ImageImageImageImageImage

The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: jerseyjac, Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

TheNetsFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 153
Joined: Feb 11, 2007

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#441 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 am

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Polinsky let it slip that he/we believe there's 2 foreign lottery caliber players in the draft. Obviously Doncic is the first. Musa is most likely the 2nd. He's currently mocked in the late teens, so with some movement, he could be attainable.
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 30,280
And1: 6,504
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread  

Post#442 » by Paradise » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 am

Read on Twitter



Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 20,653
And1: 6,131
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#443 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 16, 2018 2:10 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:and the final cost of Billy King's stupidity has been paid. So by my count, the Nets gave up a 17, 16, 3, 1, and 8 for one season of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

oh, and a 6 for 1 season of Gerald Wallace.

They did get Thad and then LeVert out of it as well.


Alls well that ends well :lol:

I'd rather have Jason Tatum slotted next to RHJ and Allen up front :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Now Loading...please wait
TheNetsFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 153
Joined: Feb 11, 2007

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#444 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:and the final cost of Billy King's stupidity has been paid. So by my count, the Nets gave up a 17, 16, 3, 1, and 8 for one season of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

oh, and a 6 for 1 season of Gerald Wallace.

They did get Thad and then LeVert out of it as well.


Alls well that ends well :lol:

I'd rather have Jason Tatum slotted next to RHJ and Allen up front :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Everybody would (except perhaps Colangelo).
DeRoma
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,527
And1: 250
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
 

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#445 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Sadly after the top 12 the talent drop off is huge. All-star potential for these kids becomes highly unlikely. So the goal should be to get in the top 12. The only 2 players that can really shake up the top 10 order really is Kevin Knox and SGA in pre draft combine. Everyone looks to be more of a role of a role player. There are couple players that I think has a descent boom/bust potential like Afernee Simons and Robert Williams. I just don't think they are worth giving up our players over.
DeRoma
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,527
And1: 250
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
 

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#446 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 pm



This guy will be good. Forget about Mo Wagner....
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 30,280
And1: 6,504
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread  

Post#447 » by Paradise » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Robert Williams, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simons.

In that order.
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
TheNetsFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 153
Joined: Feb 11, 2007

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#448 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

DeRoma wrote:

This guy will be good. Forget about Mo Wagner....

He will be good, but he'll gone long before #29.
Papi_swav
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 1,019
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#449 » by Papi_swav » Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 pm

DeRoma wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Sadly after the top 12 the talent drop off is huge. All-star potential for these kids becomes highly unlikely. So the goal should be to get in the top 12. The only 2 players that can really shake up the top 10 order really is Kevin Knox and SGA in pre draft combine. Everyone looks to be more of a role of a role player. There are couple players that I think has a descent boom/bust potential like Afernee Simons and Robert Williams. I just don't think they are worth giving up our players over.

Dang we're screwed, let's just hope Marks pulls another one out his ***

Paradise wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Robert Williams, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simons.

In that order.

In that order *snaps fingers back and forth* lol
Sexton looks like an NBA player, the rest IDK much of. What do u think of Lonnie Walker.?
DeRoma
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,527
And1: 250
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
 

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#450 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Sadly after the top 12 the talent drop off is huge. All-star potential for these kids becomes highly unlikely. So the goal should be to get in the top 12. The only 2 players that can really shake up the top 10 order really is Kevin Knox and SGA in pre draft combine. Everyone looks to be more of a role of a role player. There are couple players that I think has a descent boom/bust potential like Afernee Simons and Robert Williams. I just don't think they are worth giving up our players over.

Dang we're screwed, let's just hope Marks pulls another one out his ***

Paradise wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Robert Williams, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simons.

In that order.

In that order *snaps fingers back and forth* lol
Sexton looks like an NBA player, the rest IDK much of. What do u think of Lonnie Walker.?


But the conept of the trade is key. Instead of worrying about the inevitable doom of salary restrictions we clear it so in the Next couple of seasons of improving we have mobility. While getting the team enough talent to manuever ways to get assets back. For me, using Prok's system, rather than Parker I'd give the money Julius Randle. We can also use the MLE to a player like Mario Hezonja. That's the only thing i'd change. Why? Randle has a great upside but won't impact the W/L column that much without talent around him. We can take the L for the 2019 draft and get a pretty got lottery pick after that.
User avatar
Ror1997
Veteran
Posts: 2,902
And1: 871
Joined: Jun 30, 2014
Location: Bronx
   

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#451 » by Ror1997 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wait on it
DeRoma
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,527
And1: 250
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
 

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread  

Post#452 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Paradise wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Robert Williams, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simons.

In that order.

I’d stay away from Sexton he looks like he has all the physical tools. I just don’t think he’ll ever be a floor general. Teams will give a chance but I see Eric Bledsoe all over his game. I’d rather go after zhaire Smith.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 30,280
And1: 6,504
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread  

Post#453 » by Paradise » Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 am

Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
Ror1997
Veteran
Posts: 2,902
And1: 871
Joined: Jun 30, 2014
Location: Bronx
   

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#454 » by Ror1997 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 am

Paradise wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.


I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.
Wait on it
FlipFlopShot
Senior
Posts: 528
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 12, 2015
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#455 » by FlipFlopShot » Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 am

Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.


I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.


With that reasoning, its more likely that it is the other way around. Teams before the 24th pick.
TheNetsFan
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 153
Joined: Feb 11, 2007

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#456 » by TheNetsFan » Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 am

Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.


I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.

That's a Billy King move. If last year has taught us anything, you have to keep options open in case somebody slides.
DeRoma
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,527
And1: 250
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
 

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread  

Post#457 » by DeRoma » Thu May 17, 2018 1:45 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Interesting.


I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.

That's a Billy King move. If last year has taught us anything, you have to keep options open in case somebody slides.

Funny you say that because the Nets locked in they will draft him in the second round a month before it happened. I knew this because I’m around Whitehead’s social circle and my boy is boys with him and played a couple pick up games with him. LeVert was also one of the first workout for the nets coming into that season.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
shakendfries
Analyst
Posts: 3,007
And1: 792
Joined: Jun 24, 2015
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#458 » by shakendfries » Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 am

DeRoma wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.

That's a Billy King move. If last year has taught us anything, you have to keep options open in case somebody slides.

Funny you say that because the Nets locked in they will draft him in the second round a month before it happened. I knew this because I’m around Whitehead’s social circle and my boy is boys with him and played a couple pick up games with him. LeVert was also one of the first workout for the nets coming into that season.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


ImageImage
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 46,264
And1: 1,665
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#459 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu May 17, 2018 2:51 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Interesting.


I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.


With that reasoning, its more likely that it is the other way around. Teams before the 24th pick.

Mainly agree. Although if a guy has a promise at 29, maybe he figures why even chance injury during individual workouts, the promise alone may create a buzz to get teams higher up interested. But pulling out of the combine leads me to believe what you're saying is much more realistic, because he's athletic enough to kill the athletic testing drills at the combine and looks like he'd measure well.
Image
yesh wrote:R Kelly believed he could fly but instead he just urinated on a girls face; proving once and for all that there is a niche for all of us in this world.
User avatar
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
Posts: 12,551
And1: 1,277
Joined: Jan 19, 2014
 

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#460 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 am

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round?

How ironic, barring a trade, we're praying for Marks to pull a Kuzma. :pray:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets