ImageImageImageImageImage

Brodeur/Parent

Moderator: Rich Rane

MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Brodeur/Parent 

Post#1 » by MazzNets » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:24 am

This guy is phenominal. He needs to win two of the next three games to break Parent's record. Here's to hoping Marty breaks this record, and hopefully gets the many awards that come with such a feat, even if he doesn't break the record.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:27 am

Here's to hoping Marty doesn't break the record and the Pens win the division. Regardless, he'll go down as one of, if not, the best goalie ever.

:beer: :beer:
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by MazzNets » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:46 pm

Hey timd, nice to meet you. Good joke about the Pens, however you're dreaming if you think your mighty Pens are going to take the division!

You guys have had a great season, and I wish your team best of luck in the next three games and in the postseason, eventhough honestly I don't like them one bit.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by timd1218 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:48 pm

MazzNets wrote:Hey timd, nice to meet you. Good joke about the Pens, however you're dreaming if you think your mighty Pens are going to take the division!

You guys have had a great season, and I wish your team best of luck in the next three games and in the postseason, eventhough honestly I don't like them one bit.

Lol. I am allowed to dream. Plus with the firing of Julien, that might hurt the team.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by MazzNets » Tue Apr 3, 2007 12:19 am

It may, but I have a feeling that it won't. Honestly, I hope it allows our players a bit more freedom and hopefully it will light a fire so to speak.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by timd1218 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:53 am

Well, looks like the Devils just won the division after beat the Senators.
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by MazzNets » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:39 pm

Well, I'd like to hope we could get any combination of 1 point the next two games.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,786

Post#8 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:16 am

:bowdown:

Brodeur passes Parent.

...but Luongo could still pass him with 46 Wins and 3 remaining.
Mr. Natural
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#9 » by Mr. Natural » Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:30 am

But how many of those wins were shootout victories though?
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by MazzNets » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:13 am

First off, congrads to Marty I was at the game in Philthy (I go to school there so don't give me any guff) and it was AWESOME! Of course the Flyers didn't make any announcement after the game such as "We'd like to congratulate Marty on his record breaking 48th victory." Anyway enough of that now to cut to the chase:

You have to give Parent his due. No shootouts/OTs and the man flat out dominated.

The fact is that in the new NHL where many of the rule changes were made to benefit offense this is an incredible record. Numbers wise Brodeur has more, and yes I believe 10 (counted off his game log so I may have missed one or two) of his wins were of the shootout/OT variety. His numbers reflect the rules that the league has put into place.

I really hope Marty for Vezina/Hart and honestly I shouldn't care because the cup is all that matters, but Marty should be rewarded for his year.

I know the NHL/Bettman will give it to their posterboy/love child Sidney but doesn't DEFENSE win championships?

Many fans appreciate offense too much and forget that defense wins championships. Baseball=Pitching/Defense Basketball=Defense/Star Power Hockey=Defense/Goaltending Football=Defense

I know it will go to Crosby, but I just want you to realize Marty deserves it.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by timd1218 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:56 am

I love that you call it Philthy as well. Awesome :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyway, congrats to Marty. One helluva a record to break. He should start on Sunday just for the opportunity to get 50 wins and to hopefully ruin the Islanders chances of the playoffs :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by MazzNets » Sat Apr 7, 2007 6:29 am

timd1218 wrote:I love that you call it Philthy as well. Awesome :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyway, congrats to Marty. One helluva a record to break. He should start on Sunday just for the opportunity to get 50 wins and to hopefully ruin the Islanders chances of the playoffs :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

He'll have the opportunity for 49 if he plays/wins on Sunday, and Sunday is the last game of the year and last regular season game in CAA.

Also, I really respect Crosby's game and there's no doubt he's a special player, but I really feel this is Marty's year to take down as much hardware as possible.

Return to New Jersey Devils