ImageImageImage

Officlal Prospect thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Re: Officlal Prospect thread 

Post#1381 » by Biff Cooper » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Casperkid23 wrote:For those interested, I just uploaded my spreadsheet for Quality Opponent Statistics and cleaned it up so it looks nice and also took off a few "quality opponents" as they were not quite up to snuff.

The blog entry can be viewed here: http://casperkid23.blogspot.com/2010/03 ... stics.html

If you don't want to read it on the blog ( :cry: ), then the direct link for it is here: http://tinyurl.com/yj2p6mg

McCamey's numbers surprise me. Don't hear him mentioned much as an NBA prospect.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#1382 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Lately I've been thinking that if we don't land Turner or Wall...we should try to get either Xavier Henry or James Anderson. They can both stretch the floor and have good size. Henry is a very good defender(both man and team) and has a very nice build. He isn't really quick so I'm wondering if he would have to play sf in the NBA though.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,459

Post#1383 » by Foye » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:19 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:Lately I've been thinking that if we don't land Turner or Wall...we should try to get either Xavier Henry or James Anderson. They can both stretch the floor and have good size. Henry is a very good defender(both man and team) and has a very nice build. He isn't really quick so I'm wondering if he would have to play sf in the NBA though.

I think it's a given that we have to go after Johnson, Henry or Anderson (maybe Aminu, too) if we miss out on Turner. :D
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#1384 » by horaceworthy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:
Casperkid23 wrote:For those interested, I just uploaded my spreadsheet for Quality Opponent Statistics and cleaned it up so it looks nice and also took off a few "quality opponents" as they were not quite up to snuff.

The blog entry can be viewed here: http://casperkid23.blogspot.com/2010/03 ... stics.html

If you don't want to read it on the blog ( :cry: ), then the direct link for it is here: http://tinyurl.com/yj2p6mg

McCamey's numbers surprise me. Don't hear him mentioned much as an NBA prospect.

It's always surprised me that guys like Collins, Armon Johnson and Kalin Lucas get pub as late 1st rounders some places, but guys like McCamey, Fredette went largely ignored. Either one of them could try to make use of a weak PG year and end up sneaking into the 1st round.

McCamey's really improved his PG skills since getting to Illinois. His handles a lot better, and he's a much, much better distributor than he used to be. He's not the quickest guy, but he's pretty damn big for a PG and uses his size well.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#1385 » by Esohny » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Foye wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:Lately I've been thinking that if we don't land Turner or Wall...we should try to get either Xavier Henry or James Anderson. They can both stretch the floor and have good size. Henry is a very good defender(both man and team) and has a very nice build. He isn't really quick so I'm wondering if he would have to play sf in the NBA though.

I think it's a given that we have to go after Johnson, Henry or Anderson (maybe Aminu, too) if we miss out on Turner. :D

We should go after another wing even if we get Turner.

Turner
Alabi
Paul George

would be a nice draft, even if we didn't make any other moves.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#1386 » by Krapinsky » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 pm

I suggest you reevaluate Alabi. I don't think he would work here. I can't see him as an upgrade over Hollins. No ball skills, can't rebound, no thanks.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#1387 » by Esohny » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 am

Krapinsky wrote:I suggest you reevaluate Alabi. I don't think he would work here. I can't see him as an upgrade over Hollins. No ball skills, can't rebound, no thanks.

I'm not a huge fan, I was just throwing a possibility out there (I'd actually consider Paul George at 17 if we drafted a SG already). To be fair though, I do think he'd be an upgrade over Hollins.

I'd prefer trading up with one or both of the later picks.
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#1388 » by dunkonu21 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 am

Jordan Crawford looks like D-Wade when he played for Marquette. I'm officially starting and driving the bandwagon for the utah pick.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#1389 » by horaceworthy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:24 pm

I think he looks more like a poor man's version of his former teammate, Eric Gordon, than Wade. Definitely wouldn't mind him at the Utah pick, though, I love that scoop shot he's got.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#1390 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:06 pm

i wish this season was over....whens the lotto and draft.. May and June?
Whiz Kid
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1391 » by Whiz Kid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 pm

dunkonu21 wrote:Jordan Crawford looks like D-Wade when he played for Marquette. I'm officially starting and driving the bandwagon for the utah pick.

I'm on board! He reminds me a little of Tyreke Evans, too. Not as good as either Evans or Wade, obviously, but could see him being a great scoring spark off the bench.

horaceworthy wrote:I think he looks more like a poor man's version of his former teammate, Eric Gordon, than Wade. Definitely wouldn't mind him at the Utah pick, though, I love that scoop shot he's got.

I don't see the Gordon comparison -- strikes me as more athletic and more of an individual, creative shot-maker.

Krapinsky wrote:I suggest you reevaluate Alabi. I don't think he would work here. I can't see him as an upgrade over Hollins. No ball skills, can't rebound, no thanks.

I don't understand the Hollins comparison -- Alabi is a SF/PF tweener, isn't he? Regardless, I agree with your feelings about him...doesn't do much for me.

James Anderson really excites me. His scoring skills are diverse -- effective coming off screens, spotting up, and off the dribble. That would translate well to the NBA and is exactly the flexibility we need.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#1392 » by AQuintus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:43 pm

Whiz Kid wrote:I don't understand the Hollins comparison -- Alabi is a SF/PF tweener, isn't he? Regardless, I agree with your feelings about him...doesn't do much for me.

Alabi is a 7 foot Center. You're probably confusing him with Aminu.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#1393 » by horaceworthy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Whiz Kid wrote:
dunkonu21 wrote:Jordan Crawford looks like D-Wade when he played for Marquette. I'm officially starting and driving the bandwagon for the utah pick.

I'm on board! He reminds me a little of Tyreke Evans, too. Not as good as either Evans or Wade, obviously, but could see him being a great scoring spark off the bench.

horaceworthy wrote:I think he looks more like a poor man's version of his former teammate, Eric Gordon, than Wade. Definitely wouldn't mind him at the Utah pick, though, I love that scoop shot he's got.

I don't see the Gordon comparison -- strikes me as more athletic and more of an individual, creative shot-maker.

The deep range and willingness to display (never been a feature of Wade's game), the good first step, and the fact that he's more of an individual shot-maker, which compares more favorably to Gordon than Wade. Crawford's got the edge in creativity around the rim, but Gordon's the more athletic of the two.

Basically, Wade's game highlights his ability to drive the basketball, which he uses to open up the rest of his game. Gordon's highlights his jump shot, which opens up his ability to drive. Crawford is more the latter, not the former.
Whiz Kid
Ballboy

Post#1394 » by Whiz Kid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 pm

AQuintus wrote:
Whiz Kid wrote:I don't understand the Hollins comparison -- Alabi is a SF/PF tweener, isn't he? Regardless, I agree with your feelings about him...doesn't do much for me.

Alabi is a 7 foot Center. You're probably confusing him with Aminu.

Yep, thanks.
fotownbuckeye
Freshman

Evan Turner Update - 

Post#1395 » by fotownbuckeye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 am

Word on the inside has been that Evan Turner was going to stick around Columbus for his senior year. I have always taken it with a grain of salt but after tonight's loss some very interesting quotes were made by Turners teammates regarding his return.

PJ Hill
“He said he’s coming back, so that’s what we’re planning on: that’s he coming back,” Hill said. “He’s been saying that he’s going to come back but he wants to focus on this season and deal with everything else next year but he’s going to be back. I plan on him being back.”

As always take it for what it worth.

However just let it be known that this has been said now for awhile from people on the inside of the OSU program.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1396 » by cpfsf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 am

So Johnson, Turner, and Monroe claim to be sticking around? Meh, don't buy it.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Esohny
RealGM

Post#1397 » by Esohny » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 am

I would certainly be a kick in the teeth for a bunch of prospects stay in school when we have multiple 1st rounders (AGAIN).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Post#1398 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:02 am

Esohny wrote:I would certainly be a kick in the teeth for a bunch of prospects stay in school when we have multiple 1st rounders (AGAIN).

So then we do what we did last year.....trade for a future pick.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#1399 » by Tekkenlaw » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:19 pm

So what number do you think Turner will wear if you get him? Definitely not issuing 21.

35, 12, 23, 33?
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#1400 » by dunkonu21 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:41 pm

horaceworthy wrote:
Whiz Kid wrote:

The deep range and willingness to display (never been a feature of Wade's game), the good first step, and the fact that he's more of an individual shot-maker, which compares more favorably to Gordon than Wade. Crawford's got the edge in creativity around the rim, but Gordon's the more athletic of the two.

Basically, Wade's game highlights his ability to drive the basketball, which he uses to open up the rest of his game. Gordon's highlights his jump shot, which opens up his ability to drive. Crawford is more the latter, not the former.

I agree that he is more of a mid-range to long-range jump shooter first. But I think he uses his athleticism much like Wade, to hang in the air and finish his drive. He is also very hard to stay in front of and seems to have a lengthy stride to get him where he needs to be. Of course all this sounds ridiculous since we've named three or four 20 ppg players to a guy who is trying to work himself INTO the first round.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves