Moderator: Morris_Shatford

zachari179
Junior
And1: 112

Re: OT:New York Rangers Stanley Cup Playoff Thread 

Post#121 » by zachari179 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm

j4remi wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
mrcalzone wrote:How come "meddling Dolan" and the "toxic MSG atmosphere" aren't affecting the Rangers in the playoffs?

I heard he doesn't meddle as much there.

Like 7 years ago he came to a similar agreement with Sather that he did with Phil if I'm not mistaken. People actually hated him because he didn't fire Sather but it's all worked out in the long run. Hopefully it doesn't take as long with Phil but it's a good sign if he can do the same with Phil.

The Rangers are playing with house money game 2...the pressure is all on Montreal now and I think it's gonna be up to Hank to have another killer game if we want this one. I can't see a second domination in a row.

Hank needs to stand up for this game also need our offense to not disappear and keep pressing. Habs willl make adjustments to make our O harder we gotta be able to score thats my biggest worry for tonight's game. Maybe Nash broke him slump with his blowout goal? wishful thinking
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,703

Post#122 » by j4remi » Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm

zachari179 wrote:
Hank needs to stand up for this game also need our offense to not disappear and keep pressing. Habs willl make adjustments to make our O harder we gotta be able to score thats my biggest worry for tonight's game. Maybe Nash broke him slump with his blowout goal? wishful thinking

Sometimes it just takes one goal...but yeah I'm not holding my breath either. The offense just has to keep pressing in the third and fourth lines, that extra pressure on defenses has really been the difference. It'll be nice if the Power Play can be productive this series too, considering we've gotten this far with virtually no PP success.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
zachari179
Junior

Post#123 » by zachari179 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:38 pm

j4remi wrote:
zachari179 wrote:

Sometimes it just takes one goal...but yeah I'm not holding my breath either. The offense just has to keep pressing in the third and fourth lines, that extra pressure on defenses has really been the difference. It'll be nice if the Power Play can be productive this series too, considering we've gotten this far with virtually no PP success.

Yep best case scenario would be to score the first goal. Then the pressure on them will increase ten times. I feel like if we fall behind early we lose confidence then usually dont end scoring or fall short a goal or two. Most the games we've won in the playoffs were games we've scored first if i remember correctly. Also the Rangers team is i believe 0-11 or something in games to take a 2 game series lead in the past few playoffs, so lets break that streak tonight
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#124 » by knickabocker88 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Price out for the Rest of the Series

Habs can't blame Krieder

Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#125 » by Apples » Mon May 19, 2014 4:30 pm

They're ignoring the fact that his leg was slashed. Watch out Kreider.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#126 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon May 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Montreal goalie Price is out for the series. Part of me is scared because a fresh goalie can get red hot. That said, the Rangers are just 3 games from playing in the Finals. They gotta have that hunger going into tonight.
zachari179
Junior

Post#127 » by zachari179 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Truth is with Price out and no real proven backup goalie rangers have no excuses not to win this series. Its basically handed to you right now on a silver plate
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,432

Post#128 » by BadNewsBarnes » Mon May 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Tonight can get real ugly quick. Rangers will need to be careful early and weather the early storm. I'm sure that the Habs will go after Kreider and Hank tonight to get an emotional edge.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#129 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon May 19, 2014 11:39 pm

was really hoping they would stick with budaj...would have been an easy sweep.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#130 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue May 20, 2014 12:36 am

1-1 tight game.
zachari179
Junior

Post#131 » by zachari179 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:42 am

game is looking all canadien even though its tied 1 to 1. puck is just in our zone and we cant get into any offensive set whatsoever. Cant take advantage of a inexpirienced goalie if we arent getting any shots on him
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#132 » by j4remi » Tue May 20, 2014 12:54 am

After that goal from Nash (finally he's awakened!) and some massive saves by Nash, it shouldn't take too much to take control of the mental game entirely. I think one more goal will push a collapse.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

zachari179
Junior

Post#133 » by zachari179 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 am

j4remi wrote:After that goal from Nash (finally he's awakened!) and some massive saves by Nash, it shouldn't take too much to take control of the mental game entirely. I think one more goal will push a collapse.

Think you mean Lunquist saves and all we gotta do is put on the offensive pressure and we have this game cant rely on hank to keep us in the gane
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#134 » by j4remi » Tue May 20, 2014 1:06 am

zachari179 wrote:
j4remi wrote:After that goal from Nash (finally he's awakened!) and some massive saves by Nash, it shouldn't take too much to take control of the mental game entirely. I think one more goal will push a collapse.

Think you mean Lunquist saves and all we gotta do is put on the offensive pressure and we have this game cant rely on hank to keep us in the gane

Yeah talking about Hank on the saves. He's been brilliant again! The period closed with the Rangers finally looking awake, so hopefully it'll carry a bit of momentum into the second period. I really think one more goal will take the Habs out of it mentally and we'll roll to a 2-0 lead.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#135 » by BKAY » Tue May 20, 2014 1:19 am

Let's go!!! Rangers looking good in the 2nd period. Crowd is definitely a factor in this one as opposed to gm 1.
zachari179
Junior

Post#136 » by zachari179 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:24 am

j4remi wrote:
zachari179 wrote:

Yeah talking about Hank on the saves. He's been brilliant again! The period closed with the Rangers finally looking awake, so hopefully it'll carry a bit of momentum into the second period. I really think one more goal will take the Habs out of it mentally and we'll roll to a 2-0 lead.

Theres our goal. putting the stamp on the game dont fall asleep now
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,817

Post#137 » by Juggynaut » Tue May 20, 2014 1:25 am

YEAH **** THOSE CANADIENS. CRUSH THEIR SOULS.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#138 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue May 20, 2014 1:32 am

The penalty killing has been one of the Rangers' greatest strengths. 3-1 Rangers. Just one game at a time.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#139 » by BKAY » Tue May 20, 2014 1:37 am

Yup and there goes the crowd
zachari179
Junior

Post#140 » by zachari179 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:47 am

i must give credit to where its due Lunquist is playing championship winning goaltending

Return to New York Rangers