UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Devils Sign Viuhkola, Greene, Corrente 

Post#1 » by UCF » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:52 am

Devils sign Viuhkola, Greene, Corrente

June 13, 2007

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey Devils signed Finnish center Jari Viuhkola and defensemen Andy Greene and Matthew Corrente on Wednesday.

Viuhkola spent the past seven seasons with Karpat Oulu in the Finnish Elite League and had seven goals and 38 assists in 37 games last season.

Greene played in 23 regular-season games and all 11 postseason games after being called up from Lowell of the AHL.

Corrente was New Jersey's first-round draft pick and 30th overall in 2006. He spent last season with Saginaw and Mississauga (OHL), scoring three goals and 23 assists in 43 regular-season games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by MazzNets » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:51 am

Greene has shown he can be a top two four defenseman. He will be with the team next year.

Obviously Corrente we know is our most highly touted defensive prospect and he's most likely going to need a couple of years.

Viukola I don't know anything about. If anyone has any info on him please post it on these boards.
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
MazzNets
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by MazzNets » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:52 am

Also, its unfortunate you attend(ed) UCF because the Scarlet Knights are going to destroy you!
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"

Return to New Jersey Devils