Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#1961 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:45 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
bud29 wrote:Would love having two lotto picks, but stunting Allen's growth so we can start Dwight f*cking Howard would be horrible.

Howard at 32 yrs old is still better than Allen. We can start Howard, but play Allen more mins and let him close games.

or we can buy Howard out and let him go elsewhere. I don't want Dwight Howard anywhere near this team. He's a moron.

he avg 16.6ppg, 12.5 reb and 1.6blkpg. not too shabby. he's still one of the better shot blocker/paint patrollers in the league. don't mind having him for 1 season. maybe we could resign him for cheap to back up allen.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1962 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
bud29 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:it makes sense to do the Dwight+11 with Hornets cuz that's where one of mikal bridges/miles bridges land. i think both are good fits in this offense. Dwight is an expiring k, so we retain our cap space following the 18-19 so we have nth to lose.

it's possible to get both 11 and 14 by making 2 separate trades...we have enough cap space to absorb Faried's contract w/o sending salary back to the nuggets for their #14 and we can send Caroll/RHJ/Dinwiddie to Hornets for Dwight and their #11. Faried and Howard expires after 18-19 season. we get 37mil off the books. If we still own the 29th, we can probly trade up and grab chandler hutchinson too.

Collin Sexton-11th pick
Dlo
Crabbe
Miles Bridges-14th pick
Dwight Howard

LeVert
Harris<-resigned
Chandler Hutchinson
Faried/Acy-Resigned
Allen

How does that lineup sound?

Would love having two lotto picks, but stunting Allen's growth so we can start Dwight f*cking Howard would be horrible.

Howard at 32 yrs old is still better than Allen. We can start Howard, but play Allen more mins and let him close games.

You think Kenny would play Howard? I have a feeling he'd get Mozgov'd.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1963 » by Ror1997 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
bud29 wrote:Would love having two lotto picks, but stunting Allen's growth so we can start Dwight f*cking Howard would be horrible.

What? No way. Mosgov was a 12 PER player the last 2 years. Howard was a 20+ PER player each of the last 2 years. I know per isn't everything but still, Mosgov wasnt playing at the level Howard was. contract is bad, but Howards contract is just large. He's still a good player.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#1964 » by Vae Victus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
it depends on the protections on the picks though.

If we get a guarantee from LBJ and PG13 to sign for their respective maxes when we have the requisite cap space and to trust Maginka to make it work in trading for Kawhi afterwards, thereby maximizing our bargaining position.

3 FRP, unprotected, we'll let it ride.

And hope we dont suffer the similar fate as the Billy King Nets....

oh my...in that case good sir...

We'll gladly take Deng and your unprotected picks to help you form your super team :nod:

:D

I still dont think that DHo + #11 rumor is legit. I just dont see it happening unless other major pieces are added, at least Dim. Now Faried + #14 for Dimwiddie + #29, i have a hard time believing other squads being able to beat that offer. Faried i can see being willing to take a decent paycut to goto a contender, to work up his value next FA. He has to know on BRK he wont get heavy mins since JAR and RHJ get priority over him, and he needs to fight Mozgov/Carroll for backup mins.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Post#1965 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 am

Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

What? No way. Mosgov was a 12 PER player the last 2 years. Howard was a 20+ PER player each of the last 2 years. I know per isn't everything but still, Mosgov wasnt playing at the level Howard was. contract is bad, but Howards contract is just large. He's still a good player.

Yeah, he's playing if he isn't bought out or re-traded.
This might not be MVP D12, or even good big number Houston Dwight, but he can still ball.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#1966 » by bud29 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
bud29 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:it makes sense to do the Dwight+11 with Hornets cuz that's where one of mikal bridges/miles bridges land. i think both are good fits in this offense. Dwight is an expiring k, so we retain our cap space following the 18-19 so we have nth to lose.

it's possible to get both 11 and 14 by making 2 separate trades...we have enough cap space to absorb Faried's contract w/o sending salary back to the nuggets for their #14 and we can send Caroll/RHJ/Dinwiddie to Hornets for Dwight and their #11. Faried and Howard expires after 18-19 season. we get 37mil off the books. If we still own the 29th, we can probly trade up and grab chandler hutchinson too.

Collin Sexton-11th pick
Dlo
Crabbe
Miles Bridges-14th pick
Dwight Howard

LeVert
Harris<-resigned
Chandler Hutchinson
Faried/Acy-Resigned
Allen

How does that lineup sound?

Would love having two lotto picks, but stunting Allen's growth so we can start Dwight f*cking Howard would be horrible.

I’d be cool with that, as long as Allen is getting the minutes he needs we could use a strong rebounding presence like Howard. Just don’t want him impeding the progress of our C of the future - he’s certainly better than Allen right now, but we’re in no rush to win next year :P
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1967 » by kamaze » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 am

bud29 wrote:[we’re in no rush to win next year

I'm ok with them drafting at their spots and buying a pick they'll have Lin back too that's good for at least matching last year's record then next summer we have a lottery pick AND all our assests.

If they trade good players to fix another weakness now they have 2 weaknesses instead of 1. Who knows how these rookies will turn out.

"Hit singles not home runs" just be patient.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#1968 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm

It's Monday boys... I wonder what kind of discussion we're going to be having on Friday.

Let's go Sean Marks!
JiggaMan06
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#1969 » by JiggaMan06 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:It's Monday boys... I wonder what kind of discussion we're going to be having on Friday.

Let's go Sean Marks!

Hopefully one where we are surprised but satisfied. We have a 5 mil exception we have to use before June 30th so I think we buy another second round pick to use as a stash.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect

Post#1970 » by FlipFlopShot » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:01 pm

I would love so see some trimming done on this current roster. I'm all for moving up in picks but I'm also fine with a quantity over quality approach.

Use Dinwiddie, Carroll, Lin, Crabbe, 29th, 40th and 45th to acquire several late 1st.
To a lesser extent make DLo and Rondae available too if we're really trying to push for late teens early 20s for a target player.

I don't see us getting any picks close to the lottery. Just acquiring Dwight or Faried just won't cut it. The 4th and Parsons is fake news to us.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#1971 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:33 am

Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

I've been disenchanted with Kenny's approach with most big men. Forgive me for taking an "I'll wait to see it happen" approach.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1972 » by shakendfries » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:50 am

Read on Twitter
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1973 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 am

shakendfries wrote:
Read on Twitter

i'll take markieff morris+15 for dinwiddie+29.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#1974 » by Ror1997 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:You think Kenny would play Howard? I have a feeling he'd get Mozgov'd.

I've been disenchanted with Kenny's approach with most big men. Forgive me for taking an "I'll wait to see it happen" approach.

Aside from Lopez and a 19 year old Allen, who's there to play? Mosgov, Hamilton, Okafor... They dont compare to Dwight. I'm not losing sleep over not giving those guys more minutes. They aren't difference makers.

They were all stop gaps. The C they made the biggest investment (future wise, not money wise) is Allen. That tells me that KA has a plan for incorporating a defensive minded big man into the teams system. Which means D12 would fit into KA's vision.

Plus, D12 is a good player. The guys KA didnt play weren't. It's not some war on Big men. Remember early in the season when we started Mosgov and the other teams bigman would have a career night against us? Every game?

The idea that Mosgov, Okafor or even Hamilton didn't getting minutes for any reason besides them not deserving minutes is ridiculous. To think Dwight Howard (A very good player) would get benched is worse. Cmon evo
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1975 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:You think Kenny would play Howard? I have a feeling he'd get Mozgov'd.

if howard was here he would split time with allent and they'd play maybe 4 minutes together a night. we would then trade howard at the deadline. id assume howard would get some burn at the beggining to gauge what he can do and keep him from being a distraction, then weed his minuts down before trading him
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1976 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
Read on Twitter

i'll take markieff morris+15 for dinwiddie+29.

yup im 100% onboard taking gortat or morris and 15 for #29
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1977 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 am

Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Aside from Lopez and a 19 year old Allen, who's there to play? Mosgov, Hamilton, Okafor... They dont compare to Dwight. I'm not losing sleep over not giving those guys more minutes. They aren't difference makers.

They were all stop gaps. The C they made the biggest investment (future wise, not money wise) is Allen. That tells me that KA has a plan for incorporating a defensive minded big man into the teams system. Which means D12 would fit into KA's vision.

Plus, D12 is a good player. The guys KA didnt play weren't. It's not some war on Big men. Remember early in the season when we started Mosgov and the other teams bigman would have a career night against us? Every game?

The idea that Mosgov, Okafor or even Hamilton didn't getting minutes for any reason besides them not deserving minutes is ridiculous. To think Dwight Howard (A very good player) would get benched is worse. Cmon evo

it doesnt matter uif dwight is an allstar or hwo good he is. he shouldnt play a ton because he isnt a long term piece and wins dont matter at this point of the rebuild.

play him early so he doesnt become a malcontent before trading him at the deadline. howard shouldnt eat into anyone minutes
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,572

Post#1978 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:39 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Read on Twitter

Marks should be all over this.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,572

Post#1979 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Yeah, you can't ignore the fact that Tyler Zeller played a lot before he was traded. Mozgov sucked balls. Okafor really doesn't fit in. What did Zeller do that others didn't? He rebounded. Got his hands dirty on both ends. Finished off of feeds. He also hit threes. Hell I still wish Zeller was here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#1980 » by Ror1997 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I've been disenchanted with Kenny's approach with most big men. Forgive me for taking an "I'll wait to see it happen" approach.

it doesnt matter uif dwight is an allstar or hwo good he is. he shouldnt play a ton because he isnt a long term piece and wins dont matter at this point of the rebuild.

play him early so he doesnt become a malcontent before trading him at the deadline. howard shouldnt eat into anyone minutes

Wins dont matter at this point of the rebuild? What is this, 2016? The goal is to compete next year. Marks and KA are on record saying it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets