ImageImageImage

DET - MIN again

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Re: DET - MIN again 

Post#41 » by Tekkenlaw » Thu Apr 1, 2010 9:05 pm

Pekovic helps the Pistons a hell of a lot more than Wesley Johnson or Aminu would. Maybe if Greg Monroe dominants in workouts they can reach for him there (Or is he returning to school?)
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#42 » by Biff Cooper » Thu Apr 1, 2010 9:14 pm

LOBO 7 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:While trying to avoid your negativity towards Al, I agree that I'd prefer to keep Love

If pressed, I would probably prefer to keep Love long-term as well, but I'm starting to think more and more that we might see the 3 headed monster frontcourt of DarkALove for at least the beginning of next season, with any moves involving Al or Love coming at next year's deadline. So much depends on the draft though, its almost pointless to speculate.

I too am absolutely fine with DarkAlLove or DarkPekLove for next season if it means we can focus our assets towards getting a good SG and a good SF on next year's roster.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#43 » by LordBaldric » Fri Apr 2, 2010 3:49 am

Krapinsky wrote:
LOBO 7 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:While trying to avoid your negativity towards Al, I agree that I'd prefer to keep Love

If pressed, I would probably prefer to keep Love long-term as well, but I'm starting to think more and more that we might see the 3 headed monster frontcourt of DarkALove for at least the beginning of next season, with any moves involving Al or Love coming at next year's deadline. So much depends on the draft though, its almost pointless to speculate.

It also depends what could we get for each player. Detroit posters for example, are much more infatuated with Love then they are Al. On the trade board right now, one has said yes to Love for #5, but no to Jefferson for Prince + #5, and stated that they would rather have Love than Jefferson (and didn't bring up Jefferson's contract).

What if Deng is the best we can get for Al?

Would you rather have:
Deng + Love, or
#5 (Johnson/Aminu) + Jefferson?

I still think a Jeff for Prince + #5 is possible so I don't want to play this game for now. Other fanbases souring on Al vs Love just illustrates how his perceived value is dropping. Trade him while we still can IMO.
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#44 » by prefuse73 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 9:13 am

I just cant get on board with Pekovic. I see him as a poor mans Jefferson.

I will admit that Darko has made me all tingly inside, but we have to remember that he is the first competent center (on both sides of the ball) we have had in awhile (since Ervin Johnson....). However, I am interested in seeing what he does in the offseason nowing that he will play a major roll for the team.

Further, I think considering that we would be selling low on Jefferson this offseason and Love's minutes being so inconsistent, I could see a Darko/Jefferson/Love rotation at the start of the season with everyone knowing there roles and Darko coming back in shape. With a trade more likely at the deadline or the next offseason.

Love is built for a 6th man role right now until he improves his conditioning and overall athleticism. Jefferson gets a pass cause he brings a rare skill to the table. I have to believe that Love will still average nearly 30 minutes a game off the bench and could win the 6th man of the year award (provided we win a decent amount)

All that being said, If push came to shove, right now I would roll with Darko/Jefferson and move Love for the chance to select Favors.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves