Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: New Darko Article 

Post#81 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
john2jer wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:How do you know they're inflated at the same rate? (they're not). Why not just use the more accurate reference or ESPN figures that are not inflated?

I didn't say they were, hell, I didn't even know they were inflated.

Then why are you asking irrelevant questions?

Pwned.

Go Kraphead, it's your birthday..
Go Kraphead, it's your birthday..
(It's your birthday) so let's party and have some fun
(It's your birthday) we'll dance til the morning comes yeah
(Happy birthday) girl let's step the night away
(Happy birthday) and we're gonna celebrate, yeah

:rockon:

Not that you had any, but if you did, you would have just lost ALL of your cool points.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#82 » by LordBaldric » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

john2jer wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:
According to 82 games Darko's per is 13.8 and Hollins' is 11.6 but their "simple rating" thinger has Darko at -1.2 which would be 6th on the team(not including Hart) and Hollins is at -10.1 which is dead last(not counting Tucker).
Not to mention Darko plays better defense and can actually pass and rebound a shot or 2..lol

For the 100th time... 82 Games PER scores are inaccurate and inflated!!!

If they're both inflated at the same rate, does it matter when you're comparing two players?

It matters in a general sense because Hollinger tuned the PER calculation so that a rating of 15 = average starter performance. So even if there are still differences between two players' inflated numbers, both players in an absolute sense look better than they are.

I e-mailed the 82 games guys a couple years ago asking why their #'s are different than those of other sites. I also noted that they defined their PER rating as "based on" Hollinger's metric, and asked what the difference was. I never got a reply...
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#83 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 pm

john2jer wrote:
Not that you had any, but if you did, you would have just lost ALL of your cool points.

Yeah, but only according to your inflated rates. Most sources still have me with a few cool points left.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#84 » by TrentTuckerForever » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:I do certainly contest that a short term deal is in both parties best interest. 1st year guaranteed, and then negotiate who gets the options, and when. Maybe even an incentive or two in the contract. I don't think a multi year deal is optimal for either Darko or you guys. He shouldn't risk being locked down to an underpaying contract. And of course you guys have to be careful with Darko's past track record. But, Rambis is obviously impressed.

Dude... are you his agent? It would be a wonderful thing for Darko to be locked into an underpaying contract. One of the greatest teams in NBA history, the 98 Bulls, was assembled in part because Scottie Pippen was woefully underpaid for his production. Too lazy to look up the numbers, but I think Pip was making something like $2 million per year at the end of his Chicago run. He got paid when he went to Portland, but point is that from a team standpoint you want guys to be underpaid. More wins that way, and if you're a fan of Darko's and want to see him succeed in the league, he's got to be part of a winning team.

Anyway, if Darko does all things you think he can do (defend, run the offense, crash the boards, leap tall buildings in a single bound) the money will come.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#85 » by Darko Miliminutes » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 pm

TrentTuckerForever wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:I do certainly contest that a short term deal is in both parties best interest. 1st year guaranteed, and then negotiate who gets the options, and when. Maybe even an incentive or two in the contract. I don't think a multi year deal is optimal for either Darko or you guys. He shouldn't risk being locked down to an underpaying contract. And of course you guys have to be careful with Darko's past track record. But, Rambis is obviously impressed.

Dude... are you his agent? It would be a wonderful thing for Darko to be locked into an underpaying contract. One of the greatest teams in NBA history, the 98 Bulls, was assembled in part because Scottie Pippen was woefully underpaid for his production. Too lazy to look up the numbers, but I think Pip was making something like $2 million per year at the end of his Chicago run. He got paid when he went to Portland, but point is that from a team standpoint you want guys to be underpaid. More wins that way, and if you're a fan of Darko's and want to see him succeed in the league, he's got to be part of a winning team.

Anyway, if Darko does all things you think he can do (defend, run the offense, crash the boards, leap tall buildings in a single bound) the money will come.

I just suggest that both parties do their due diligence. Darko has to be part of winning basketball, and that's a given. If he doesn't feel there's a chance of it here, then that's another step towards Europe. I would think that his priorities are (assuming the $$$ offer is fair): 1) Playing time 2) Winning, and then 3) is the $$$. Winning or the potential to win are very important to him.

And of course the club has to try and get him as cheaply as possible. But they are aware that he has very nice options in Europe. It's a pretty fine line. And, sure i could be his agent...who knows 8-)
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#86 » by TrentTuckerForever » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:40 pm

Fair enough. I consider Darko a secondary priority - as stated in shrink's Cap Space thread I'd go after Rudy Gay hard, and deal with Darko once that's resolved. If that means he's gone, so be it... I like Darko, but the role he would play is just one hole in a roster full of them.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#87 » by GopherIt! » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:34 am

Krapinsky wrote:
john2jer wrote:

Yeah, but only according to your inflated rates. Most sources still have me with a few cool points left.

I think he's right. I've got Insider, and I just checked Hollinger's Poster Efficiency Rating Coolness (PERC) and Poster Efficiency Rating Coolness Plus (PERC PLUS):

Krapinsky's stats:

MIN: 32 min
PER: 16.27
eFG% 55%
USG% 19%
BS%: 28%
TBS% 24%
OMG% 13%
PBR% 8%
GTFO%: 11%
AT&T: 6%
CRY%: 15%

PERC: +3
PERC PLUS: +2
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#88 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:36 am

GopherIt! wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
john2jer wrote:

I think he's right. I've got Insider, and I just checked Hollinger's Poster Efficiency Rating Coolness (PERC) and Poster Efficiency Rating Coolness Plus (PERC PLUS):

Krapinsky's stats:

MIN: 32 min
PER: 16.27
eFG% 55%
USG% 19%
BS%: 28%
TBS% 24%
OMG% 13%
PBR% 8%
GTFO%: 11%
AT&T: 6%
CRY%: 15%

PERC: +3
PERC PLUS: +2

Top 5 post of the year candidate, only if it weren't for that BS% being so unrealistically low.

john2jer
RealGM

Post#89 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:42 am

Your TBS% is down because not enough people buy into your BS and spread it around as actual fact.

What a crappy Pabst Blue Ribbon score, though.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#90 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:44 am

john2jer wrote:Your TBS% is down because not enough people buy into your BS and spread it around as actual fact.

Yeah that's bull too. I drink more PBR than anyone i know and single handedly take credit for making it a popular beer once again.

john2jer
RealGM

Post#91 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:51 am

Probably more East Coast bias by those a-holes at BSPN.
dennistokyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#92 » by dennistokyo » Thu Apr 1, 2010 6:44 am

TrentTuckerForever wrote:Fair enough. I consider Darko a secondary priority - as stated in shrink's Cap Space thread I'd go after Rudy Gay hard, and deal with Darko once that's resolved. If that means he's gone, so be it... I like Darko, but the role he would play is just one hole in a roster full of them.

What if you guys can get Evan Turner?
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#93 » by GopherIt! » Thu Apr 1, 2010 6:57 am

Krapinsky wrote:
john2jer wrote:Your TBS% is down because not enough people buy into your BS and spread it around as actual fact.

Yeah that's bull too. I drink more PBR than anyone i know and single handedly take credit for making it a popular beer once again.

Krap never struck me as a PBR guy, that's become too much of a hipster thing. I picture Krap downing something more like Heineken or Corona.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#94 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 1, 2010 7:05 am

GopherIt! wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

Krap never struck me as a PBR guy, that's become too much of a hipster thing. I picture Krap downing something more like Heineken or Corona.

As the hipster sensation has caught on I've switched to Bud Heavy more in the last year plus. Heineken never, unless its the only option. Corona only if it's 85 degrees or more -- but Modelo > Pacifico > Corona.

GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#95 » by GopherIt! » Thu Apr 1, 2010 7:27 am

remember that's only based on 32 minutes played, take a look at his PER 48 stats:

PER 48
BS%: 42%
TBS%: 36%

those numbers are more in line with what we suspected all along.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#96 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:09 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:Krap never struck me as a PBR guy, that's become too much of a hipster thing. I picture Krap downing something more like Heineken or Corona.

As the hipster sensation has caught on I've switched to Bud Heavy more in the last year plus. Heineken never, unless its the only option. Corona only if it's 85 degrees or more -- but Modelo > Pacifico > Corona.

I've always thought of you as a snobby apple-tini kind of guy. With your pinky out and everything.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#97 » by Esohny » Thu Apr 1, 2010 4:21 pm

dennistokyo wrote:
TrentTuckerForever wrote:Fair enough. I consider Darko a secondary priority - as stated in shrink's Cap Space thread I'd go after Rudy Gay hard, and deal with Darko once that's resolved. If that means he's gone, so be it... I like Darko, but the role he would play is just one hole in a roster full of them.

What if you guys can get Evan Turner?

Drafting Turner at SG and acquiring Gay at SF would basically be my dream offseason.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#98 » by Macho » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:12 pm

FYI Darko's nickname is "the Serbian nightmare".

It's looking like he'll definitely be back in the NBA next year which is great.
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer
And1: 49

Post#99 » by LOBO 7 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:28 pm

Hmm, decisions, decisions...
I would have to say:

Pacifico>Modelo>Corona

and in terms of dark(o)s:

Darko>Negra Modelo>most other dark(o)s
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#100 » by horaceworthy » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:38 pm

Macho wrote:FYI Darko's nickname is "the Serbian nightmare".

It's looking like he'll definitely be back in the NBA next year which is great.

I'm still hoping he can be a building block for a Timberwolves dynasty and "The Human Victory Cigar" makes a comeback, but is no longer used ironically.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves