ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, jerseyjac, Rich Rane

User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 21,537
And1: 6,373
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1221 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 am

Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.
Now Loading...please wait
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 46,790
And1: 1,830
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1222 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.

Could be something where Smart and Melo come here, Crabbe to OKC, Lin to BOS.
Image
Bryan Colangelo wrote:I don't think Bryan did it.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 21,537
And1: 6,373
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1223 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:55 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.

Could be something where Smart and Melo come here, Crabbe to OKC, Lin to BOS.


How does that work though? we would need to know Smart's 18-19 cap number first.

also, OKC absorbing Crabbe doesn't help with their luxury tax problem.

OKC knows damn well that they are most likely a 2nd rd knockout. i wouldn't pay that tax if i was the owner of that team.
Now Loading...please wait
MGrand15
Veteran
Posts: 2,949
And1: 808
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1224 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 am

Can we S&T for Smart on a 1 year deal? I'm guessing not.

I don't buy the Lin for Melo talk. OKC doesn't just give up assets. And they can't attach a 1st to him. They're not taking on money.

The only way I can see if happening is if we find a 3rd team to take on Crabbe. We'd have to be DESPERATE to get rid of him which would be strange to say the least. Possible but strange.
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 46,790
And1: 1,830
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1225 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Can we S&T for Smart on a 1 year deal? I'm guessing not.

I don't buy the Lin for Melo talk. OKC doesn't just give up assets. And they can't attach a 1st to him. They're not taking on money.

The only way I can see if happening is if we find a 3rd team to take on Crabbe. We'd have to be DESPERATE to get rid of him which would be strange to say the least. Possible but strange.

Wouldn't even need a 3rd team. Crabbe for Melo would probably work, might have to throw in Whitehead.

I don't see what's desperate with all caps? Maybe we're just looking to make a serious run at 2019 free agency and tank? Or after moving Crabbe they sign Smart to a reasonable deal, like 3/35?
Image
Bryan Colangelo wrote:I don't think Bryan did it.
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 15,741
And1: 12,760
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1226 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.


Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 21,537
And1: 6,373
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1227 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.


Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.


The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.
Now Loading...please wait
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 15,741
And1: 12,760
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1228 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.


Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.


The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.


Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 21,537
And1: 6,373
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1229 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:06 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.


The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.


Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.


Yes, because you were privy to their conversation so you know everything.

Either way, I could care less about signing and trading for him or him being here.
Now Loading...please wait
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 15,741
And1: 12,760
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1230 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.


Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.


Yes, because you were privy to their conversation so you know everything.

Either way, I could care less about signing and trading for him or him being here.


Again, you have nothing to worry about, which is what I was trying to tell you in the first place. So relax.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1231 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.


he is restricted, part of a sign and trade is typically a small asset to gaurantee they wont match

giving up a future second for smart wouldnt be an issue
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1232 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.

Could be something where Smart and Melo come here, Crabbe to OKC, Lin to BOS.


How does that work though? we would need to know Smart's 18-19 cap number first.

also, OKC absorbing Crabbe doesn't help with their luxury tax problem.

OKC knows damn well that they are most likely a 2nd rd knockout. i wouldn't pay that tax if i was the owner of that team.


Crabbe makes 10 million less then carmello. that may not get them under the tax but saves them like 14-18 million in real money
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1233 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:59 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Can we S&T for Smart on a 1 year deal? I'm guessing not.

I don't buy the Lin for Melo talk. OKC doesn't just give up assets. And they can't attach a 1st to him. They're not taking on money.

The only way I can see if happening is if we find a 3rd team to take on Crabbe. We'd have to be DESPERATE to get rid of him which would be strange to say the least. Possible but strange.


moving crabbe clears 18 million off our 2019 cap. i think there is a motivation there, especially with harris proving he is basically the same player as crabbe.

Boston can sign Smart to a 1 year deal on the qualifying offer. although i dont think smart would do that
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1234 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.


The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.


Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.

Of course there are things that would interest ainge. stop being so obtuse
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1235 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

shakendfries wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Whoa...
Read on Twitter

Makes sense for all sides, especially if we can snag a 1st or Ferguson out of the deal.


Trade Lin + buyout Melo + draft pick + cap space = win


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


yeah,... this would be an optimal use of our 10-11 million in cap space. Melo never touches foot in barclays after a buyout, Lin wasnt going to have a role anyhow, and we add a pick or fergeson

awesome
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1236 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:we can't make this deal without someone absorbing crabbe or carroll's contract.


Line makes 13 million
we have 10.8 million in cap space

thats like 24 million

carmello makes 27 million

thats with 125%

trade works i believe. if not, something like whitehead makes the difference
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 30,688
And1: 6,682
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1237 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Rodi is officially signed.

Read on Twitter
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 15,741
And1: 12,760
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1238 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.


Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.

Of course there are things that would interest ainge. stop being so obtuse


Name one. I'll wait. Chances are good that Mark's wouldn't give up whoever you name in a sign-and-trade anyways.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 27,753
And1: 7,750
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1239 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.

Of course there are things that would interest ainge. stop being so obtuse


Name one. I'll wait. Chances are good that Mark's wouldn't give up whoever you name in a sign-and-trade anyways.


Nets 1st rounder in 2019,2020,2021,2022,2023
Jarret Allen
Caris Levert
Rondae Hollis Jefferson
Allen Crabbe
11 million in cap space to take on a dump from ainge

im sure those are useless assets marks would want no part of
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 15,741
And1: 12,760
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1240 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Of course there are things that would interest ainge. stop being so obtuse


Name one. I'll wait. Chances are good that Mark's wouldn't give up whoever you name in a sign-and-trade anyways.


Nets 1st rounder in 2019,2020,2021,2022,2023
Jarret Allen
Caris Levert
Rondae Hollis Jefferson
Allen Crabbe
11 million in cap space to take on a dump from ainge

im sure those are useless assets marks would want no part of


Ainge wants nothing to do with Crabbe at his salary. That makes the Celtics taxpayers this season.
Pretty sure that the Nets giving up picks to the Celtics won't happen anytime soon.
Allen, Lavert and RHJ are all guys who Marks isn't going to give up anyhow.
The TPE for $11 million? Again, at that price, Ainge would just keep Smart.

Again, nothing is happening. Sorry.

Return to Brooklyn Nets