ImageImageImage

Officlal Prospect thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Officlal Prospect thread 

Post#1 » by revprodeji » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:21 am

**just to give us an official thread

I like Turner big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhi0ZdO ... re=related

other sleepers are John henson and Avery Bradley for me. What say you?
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Re: Officlal Prospect thread 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:52 am

revprodeji wrote:**just to give us an official thread

I like Turner big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhi0ZdO ... re=related

other sleepers are John henson and Avery Bradley for me. What say you?

Really??? Who knew....

I like Turner and Aldrich the most
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#3 » by PeeDee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:04 am

Turner is a beast, I wanted him to come out this year so we could draft him. I see some on this board are projecting him to be a SG, I think he's a straight up 3.

One problem I see with getting him on this team is he plays A LOT of point forward. How does that mesh with Flynn, Jefferson and potentially Rubio who all require the ball to be effective too?
hotshotschamp
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#4 » by hotshotschamp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:08 am

Turner is very nice player, and will be a good 10 year player in the nba. He's a legit top 10 pick, maybe top 5 pick.

However John Wall, and Favors are in a different area code, they will go #1 and #2 book it, and should be taken if you land a top 2 pick, and you figure out how to make it work later.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#5 » by revprodeji » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 am

he plays Point Fwd because his team is horrible. At the pro level-in the triangle offense, his one on one skills will be great but there will be less pressure on him.

Joe Johnson type?

I know Wall/Favors are the *studs* but they seem flawed to me. Maybe when the season starts and I can see them more.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#6 » by hotshotschamp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:21 am

every prospect has flaws, but their assets are gonna set them apart from the pack...

Wall is gonna be that " superstar " type player that can seriously help turn around a team in a HURRY. If you are somehow lucky enough to get him, as much as i am on the Jonny Flynn bandwagon, I take Wall and give him the keys to the PG spot
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#7 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:24 am

PeeDee wrote:Turner is a beast, I wanted him to come out this year so we could draft him. I see some on this board are projecting him to be a SG, I think he's a straight up 3.

One problem I see with getting him on this team is he plays A LOT of point forward. How does that mesh with Flynn, Jefferson and potentially Rubio who all require the ball to be effective too?

what's so bad about having 2 players on the court that can create and handle the ball, Lebron is the only guy on his team that can create and their offense is so predictable that only his sheer dominance gets them through. and I think you're right about SF, Turner is a point forward but he can play SG and PG, and ideally your SG must be more of a shooter off the catch, and here comes the best catch&shoot player of the draft Xavier Henry, maybe not top 10, but late lottery, trade up from utah pick?

1)Turner
2)Aldrich
3)Henry

Make it happen Kahn.
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#8 » by hotshotschamp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:26 am

Terrico White is another kid that will make people really take notice this year. He beasted out in summer ball with team USA. 6'5 SG, many are saying D-wade light. Very Very athletic and explosive.
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#9 » by hotshotschamp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 am

LeBron James Skills Academy Player Profiles
July 13, 2009
-Cole Aldrich- Similarly to the way he played at the Adidas Nations Camp in Dallas last August, Aldrich again did very little to justify his status as a potential top-5 draft pick. It’s likely that he’s just not the type of player that stands out in these settings, as he seems to look very uncomfortable for the most part outside of Kansas’ system. Aldrich’s skill-level offensively looked very limited in the drills and five on five action, as he has average footwork and touch around the rim and appears pretty mechanical when trying to create his own shot. Defensively his terrific frame and freakish length allows him to be quite a factor when he puts his mind to it, but he often looked tentative and lethargic trying to make his presence felt.
[Read Full Article]
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#10 » by hotshotschamp » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:03 am

College ball starts tomorrow ( Monday )

Big name prospects in action ( evan turner and buford ) ohio state.

John henson and Ed Davis from North carolina. This Henson kid draws comparisons to guys like KG, Randoloph, Durant. A 6"10 dude who is skinny as can be, but has real good handles, a good shot and pretty athletic. Ed Davis is a projected top 3 pick.

And we all know about the Evan turner man love here, and I like him a lot as well!
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#11 » by theGreatRC » Mon Nov 2, 2009 12:18 pm

John Wall all day.

Unless Jonny Flynn has all-star talent, I want John Wall; I don't care how many PGs we have.

I wouldn't mind Cole Aldrich if we happened to get our pick in the 6-9 range.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#12 » by deeney0 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 1:46 pm

This thread is for people who would make good officials? Sorry to break it to you rev, but the NBA reach an agreement with the regular refs. There will be no replacements.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#13 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Nov 2, 2009 3:15 pm

Xavier Henry? We've really been needing another X-Man in the NBA for awhile now.
fotownbuckeye
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#14 » by fotownbuckeye » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:42 pm

As you can tell by the username - Buckeye fan - especially Football and hoops so I can speak about Evan "The Villain" Turner.

Turner will be a 2 or 3 in the NBA.

He doesn't require having the ball in his hands to make plays. So those of you worried that he needs to play point-forward can be put to ease.

His ball handling has improved - to the point that Thad Matta will be playing him at the Point this season as the Buckeyes are extremely strong at the 2 and 3 spots. While improved he does make some silly mistakes when handling the ball (although it has gotten better)

Overall he gets a ton of points in the mid-range (12-18 feet) which is refreshing since many players today can only score from three or under the basket. He can step out to shoot the three but usually will get himself close to the hoop to shoot. Turner has a great spin move that he uses to get in the lane - consider that his go to move.

He rebounds well and plays decent defense (when motivated) - I can see him defending shooting guards and small forwards in the NBA - I don't know of he will be quick enough to stay in front of most NBA point guards.

I think Evan will have a monster year and make himself a top 5-10 pick. He should end up in the NBA for 10+ years. Turner is a beast but just a heads up on William Buford - a soph forward from Toledo. Buford is the most talented player on the OSU roster -even more than Turner. If he comes out - which he will he is a top 10 pick as well.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 696

Post#15 » by karch34 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 7:41 pm

It's early on, but I'm thinking with Flynn and Sessions being more of scoring PG right now (and I'm sure some of the assist numbers are hurt by bad shooting) a point forward is a good fit.

As far as worrying about Wall and Favors at #1-2, I don't think we have to worry about that. :)
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#16 » by hotshotschamp » Mon Nov 2, 2009 8:20 pm

I think we are in the mix for a #1 or #2 pick we are only a jefferson injury away or k love not coming back as soon, or flynn going down.

I think we are in the bottom 7...

along with the bucks, bobcats, knicks (utahs pick), kings, warriors

I think teams like the thunder are out of that group now, and the Clippers are too good talent wise to keep losing, and once Griffin comes back with baron davis, griffin, camby, kaman, eric gordon, thornton they can't keep losing. They will probably beat us tonight.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,459

Post#17 » by Foye » Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:12 pm

hotshotschamp wrote:I think we are in the mix for a #1 or #2 pick we are only a jefferson injury away or k love not coming back as soon, or flynn going down.

I think we are in the bottom 7...

along with the bucks, bobcats, knicks (utahs pick), kings, warriors

I think teams like the thunder are out of that group now, and the Clippers are too good talent wise to keep losing, and once Griffin comes back with baron davis, griffin, camby, kaman, eric gordon, thornton they can't keep losing. They will probably beat us tonight.

You forgot about the Nets. They have talented players but that won't help them this season.
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#18 » by hotshotschamp » Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:39 pm

yeah nets too could be in that mix, but if they get harris back and his injury doesn't linger, I see them having a better record than us, we were fortunate to beat them, at home, on opening night. I just see them getting more wins, with lopez/harris and lee and yi and cdr.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,459

Post#19 » by Foye » Mon Nov 2, 2009 10:00 pm

hotshotschamp wrote:yeah nets too could be in that mix, but if they get harris back and his injury doesn't linger, I see them having a better record than us, we were fortunate to beat them, at home, on opening night. I just see them getting more wins, with lopez/harris and lee and yi and cdr.

Well YI, Lee and CDR actually are not very good starters to have...they have potential but are not close to being competitive this season.
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#20 » by hotshotschamp » Mon Nov 2, 2009 10:12 pm

ill take yi, lee, cdr...over brewer, gomes and a guy like pecherov/hollins.

Harris has more experience than any pg we have, and is an all star. Brook lopez is a very capable center. I'm pretty sure at the end of the year, their record will be better than ours.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves