can give you the same impact as blatche, then it's a good draft choice.

Hahahahaaha

Didn't mean to confuse you. My point was even comparing them at all is going too far. I haven't seen much of Blatche, but I thought he was closer to a poor man's Stromile Swift than a poor man's Kevin Garnett.

What kind of impact are we talking about? He plays with Butler and Jamison and his team has a worse record than the Wolves.

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#7 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:
james harden wrote:

Hahahahaaha

Didn't mean to confuse you. My point was even comparing them at all is going too far. I haven't seen much of Blatche, but I thought he was closer to a poor man's Stromile Swift than a poor man's Kevin Garnett.

What kind of impact are we talking about? He plays with Butler and Jamison and his team has a worse record than the Wolves.

well, you haven't seen much of blatche and yet you make your conclusion out of what???

and as far as i know wizards swept wolves this season, and in a rather embarassing way in target center, blatche looked as very solid defensive player to me, atleast wolves don't have such players on their roster.
look i am sorry i compared him to allmighty KG, but his skillset is beneficial next to other wolves bigmen, you may not find such player even with mia pick in this draft
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:41 pm

james harden wrote:
Dr.Krapinsky wrote:
james harden wrote:

Hahahahaaha

well, you haven't seen much of blatche and yet you make your conclusion out of what???

and as far as i know wizards swept wolves this season, and in a rather embarassing way in target center, blatche looked as very solid defensive player to me, atleast wolves don't have such players on their roster.
look i am sorry i compared him to allmighty KG, but his skillset is beneficial next to other wolves bigmen, you may not find such player even with mia pick in this draft

I didn't mean anything by it, and yes, admittedly I am definitely a KG rube.

Can you tell me more about Blatche-- how's his man to man D? Is he strictly a weak side defender? Can he knock down spot up jump shots from 16-18 feet? Does he have any go to low post moves?

Would you rather have him then say, BJ Mullens?

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#9 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 pm

mullens may not be available at mia pick, plus is so raw, and his defense right now is awfull.

as far as blatche: he can definitely knock dowm a midrange jumper and attack of the dribble, he has speed of a pf but length of a center, 6-11, 250 lbs, long arms, good athletism, not much low post scoring, decent passer, can guard pf and center, blocks shots but not a crazy shot blocker. thats why i said poor man's kg, his main downside is inconsistance.

here a post from wizards board about blatche:

Poor man's Garnett is about right. He certainly isn't anywhere near as good as Garnett, but his type of game is really very similar, except Blatche isn't as physical. Like Garnett, Blatche has a well-rounded game but isn't a go-to scorer. In spurts, he has shown above-average skills for a PF in nearly every facet of the game: rebounding, passing, shooting, posting up, handling, defense, you name it. His problem is that he is so damn inconsistent, and he doesn't work hard enough in the weight room or the film room.

The best thing Blatche has going for him is that he signed a really cheap, long-term contract. Any other player whose actual talent so far exceeds his current production would be hated by now. But with Blatche, the Wizards have the luxury of keeping him on the bench, playing him when he produces, and sitting him when he doesn't. Basically, he's an above-average backup big man who can start in a pinch; yet he is paid like a 10 mpg role player.

The good news is that he is just 22 and younger than everybody on the team except McGee and Crittenton. It's still possible that he'll mature out of the "knucklehead phase" of his life and finally develop some more professionalism.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves