Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Small MIN/TOR 

Post#1 » by prefuse73 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:38 pm

Min sends Telfair and Boston 1st
Tor Sends Roko Ukic and POB

I liked Ukic a lot when he got drafted and judging by some double digit assist games recently, I think he is ready to bust out soon. Telfair gives Toronto a speedy pg that can keep up with their up-tempo style. We also get a legit 7 footer to take Collins place next year as a 4th big.

I like Telfair, but I have the feeling that if we draft a pg, he will really distain coming of the bench when there is not a clear cut #1 like Calderon is in Toronto. Ukic has the height to be more versatile off the bench and the skill set to potentially be the pass first PG we want. I also like Bobby B as a backup pg.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Re: Small MIN/TOR 

Post#2 » by B Calrissian » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:41 pm

I like this, alot.

But then again I would trade Telfair for Lawrence Cohen.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#3 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:45 pm

B Calrissian wrote:I like this, alot.

You'd trade Telfair for a sex offender? You're not very Minnesota nice, are you?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#4 » by B Calrissian » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:48 pm

john2jer wrote:

You'd trade Telfair for a sex offender? You're not very Minnesota nice, are you?

I can't picture Chunk as a sex offender. And no, I am not Minnesota nice. I am from Wisconsin.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#5 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 6:16 pm

B Calrissian wrote:
john2jer wrote:

I can't picture Chunk as a sex offender. And no, I am not Minnesota nice. I am from Wisconsin.

http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Cohen_Lawrence.html

And the Wisconsin part explains so much.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#6 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Apr 6, 2009 6:24 pm

Isnt Ukic like...horrible?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 6, 2009 6:27 pm

4ho5ive wrote:Isnt Ukic like...horrible?

we should go start a "what if Ukic was in this draft?" post on the NBA Draft board and everybody can say "top 5 pick" like they do for pretty much everybody.

Actually we should do that, then you guys all go say things like "between 7 and 10" "mid to late lotto" "no later than 12th" and see if the Toronto fans will eagerly pile on in agreement.

Its perfect time because he's had a couple good games in the past couple weeks
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Apr 6, 2009 6:30 pm

Ive learned never to post things on other boards when encouraged by Devilz, only bad can come of it.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#9 » by B Calrissian » Mon Apr 6, 2009 6:54 pm

:lol: They need to go back and change Chunk's name in the movie. This is a disgrace. Give him a cool name like Larry Laurent. I can't believe Chunk wasn't one of his aliases or do kids these days not know who the Goonies are?

john2jer wrote:And the Wisconsin part explains so much.

My hate for Redd?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Apr 6, 2009 6:56 pm

B Calrissian wrote:

:lol: They need to go back and change Chunk's name in the movie. This is a disgrace. Give him a cool name like Larry Laurent. I can't believe Chunk wasn't one of his aliases or do kids these days not know who the Goonies are?

My hate for Redd?
john2jer
RealGM

Post#11 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:38 pm

B Calrissian wrote:

My hate for Redd?

I learned this weekend, that pretty much anyone younger than me, 28, is a complete toss-up if they've ever heard of Goonies, much less know anything about it. It scares me, really it does.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#12 » by B Calrissian » Mon Apr 6, 2009 8:30 pm

Did you watch it on TBS yesterday? It seems to be on that channel alot.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#13 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 8:54 pm

I have a big, beautiful TV at home, two in fact, but neither of them are hooked up to cable, dish, or even have rabbit ears on them. They're basically for DVDs and the occassional PS2 game only.

It's on TBS all the time, though. I've seen it about a billion and a half times.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#14 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 6, 2009 8:58 pm

can I have one of your beautiful TVs, I have 2 lame TVs

I'll trade you some old books that'll make you smart like me
john2jer
RealGM

Post#15 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 9:01 pm

Unfortunately my 2.5 years of free cable ended in January and I figured I wasn't home enough to justify paying for it. I'm looking at houses right now, though, and I'll probably break down and start paying for cable and internet once I get a house. I still get free internet at home. :-)

I :love: reading. I found this super secret membership at this building down the street called a library. Jokes on them, it doesn't cost me anything and I can take as many books as I want without ever having to return them.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#16 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 6, 2009 9:05 pm

people at the library look and smell like pee though, don't go there unless catching airborne hepatitis is your thing
john2jer
RealGM

Post#17 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 9:11 pm

There are a lot of interesting folk at the library. Is hepatitis airborne? That's scary. I'm never leaving my apartment again.
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#18 » by Winter Wonder » Mon Apr 6, 2009 9:40 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:people at the library look and smell like pee though, don't go there unless catching airborne hepatitis is your thing

There is a joke in there about how Devilz caught his Hepatitis and who told him how/why.... but I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Apr 6, 2009 9:51 pm

Winter Wonder wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:people at the library look and smell like pee though, don't go there unless catching airborne hepatitis is your thing

There is a joke in there about how Devilz caught his Hepatitis and who told him how/why.... but I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole.

Coincidentally, thats how he caught it in the first place
john2jer
RealGM

Post#20 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 6, 2009 10:09 pm

I always stick to 11-feet or longer.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves