Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Decipher
Rookie
And1: 952

Re: Official ‘24-25 Off-season Thread 

Post#81 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm

NetsWorld wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Unsure why you seem to give Mitchell this bad teammate, ball dominating chucker, playoff failure moniker?

I’m also unsure why Garland is being touted as some awesome off ball player and great defender?

Also, you think Garland’s asset cost would be lower?

Don’t get me wrong, I like Garland a lot, and would welcome him here with open arms, but I’m just not sure I agree with your evaluations of the two, and comparison between them.

I'm not trying to crap on Mitchell, I just don't think he's the type of guy we can win with, and I don't like the idea of giving up 3 plus picks and assets just to obtain him so we can give him a super max, I don't think he's worth that and I don't see us going that far with him. So we'll have to give up 3-5 1st round picks plus Cam Thomas, CamJ (i dont mind) and maybe a guy like Clowney. Well come to think of it that's not a bad package lol but still, we'll have to give him a boat load of cash.

I also just think Garland is a better fit, we need a point guard and I feel like Garland has more potential but it's stunted with Mitchell being there. TBH I rather someone else than either of these guys but if we're looking at Cleveland as potential trade partners, I think we should go after Garland. It's just my opinion so yea I can be wrong. And ofcourse I know Mitchell is the better player, I just think Garland makes more sense for us imo. But I'm sure Nets are looking at Mitchell, we've heard all the rumors already

Call me crazy but I can see Milwaukee potentially trading Giannis if they cannot seal the deal with Lillard and him. Maybe not next year but perhaps the year after. Anything is possible.

Far more likely (& probably inevitable) that they trade Dame and a pairing with Giannis becomes a revolving door with him being the constant in Milwaukee
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,295

Post#82 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:04 pm

Decipher wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I'm not trying to crap on Mitchell, I just don't think he's the type of guy we can win with, and I don't like the idea of giving up 3 plus picks and assets just to obtain him so we can give him a super max, I don't think he's worth that and I don't see us going that far with him. So we'll have to give up 3-5 1st round picks plus Cam Thomas, CamJ (i dont mind) and maybe a guy like Clowney. Well come to think of it that's not a bad package lol but still, we'll have to give him a boat load of cash.

I also just think Garland is a better fit, we need a point guard and I feel like Garland has more potential but it's stunted with Mitchell being there. TBH I rather someone else than either of these guys but if we're looking at Cleveland as potential trade partners, I think we should go after Garland. It's just my opinion so yea I can be wrong. And ofcourse I know Mitchell is the better player, I just think Garland makes more sense for us imo. But I'm sure Nets are looking at Mitchell, we've heard all the rumors already

Call me crazy but I can see Milwaukee potentially trading Giannis if they cannot seal the deal with Lillard and him. Maybe not next year but perhaps the year after. Anything is possible.

Far more likely (& probably inevitable) that they trade Dame and a pairing with Giannis becomes a revolving door with him being the constant in Milwaukee

Giannis might just walk at that point, he wants to win
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#83 » by NetsJets » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q9ZfAf_VfOcaELq9UpCt-A
Decipher
Rookie

Post#84 » by Decipher » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Decipher wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

Giannis might just walk at that point, he wants to win

He’s not known for his logic
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#85 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am

NetsJets wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=q9ZfAf_VfOcaELq9UpCt-A

Was about to say that’s kind of ridiculous until I looked at the list.

Besides Deni, there’s only so much of a case for him over any of the other guys above him.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#86 » by Dangun » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 pm

What do we say about getting ant simons to run the point going forward ? Where does that leave thomas though? Can that backcourt work...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#87 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 am

Dangun wrote:What do we say about getting ant simons to run the point going forward ? Where does that leave thomas though? Can that backcourt work...

If you are going to go forward with Cam, I don’t think another small, ball dominant, suspect defender at the other guard is the right call.

You need a Marcus Smart type.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,472

Post#88 » by Stone » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm

Watching the playoffs and seeing all the stacked teams, I am reconsidering whether we should rip the bandaid off and go the full rebuild route or slowly peel the bandaid off see if we can get lucky again. A case could be made for either.

BTW Marks recently hinted to a meet and greet with the Brooklyn Block or brigade season ticket holders. That we might be active during the draft
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Decipher
Rookie

Post#89 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:08 am

Hate to say it as he’s been one of my favourite players but our biggest short term issue is a max player who can’t play

Other than that, I honestly don’t think that we’re that far away and particularly as some teams might implode

Take the Cavs (or Hawks, Bulls, Bucks, Warriors etc), guarantee that their owners think that they should be better & players could potentially shake loose
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#90 » by drchaos » Today 10:44 am

If we want so sign two max free agents next Summer is there any way we could keep Bridges, Claxton and Cam Thomas if we shipped out Cam J and DFS?

Return to Brooklyn Nets