ImageImageImage

The Positivity Thread, Vol. MCXMXCIII

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LOBO 7
Bench Warmer
And1: 49

The Positivity Thread, Vol. MCXMXCIII 

Post#1 » by LOBO 7 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:12 am

So, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I think that the main reason it is enjoyable to be a fan of a terrible team is the fact that there is nowhere to go but up. We all knew this season was going to be ugly, so why dwell on the (plentiful) negatives we've seen this season.

Despite the ugly record, I think we can all agree that we're in a better position to improve quickly by adding useful pieces than we have been in a long time. And, overall, we're younger than we have been in a long time, leaving plenty of room for improvement among the pieces we currently have. Brewer, of course, is a good example of this, and I disagree with those that have already written Flynn off. While I don't necessarily think Flynn is our long-term answer at the point, that's what Rubio is for. Flynn, if he's willing to accept the role, could be a dynamic sixth man. Regardless, I really don't think Flynn will be moved before next year, so I think we can count on another season of Flynn as our starting PG (unless of course we get Wall) and, for better or for worse, I'm rooting for Jonny. He seems like a really hard worker, he's got a great engine, and despite this difficult season, he seems to have maintained a positive attitude.

Flynn is just one example. We've got plenty of assets, and this will probably be the most exciting offseason, dare I say, in our history. I understand the frustration, but let's keep our heads up.

So, in this thread at least, let's resist the temptation to call Kahn a failure, Rambis an idiot, and Jonny a bust.

Anyone with me?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: The Positivity Thread, Vol. MCXMXCIII 

Post#2 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:17 am

YAY! The negativity in this town sucks.

Good, good, good, good vibrations!
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#3 » by cpfsf » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:22 am

john2jer wrote:YAY! The negativity in this town sucks.

Good, good, good, good vibrations!

that's what she said

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#4 » by lobishome » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:26 am

Well, lets go be positives. Do you want Rubio for the next season and win more than 30 games? Well, next summer ...

Pick Wall, trade Flynn and Love for something great and change Rubio x one year Wall + some money. Perhaps Wall still is not ready for the NBA. This and a FA must be enough for don't do the ridiculous role like this year.

You can trade Rubio or Wall in 2012 ...or neither.

Americans haven't imagination! :nonono:
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by LOBO 7 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:34 am

Pero lobo, no sabes que no queremos Wall, preferimos esperar otro ano mas para la llegada de Ricky Business! 2012 es el ano de los Wolves (es coincidencia que tambien será el fin del mundo segun los maya?)
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#6 » by lobishome » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:45 am

It's the same, you must pick whatever you want and change him one year for Rubio. Kahn needs him or he can be hanged in the council square of Minneapolis ... ejem ... Timberwolves are from MInneapolis? :oops:

BTW, the Maya's predictions about the end of the world? .... ha ha ha .... the mayas was a gang of azzholes who couldn't predict his own end of the world when they was massacred by the Aztecas.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#7 » by cpfsf » Thu Apr 1, 2010 2:25 am

I think Rubio staying in Europe for 2 years will help this team more than hurt it. Another top 5 draft pick in 2010 and a top 10 draft pick in 2011 (don't act all offended).

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#8 » by southern wolf » Thu Apr 1, 2010 2:31 am

They avoided the franchise record losing streak with tonights win, and all the bigs had double-doubles!
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#9 » by collin_k41 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 2:33 am

I mean, I've heard this whole thing before but after multiple years in the dumps is it realistic to have hope? We can only go up from here right? I think it's been quite obvious that you don't have to improve, you can simply stay absolutely horrible. However, that's not to say we will continue to do that.

The way I process being a fan of a horrible sports team is simple...I simply go in with zero expectations. That way I'm not dumbfounded when we suck but can be pleasantly surprised if we do well. Could we be better next year? I'd hope so, but who knows. A lot of things can and will happen so I'll just leave that judgement up to our record next year. I guess you could call me a passive fan, but at least I keep myself a sane fan. Sports team emotional roller coasters aren't really my cup of tea.

So, I propose instead of a positivity thread(which sets us up for failure), we create a neutrality thread. I think we can have a good balance of pessimism and positivity.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#10 » by TrentTuckerForever » Thu Apr 1, 2010 2:34 am

lobishome wrote:BTW, the Maya's predictions about the end of the world? .... ha ha ha .... the mayas was a gang of azzholes who couldn't predict his own end of the world when they was massacred by the Aztecas.

Now now, lobi, this does not belong in the positivity thread.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#11 » by C.lupus » Thu Apr 1, 2010 2:56 am

collin_k41 wrote:So, I propose instead of a positivity thread(which sets us up for failure), we create a neutrality thread. I think we can have a good balance of pessimism and positivity.

I thought about making an apathy thread but I decided I didn't feel like it.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#12 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:00 am

The Mayan people were not massacred by the Azteks. Most likely what happened is their clean water supply ran dry...and/or they cut down soooo many trees around their land that the weather patterns changed and they freaked out, thought their gods were mad at them, so they proceeded to sacrifice anyone and everyone they could grab.

Also there are many Mayan people still left, I met a bunch of them. I met a Mayan priest who said he could stop the rain with his "singing" (he hummed random nothings).
LOBO 7
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by LOBO 7 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:10 am

It wouldn't be a real positivity thread if it didn't include discussions about human sacrifice and the impending apocalypse, on page 1. :)

Seriously though, we should get that Mayan priest on our side. Or at least some Mayans that have thet power to delay the end of the world a bit longer, cuz 2012 is the year the pups become wolves, so we'll need some time to bask in that glory, for all the world to see.

Yep, things are looking up.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#14 » by GopherIt! » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:11 am

collin_k41 wrote:So, I propose instead of a positivity thread(which sets us up for failure), we create a neutrality thread. I think we can have a good balance of pessimism and positivity.

I have no strong feelings about this idea one way or another.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#15 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:34 am

GopherIt! wrote:

I have no strong feelings about this idea one way or another.

I dunno. (Shrug). That could be okay, I guess. :dontknow:
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#16 » by Breakdown777 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 4:33 am

"All I know is my gut says 'maybe'."
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,437

Post#17 » by Calinks » Thu Apr 1, 2010 5:25 am

Breakdown777 wrote:"All I know is my gut says 'maybe'."

:rofl:
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KG_Wolves
Starter
And1: 530

Post#18 » by KG_Wolves » Thu Apr 1, 2010 5:51 am

The success of this season Brewers turnaround and even more important, we have found our MAN IN THE MIDDLE!!!

Kahn can now put a check on needs list for Center.

Center. Check.
PF. Check.
SF HELP NEEDED
SG. HELP NEEDED
PG Flynn will hold down until Rubio
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#19 » by TrentTuckerForever » Thu Apr 1, 2010 1:38 pm

LOBO 7 wrote:It wouldn't be a real positivity thread if it didn't include discussions about human sacrifice and the impending apocalypse, on page 1.

Sigged. With extreme prejudice.

As Larry Brown said when the Wolves played the Bobs, Milicic/Jefferson/Love looks like something to build on.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#20 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 1, 2010 3:12 pm

TTF, I love how McHale looks like he's taking the world's largest deuce in your avatar.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves