Post#61 » by Worm Guts » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 pm

That's debateable.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Re: New Darko Article 

Post#62 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
john2jer wrote: Gotta kind of laugh at the people who point at 5/4 for career numbers. 5/4 in 12 minutes is different than 5/4 in 28 minutes. Give him a role, give him direction, and I think we'll be very pleased with what we get from him.

Well, it's 5/4 in 17 minutes with a peak of 8/6 in 24 minutes.

It's worth noting that Hollins has a 11.1 PER with the Wolves this year and Darko has a 11.5 PER.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#63 » by Darko Miliminutes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Darko will get $5 mil at least. He's only scratched the surface on offense. The coaches have seen that especially in practice. He can have the ball effectively run through him, and that costs money. Maybe you should have wished that he stay in NY through the end of the season, and not had a chance to show the coaches his potential. He's 7 foot, has elite level d, and a world of potential on O. I notice a lot of you suggest $3mil, but i bet mgmt will not be so naive. 7 footers with skill cost dough...$5 mil minimum.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#64 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 pm

This guy, lol.

Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#65 » by Esohny » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:26 pm

"Elite" level defense. I mean, I like what Darko brings, but come on.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#66 » by john2jer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 pm

I might be one of the biggest Wolves-fan Darko-homers here, and love his potential, but to call anything he does as "elite" is laughable. $5mil is too much.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#67 » by Krapinsky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm

john2jer wrote:I might be one of the biggest Wolves-fan Darko-homers here, and love his potential, but to call anything he does as "elite" is laughable. $5mil is too much.

Agreed. $5Mil for a 7 footer with his skill level is fair, but as Big Worm points out -- $5Mil for a 7 footer with his skill level, but his track record, is overpaying.

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#68 » by Narf » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm

john2jer wrote:I might be one of the biggest Wolves-fan Darko-homers here, and love his potential, but to call anything he does as "elite" is laughable. $5mil is too much.

I agree, but I think your proposal is too low as well. 4 mil guaranteed in the 1st year, 4.4 mil in the 2nd as a team option, 4.8 in the 3rd year as a player option is more in line with that kind of deal. If we decide he's not worth 4.4 million, we don't pick up his contract and it's a 1 year, 4 mil deal. He's clearly worth 1 at 4 mil right? It's not like we have to pick up his option.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#69 » by moss_is_1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
john2jer wrote: Gotta kind of laugh at the people who point at 5/4 for career numbers. 5/4 in 12 minutes is different than 5/4 in 28 minutes. Give him a role, give him direction, and I think we'll be very pleased with what we get from him.

Well, it's 5/4 in 17 minutes with a peak of 8/6 in 24 minutes.

It's worth noting that Hollins has a 11.1 PER with the Wolves this year and Darko has a 11.5 PER.
According to 82 games Darko's per is 13.8 and Hollins' is 11.6 but their "simple rating" thinger has Darko at -1.2 which would be 6th on the team(not including Hart) and Hollins is at -10.1 which is dead last(not counting Tucker).
Not to mention Darko plays better defense and can actually pass and rebound a shot or 2..lol
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#70 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 am

^^^I'm using basketball reference, so I dunno.

I think simple rating takes into account the opposing PER which would account for Darko's defense being much better than Hollins'. A lot of 82 games stats are fluky though.

Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#71 » by Darko Miliminutes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:33 pm

I am surprised that you guys do not believe his D to be at an "elite" level. It is his strongest attribute. He's still not even at his best yet. Only scratched the surface...you'll see. And i certainly stand by the $5 mil #. His D alone is worth that. Get ready to be upset, cuzz i betcha a box of fruit loops he gets $5 mil from ya, Rambis will make sure to have him back...he knows what's up.

And of course take what i say with a grain of salt, as i am realgm's official, over the top, Darko fanboy... I just like making sure my opinion is heard, ya aint gotta agree...nobody ever does...hehe
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#72 » by Dewey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:44 pm

Darko has hurt his top end value himself ... still, I can see a 3 year deal for $15-17 million. Nonetheless, it's still hard to rate big men when you don't a have a quality PG running the team. Kahn has a many issues on his table...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#73 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 pm

If we give Darko that type of deal, I quit.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#74 » by Darko Miliminutes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:17 pm

I do certainly contest that a short term deal is in both parties best interest. 1st year guaranteed, and then negotiate who gets the options, and when. Maybe even an incentive or two in the contract. I don't think a multi year deal is optimal for either Darko or you guys. He shouldn't risk being locked down to an underpaying contract. And of course you guys have to be careful with Darko's past track record. But, Rambis is obviously impressed.

Useful idiots!
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#75 » by LordBaldric » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 pm

According to 82 games Darko's per is 13.8 and Hollins' is 11.6 but their "simple rating" thinger has Darko at -1.2 which would be 6th on the team(not including Hart) and Hollins is at -10.1 which is dead last(not counting Tucker).
Not to mention Darko plays better defense and can actually pass and rebound a shot or 2..lol

For the 100th time... 82 Games PER scores are inaccurate and inflated!!!
john2jer
RealGM

Post#76 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 pm

LordBaldric wrote:

For the 100th time... 82 Games PER scores are inaccurate and inflated!!!

If they're both inflated at the same rate, does it matter when you're comparing two players?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#77 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 pm

How do you know they're inflated at the same rate? (they're not). Why not just use the more accurate reference or ESPN figures that are not inflated?

john2jer
RealGM

Post#78 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Krapinsky wrote:How do you know they're inflated at the same rate? (they're not). Why not just use the more accurate reference or ESPN figures that are not inflated?

I didn't say they were, hell, I didn't even know they were inflated.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#79 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

john2jer wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:How do you know they're inflated at the same rate? (they're not). Why not just use the more accurate reference or ESPN figures that are not inflated?

I didn't say they were, hell, I didn't even know they were inflated.

Then why are you asking irrelevant questions?

Pwned.

Go Kraphead, it's your birthday..
Go Kraphead, it's your birthday..
(It's your birthday) so let's party and have some fun
(It's your birthday) we'll dance til the morning comes yeah
(Happy birthday) girl let's step the night away
(Happy birthday) and we're gonna celebrate, yeah

:rockon:

Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#80 » by Esohny » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Oh boy.

SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves