Analyst
And1: 57

Re: Your mission: build a contender for the playoffs next season 

Post#41 » by the_bruce » Sun Apr 5, 2009 7:39 am

easy.

2 trades...
Kirk
Chandler
out: cards. gomes. cookie, madsen, bassy would be close on salary once byc ends on gomes & smith

Chand
Al\Love
Miller
Foye\Brewer
Kirk

picks whoever.

....Or Kirk for expirings + RJ for x and pick swap and Noah for Foye swap or something

Al\Noah
Love
RJ
Miller
Kirk

Basicly bring in 3rd big that is athletic and good for 20 mins a game. Draft guards with picks. Keep miller and Get vets. I don't like noah but he can hustle and such.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#42 » by C.lupus » Sun Apr 5, 2009 2:12 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
Someone help me fill the blanks in:

PG - Hinrich
SG - _______?
SF - _______?
PF - Jefferson
C - Thabeet?

PG - Hinrich
SG - Brewer
SF - Miller
PF - Jefferson
C - Thabeet

with backups:
PG - Evans
SG - Foye
SF - Gomes
PF - Love

That's not a bad team.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#43 » by revprodeji » Sun Apr 5, 2009 6:44 pm

I am re-watching the Florida/UCLA game right now. I am so excited for brewer to come back. His offensive play making is underrated.

Could you imagine the hurt we would put on passing lanes with Brewer and Rubio?
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#44 » by skorff26 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 3:30 pm

Next year is not the year to build a playoff contending team.

Reasons not to.
1. If we were to get an upgrade at a position, that player would almost certainly have a long term deal. In the next 2 years, cap space is going to be extremely valuable, so I think we should try to keep it until the summer of 2010 or the 2009-2010 trade deadline where it will be worth even more than it is now because of the demand for it and trade it away then, or use it to sign someone that we want as a free agent. (if we want guys like hinrich, we could get him for even cheaper at either summer of 2010 or tradedealine of 09-10)
2. If we are to make the playoffs, Jefferson would have to have a great year which would mean a lot of minutes; but he's coming off of his injury. I would much rather play it very safe with Jefferson to seriously reduce the risk of another injury even if that means he only plays 15 minutes a game or he sits out some games to rest instead of relying on him to guide us to the playoffs.
3. Because of the summer of 2010, I have a feeling that there will be drastic changes in the standings from 2009-2010 to 2010-2011 because of the amount of players that will end up switching teams. I think that is when we should make our move to become a contender.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves