Reasons To Stay Positive

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Re: Reasons To Stay Positive 

Post#41 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:09 am

Timberwolves front office: The game done changed...
Every other team in the NBA: Game's the same, just got more fierce.

All this has happened before and all this will happen again.

-If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

-The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

-It’s what you get from games you lose that is extremely important.

-Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

-We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.

-Love never fails; Character never quits; and with patience and persistence; Dreams do come true.

-You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.

-If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.

-I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot...and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed.

-The only time you define your character is when you go without. In times of hardship, you find out what you're made of and what you're capable of. If you're never tested, you'll never define your character.

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#42 » by C.lupus » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Calinks3 wrote:
-Love never fails; Character never quits; and with patience and persistence; Dreams do come true.

We need to draft this Character guy to put on the floor with Kevin. I want someone who never quites. Unfortunately, Dream has already retired. Maybe Big Al can take that role.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#43 » by revprodeji » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 pm

You know that most of that is 1 corth 13.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#44 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

fibs
Dandy
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#45 » by Dandy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Minnesota is in business with NBA Basketball, so we always can get better.
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer
And1: 49

Post#46 » by LOBO 7 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:42 pm

Here's one: Sometimes knee injuries have a silver lining and turn players into better shooters, due to the fact that for months and months it is the only basketball activity rehabbing players can do. What if Brewer comes back a lights-out shooter and Al develops an all-day stroke from 15 feet? :)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#47 » by shrink » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:48 pm

I used the time I would have spent watching the MIN-PHI game to watch Boondock Saints, and it was spectacular. Thanks for the recommendation, rev and others.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#48 » by shrink » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Every loss improves our chances of the #1 pick, and while I'm sure you've noted how that would help the Wolves, you're probably all focused on how it would effect shrink.

It would be trade-offer-city in here! Massive offers for the #1! Massive offers for Love! Massive offers for Al Jefferson!

When we lose, don't think about the team, the players or even yourself. Concentrate on how it affects me!
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#49 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Apr 7, 2009 7:12 pm

I had a dream about having a dream where we lotto'd the #2 pick and Rubio was vacationing at a nude beach resort in Andalusia w/ hawteez everywhere when his agent drives up on a small motor scooter fitted w/ special sand tires w/ the news that he was a lock to play for the Wolves and Rubio blurted out "sabrocito!!!!" and they both started laughing and wrestling in the sand, but then they bumped into the little table Rubio had setup on the beach and Rubio's virgin Sangria cocktail spilled and his agent was like "my fault" (en espanol tho) and Rubio said it was okay, but you could tell he was kinda pissed
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,836

Post#50 » by Zeitgeister » Tue Apr 7, 2009 10:18 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I had a dream about having a dream where we lotto'd the #2 pick and Rubio was vacationing at a nude beach resort in Andalusia w/ hawteez everywhere when his agent drives up on a small motor scooter fitted w/ special sand tires w/ the news that he was a lock to play for the Wolves and Rubio blurted out "sabrocito!!!!" and they both started laughing and wrestling in the sand, but then they bumped into the little table Rubio had setup on the beach and Rubio's virgin Sangria cocktail spilled and his agent was like "my fault" (en espanol tho) and Rubio said it was okay, but you could tell he was kinda pissed

I have to hand it to you, you're a pretty funny guy.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#51 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:45 am

I could completely imagine Rubio giving that slightly disgruntled look in the dream. That makes me happy inside.
Twizman
Rookie
And1: 22

Post#52 » by Twizman » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:57 am

lol nice one

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves