ImageImageImageImageImage

Rangers Clinch!

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Rangers Clinch! 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

With 101 points, and one of the most impressive GA's in the NHL this season the Rangers are going to the playoffs!!!!

Now it becomes and issue of 1st or 4th and playing the Flyers or the Caps/Sabres.

Call me crazy but I would sooner play the Flyers then the Caps and have Ovy all of a sudden start caring.
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
User avatar
Paraglock
Freshman
Posts: 70
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Location: NY

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#2 » by Paraglock » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Nice to see the Rangers back in the Playoffs....now if they can make it past the first round......
"Life is Tough....Tougher if you are Stupid."
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#3 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm

I think the odds are pretty good;
If you get the Caps or Sabres you are generally playing an inferior team in most respects, and even if the Pens knock the out the Rangers from the top spot I am of the mindset that Goaltending is the biggest X factor in the playoffs,

And in that regard:

Rangers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flyers
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,231
And1: 12,489
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#4 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 4, 2012 2:44 pm

I really fear the Caps...nightmares from the past I suppose? Either way, this team has been so consistent and good that it's hard to picture them losing in a series...Henrik has always been a top 5 goalie to me but this year he's on a whole nother level. I truly believe he's the best goalie in hockey this season.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#5 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 4, 2012 5:06 pm

There is still hope for Buffalo, but it looks like it will be the Caps (As I believe they own the tie breaker anyway?)

The Caps are a pretty cold team going 4 - 4 -2 over their last ten; so they are not exactly riding a strongwave into the playoffs wheres the Rangers are 7 - 3- 0

The ONLY concern I have with the Caps is Ovey waking up, but even in that case I tend to agree with you that Henrik has been so good it wont even be an issue.
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Shemy
Head Coach
Posts: 6,335
And1: 458
Joined: Mar 03, 2009
Location: PHX, AZ
         

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#6 » by Shemy » Thu Apr 5, 2012 3:21 pm

j4remi wrote:I really fear the Caps...nightmares from the past I suppose? Either way, this team has been so consistent and good that it's hard to picture them losing in a series...Henrik has always been a top 5 goalie to me but this year he's on a whole nother level. I truly believe he's the best goalie in hockey this season.

best case would be for Florida to collapse and lose the 3rd seed to Washington and have Washington climb up and grab the 3rd...despite underachieving I wouldnt want apart of Ovechkin early, and I wouldnt like to face a top Goalie in Brad Miller in the playoffs either
"They scared now"
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,231
And1: 12,489
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#7 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm

And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#8 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Shemy wrote:
j4remi wrote:I really fear the Caps...nightmares from the past I suppose? Either way, this team has been so consistent and good that it's hard to picture them losing in a series...Henrik has always been a top 5 goalie to me but this year he's on a whole nother level. I truly believe he's the best goalie in hockey this season.

best case would be for Florida to collapse and lose the 3rd seed to Washington and have Washington climb up and grab the 3rd...despite underachieving I wouldnt want apart of Ovechkin early, and I wouldnt like to face a top Goalie in Brad Miller in the playoffs either


Very true;
Luckily the Rangers fell backend forward into Ottawa
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#9 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:02 pm

j4remi wrote:And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.


I think Ottawa lacks the talent up front to compete with what the Rangers are bringing in net;
This one may be over quick.
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,231
And1: 12,489
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#10 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
j4remi wrote:And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.


I think Ottawa lacks the talent up front to compete with what the Rangers are bringing in net;
This one may be over quick.


Yeah, I think this is a good match-up for us though the season series wasn't pretty so I still have a few nerves. I haven't been this excited for a playoff series in a while...I remember being hype for Rangers/Devils (Avery v Brodeur stole the headlines), but not like this.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#11 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 pm

j4remi wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
j4remi wrote:And then it was Ottawa...didn't see that coming but I like our chances tbh. I'd love to see Kreider get some minutes and show us at least a glimpse of the man behind the hype. I'm really excited about his arrival even though I picture Torts not using him until next season.


I think Ottawa lacks the talent up front to compete with what the Rangers are bringing in net;
This one may be over quick.


Yeah, I think this is a good match-up for us though the season series wasn't pretty so I still have a few nerves. I haven't been this excited for a playoff series in a while...I remember being hype for Rangers/Devils (Avery v Brodeur stole the headlines), but not like this.


I think the Sens were ultimately going to win a few here and there;
But I am still pretty confident the Rangers take this one, they just need to give Lundy a big of a break,
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
User avatar
Paraglock
Freshman
Posts: 70
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Location: NY

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#12 » by Paraglock » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Well that was a nail-biter....glad they won, now they just need to keep doing it.
"Life is Tough....Tougher if you are Stupid."
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,096
And1: 3,636
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: Rangers Clinch! 

Post#13 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Utterly and Totally terrible play by the Rangers in general;
Falling assbackwards into the second around against a team that was inferior in everyway, and putting a whole lotta wear on Henrik's tires in the process.
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!

Return to New York Rangers