ImageImageImage

is foye done for the season?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

is foye done for the season? 

Post#1 » by cedric76 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 9:37 am

do u think u ll rest him for the rest of season?
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: is foye done for the season? 

Post#2 » by Basti » Sun Apr 5, 2009 10:09 am

I haven't heard anything yet about a season ending injury but he's had problems with his hip before so I assume they won't play him many minutes if any at all.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Sun Apr 5, 2009 6:45 pm

Yea, the hip injury has been there for a while and he has played thru it until recently. I am not sure sir.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,325

Post#4 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 5, 2009 6:56 pm

I relaly doubt it. McHale has seemed fairly confident that Foye will play again. think from a fan relations standpoint they also don't want Foye to end the season like this as a lot of fans will be thinking negatively about him. Already people are wanting him moved and they have solid reasoning behind it. If he plays a few more games and does well he will leave a more positive last impression. If his hip is that messed up he wont play but I think they will do what they can to try in get him back in for a few more games.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#5 » by revprodeji » Sun Apr 5, 2009 7:03 pm

I cannot get over how inconsistent Foye was this year.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#6 » by Basti » Sun Apr 5, 2009 10:39 pm

revprodeji wrote:I cannot get over how inconsistent Foye was this year.

I guess nobody can
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Frozen316 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:28 am

I had him on my fantasy team up until a game or two before he went on the injured list. :-?
Twizman
Rookie
And1: 22

Post#8 » by Twizman » Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:47 am

Everything will turn out for the best eventually.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#9 » by Foye » Mon Apr 6, 2009 10:26 am

I just do not see Foye being a franchise guy or even a 2nd option...

I have no doubts that Foye could be our SG-starter for years to come. Foye is an above average nba player, but not a star. No team can consist only of stars so I'm completely fine that he can do the job at SG.

What I like most of Foye is that he is clutch and does not refuse to take responsibility late in the 4th quarter but he really really needs to get more consistent and somehow manage to stay healthy
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#10 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:41 am

Foye can still be a good starter if he works on his endurance so he can D up every possession for 48 minutes and always have energy to beat a guy off the dribble, but for the moment he shouldn't stop the Wolves from adding a guard at either spot.

I still want to keep Foye as a 6th man at worst though, and hopefully he'll still work out as a PG starter w/ a playmaker 2 guard like Harden or Evans, or SG next to a guy like Rubio or Lawson
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#11 » by mandurugo » Mon Apr 6, 2009 1:04 pm

If you want him to beat guys off the dribble you better have him start working on his left hand a bit. A running floater going right isn't going to become more effective over time when it's your only move to the basket. It's too bad he can't jump from the dribble - between his size, his defense and his limited repertoire of shots, I think his future is still combo guard off the bench.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 6, 2009 1:27 pm

Iverson has been going right for 13 years, if you cut him off he flails his body for the blocking foul. A.I. will pull up for a quick shot though, but like you said, Foye doesn't really have much of a pull up jumper off the dribble.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#13 » by Worm Guts » Mon Apr 6, 2009 1:29 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Foye can still be a good starter if he works on his endurance so he can D up every possession for 48 minutes and always have energy to beat a guy off the dribble, but for the moment he shouldn't stop the Wolves from adding a guard at either spot.

I don't think stamina has much of an impact unless it's over the top good or bad. And I don't think at this point of Foye's career his stamina level will be greatly increasing.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#14 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 6, 2009 2:02 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:Foye can still be a good starter if he works on his endurance so he can D up every possession for 48 minutes and always have energy to beat a guy off the dribble, but for the moment he shouldn't stop the Wolves from adding a guard at either spot.

I don't think stamina has much of an impact unless it's over the top good or bad. And I don't think at this point of Foye's career his stamina level will be greatly increasing.

I think our team as a whole, with only a couple exceptions, has bad stamina and it shows up defensively in not giving effort each possession. On a single possession it doesn't make a difference, but over 48 minutes I think it makes a huge difference. Tyrus Thomas for example is incredibly athletic and makes highlight reel plays regularly, but over 48 minutes for 82 games, he's mediocre because he has no stamina.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves